Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have an old, unused PC or video card? You can mine AppleByte profitably!  (Read 940 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:56:08 PM

The official AppleByte pool has a bonus paid to our CPU miners, who mine using the AppleByte wallet's built-in pool miner

So if you have an old PC you are not using, you can still profitably mine AppleBytes.The bonus also increases payouts to GPU miners.

The bonus is paid by the AppleByte Foundation, and is not taken from anyone's share.

Newbie friendly instructions to set up the pool miner are:Mining Get Started

Here are the technical details, if you are interested:

We pay a bonus to every account in the pool. The bonus is the same regardless of the hash power you use to mine. We pay the bonus on every block mined by the pool. So whether you mine with an old PC getting 5khs or ASICS getting 25mhs, you get the same bonus every time the pool finds a block, greatly increasing the amount of ABY given to smaller miners.

So for example:

Miners using the wallet on a typical laptop get 10 - 15 khs, and can mine about 40-50 ABY per day
The largest miners on the pool get 25mhs, and can mine about 10,000 ABY per day.

Our bonus is the same for each size of account, so for example if the bonus is 0.2 ABY per block (and the pool mines 200 blocks per day, each account gets a bonus of 40 ABY per day.

The bonus is paid by the AppleByte Foundation, and is not taken from anyone's share.
These estimates are approximate & can change based on the number of miners.

Happy Mining!

AppleByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter
Reddit: AppleByteMe Reddit

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: