Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it even matter if you buy at $300 vs $400 vs $600.....  (Read 3269 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

...if this is the future?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joe200

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

Yes, actually it does. The guy who bought at $300 will have twice as much as the buy who bought at $600.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:33:49 PM

Yes, actually it does. The guy who bought at $300 will have twice as much as the buy who bought at $600.

Ohh  Shocked

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:34:46 PM

Depends if you have a rigidly-fixed amount of fiat to spend on bitcoin, of if you've decided to buy some target quantity of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Yes, but how do you know when to sell? Someone with twice as much bitcoin might sell at half the price that someone with only half the quantity of bitcoin sells at.
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:47:30 PM

Depends if you have a rigidly-fixed amount of fiat to spend on bitcoin, of if you've decided to buy some target quantity of bitcoin.

Ok, I decided with my $10 000 to buy 1000 bitcoin ! Wait, I can't ? You can fix the amount of bitcoin you want, you're limited anyway by the amount of cash you have...
docco

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:50:46 PM

+1 haha!!

but does it matter if you have a ton of money or fk ton of money.. Tongue
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:06:30 PM

Obviously it does. If I buy at 300 instead of 600 I have double the number of BTCS. That can mean the difference between 1 million and 2 million in the future, so it matters even much more.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 4415

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

Yes, but how do you know when to sell?

Not everyone intends to sell.

I for one would like to still have most of my coins when they can be used to pay for most things directly.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 4415

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:14:57 PM

Does it even matter if you buy at $300 vs $400 vs $600.....

No more or less than it mattered if you paid $3 vs $4 vs $6 back in 2011-2.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:24:20 PM

I for one would like to still have most of my coins when they can be used to pay for most things directly.

Would you really want to wait until the price is near the dollar so you can pay for things directly???
C'mon guys we all know BTC is a great idea but all the bearish indicators are in & we are about to dive down... why keep buying on the way down?! I promise you buying at the actual bottom is better & I promise you it won't go to $10k without you having a chance to buy it near the bottom since basically everyone here watches the price daily. So what's the rush??? Whatever idiots are buying at this level for the long term will get smashed just like everyone who bought bitcoin this entire year thinking it's for the long term!

BUY BITCOIN AT $200~ THEN BE HAPPY TO HOLD LONG TERM... DOUBLE THE PRICE IS  Roll Eyes
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:17:48 AM

Yes, but how do you know when to start paying for most things directly? If bitcoin skyrockets you might be able to buy a house with the same amount of bitcoins that would buy you a dell laptop today.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 5033

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:36:08 AM

No it doesn't matter.  Because no one knows what fair market value is.  It keeps going up.  And up.  And up.  And up.

Like the guys arguing over whether to buy at $2 vs $1.  Or at $20 vs. $10.  Or at $100 vs $50.  Or at $200 vs $100.

When the price gets to $10,000/btc, you guys do realize that someone has to be buying at that market price to maintain equilibrium, right?

So I guess that guy that bought at $100 is such an idiot, while [you] were still patiently waiting for it to drop to $50.  Man, is that guy such an idiot now.   Roll Eyes
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:50:58 AM

Nothing matters when BTC hits a trillion dollars. Any day now ... The ETF is launching soon.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:54:22 AM

what's taking the public so long to figure out how awesome bitcoin is? any day now, they're going to start buying. I'll go back to my day dreams of being rich for now.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Or Bitcoin gets overtaken by an altcoin in the next few years and it will be game over. Whatever it will be: don't assume that you are entitled to another rally above 1000 dollars. Hell, I first want to see if Bitcoin can have 3 months of growth before we start talking about trains or the moon again.

This type of blissful ignorance is why many people out there get burned. 'In the past it rose to 1000 dollars, so it MUST go higher now'. If the past would be a guarantee for the future, that type of thinking would indeed work out. Only it doesn't.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Hey that's kind of mean to the butters!

Yes it's technically true *technically* that Bitcoin is only 500K - 2M users and it's been almost 6 years now.   Whatsapp came out in the same year as Bitcoin and has over 600 million users.

If something couldn't go viral over 6 years, despite it being all over the news (I hear about Bitcoin on television more than Whatsapp and Facebook), then it's proof that Bitcoin is good concept butpoor execution and mainstreet isn't going for it.

Nowadays there's something like 1500 alternates in total - *of course* most of them are $hitcoins but there's 6 to 12 good ones with new code and new ideas.  If an alternate does go viral then it will surpass Bitcoin's userbase in months.  Bitcoin's 500K - 2M users is smaller than club membership at hotels, airlines, online dating sites, et cetera.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:09:52 AM

Or Bitcoin gets overtaken by an altcoin in the next few years and it will be game over. Whatever it will be: don't assume that you are entitled to another rally above 1000 dollars. Hell, I first want to see if Bitcoin can have 3 months of growth before we start talking about trains or the moon again.

This type of blissful ignorance is why many people out there get burned. 'In the past it rose to 1000 dollars, so it MUST go higher now'. If the past would be a guarantee for the future, that type of thinking would indeed work out. Only it doesn't.

Right. Because Bitcoin user adoption world wide has peaked. /s
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:15:23 AM

Hey that's kind of mean to the butters!

Yes it's technically true *technically* that Bitcoin is only 500K - 2M users and it's been almost 6 years now.   Whatsapp came out in the same year as Bitcoin and has over 600 million users.

If something couldn't go viral over 6 years, despite it being all over the news (I hear about Bitcoin on television more than Whatsapp and Facebook), then it's proof that Bitcoin is good concept butpoor execution and mainstreet isn't going for it.

Nowadays there's something like 1500 alternates in total - *of course* most of them are $hitcoins but there's 6 to 12 good ones with new code and new ideas.  If an alternate does go viral then it will surpass Bitcoin's userbase in months.  Bitcoin's 500K - 2M users is smaller than club membership at hotels, airlines, online dating sites, et cetera.

Cry .....why u do this?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:04:25 AM

Some of us are already  drinking the motherfucking coffee.... We made a lot of money from the early days when btc was worth hardly anything to the ath

I expect to make a lot more as mainstream adoption grows but even if I don't I'm comfortable for the rest of my life because of btc

How do you like that  coffee?  Smiley
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:44:07 AM

Some of us are already  drinking the motherfucking coffee.... We made a lot of money from the early days when btc was worth hardly anything to the ath

I expect to make a lot more as mainstream adoption grows but even if I don't I'm comfortable for the rest of my life because of btc

How do you like that  coffee?  Smiley

You live in Guatemala, brew?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: