Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TOWN HALL (prep) Meeting: Butterfly Labs  (Read 21790 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:21:38 PM

So... When's the town hall going to happen, and when will Sonny finally get around to updating his thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:00:23 PM

So... When's the town hall going to happen, and when will Sonny finally get around to updating his thread?
Why don't you contact  them and ask? I've given up on them. The BFL may think that's great, but it's not.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:56:13 PM

There is a poll on their portal forum with a "final" list of candidates. I assume that Josh is waiting for that poll to close to announce the person.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
niko

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:01:17 PM

There is a poll on their portal forum with a "final" list of candidates. I assume that Josh is waiting for that poll to close to announce the person.
That has got nothing to do with this thread and has got everything to do with avoiding the questions asked here.

bobitza

Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:10:03 PM

You're right. Sorry, I was under the impression is the other thread with the factory visit.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:22:28 PM

here some more tin foil hat stuff to add into the mix.

sonny claims on the 15th of september 2010 he signed a guilty plea to 1 count of mail fruad then went home to his moms house in kansas..

At the last minute, the prosecution calls for a meeting and tells me I can go home if I accept a single count of mail fraud.  They would drop 23 charges and leave me with a simple postal violation (lesser count of mail fraud).  After two and a half years, I thought about it and agreed.  I signed and went home to my Mother's house in Kansas City.  I sat there looking at the wall for a long time.  I didn't feel like leaving the house much.  It was difficult to get over the emotional loss.  My life was ruined.  Mom got me an account on match.com and encouraged me to date.  I met a wonderful girl and we had a little boy.  We named him Indy.  My life continued and I started to look for a new project to begin life again.  A fresh start.  I'm on a good track now, trying to put the past behind me.

Kind regards,
Sonny Vleisides

strange because he didnt ask permission to live away from the state of california until 3rd of may 2011.....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/106602343/Probation-Transfer-of-Jurisdiction

secondly if you read all the other documents linked part of his orders are not to do certain types of business and not to contact anyone linked to the fraud.

quite a few nice transcripts to read if interested

personal message to sonny.. i hope your going to be a good little boy until september 2013

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

...as Bitcointalk.org becomes Sonny's de facto parole officer.
niko

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:56:02 PM

Still nothing.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 06:15:26 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2012, 07:03:24 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Time for some more questions.

1. How does a photographer in Kansas City team up with a rocket scientist in France to start a circuit board company and got lucky enough to have Josh on the team who just so happens to live in the KC area with his prior claim-to-fame being a data center operator?

2. Was Andrew Vleisides the actual person who signed up to Mt Gox or did another member of his family do for him? (from the email dump #35419)

3. Is Sonny K and Sonny Vleisides one and the same? This has yet to be answered.

4. Is Gabriel Vleisides' brother Sonny, and is it possible that Gabriel could be the mastermind behind BFL, for he seems to have the most knowledge when it comes to computers?

http://americanroadmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101&st=4820 (Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:09 AM)

Hello Road experts and connoisseurs,

Is there any suggestions for  Must see places and unique things to see

for this route. ----> Houston to  Kansas City (We will travel a few

hours out of the way .... or more if worth  it)

this will be a 2 day or 3(or 4) day trip if the sites are compelling

enough (depending on how long I keep his interest)

**We will leave  Houston Wednesday March 29th approximately. (not much

time

My brother  will fly up to Houston (from Costa Rica) and meet me there.

But I would like to  show him a planned route with

scenic points for him to agree with Monday or  Tuesday via the Internet.

(That would be nice, but not a necessary addition)     Does streets and

trips have an output option to send interactive info to  someone who

does not have the Program for collaboration?

My brother and I  live apart and this will be an important chance to do

some interactive things  together and have some fun. (I'm 36 and he his

34)  We are young and active and  enjoy history, unique strange things

and I enjoy anything about Jesus  Christ.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You're fellow Road  explorer,

Gabriel

p.s. I have Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005 that  I'm trying to figure

out.

Is the 2006 version that much better as far as the  scenic points

database ?

https://twitter.com/openinfoservice

European Coordinator - Global Education Conference -background in computers, technology and teaching experience.It's an honor to help people connect worldwide
Kansas City, MO (United States · http://sites.google.com/site/gabrielvleisidesadvisorbio/

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=openinfoservices.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

Registrant:
OIS - Open Info Services
9817 Walnut st.
Kansas City, MO 64114
US

Domain name: OPENINFOSERVICES.COM

Administrative Contact:
AOS, Domains domains@hostek.com
PO Box 701048
Tulsa, OK 74170-1048
US
+1.19183927870
Technical Contact:
Domains, AOS support@hostek.com
PO Box 701048
Tulsa, OK 74170
US
+1.9183927870 Fax: +1.8665655138
Registration Service Provider:
HOSTEK.COM, support@hostek.com
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 01-Jul-2012.
Record expires on 01-Jul-2013.
Record created on 01-Jul-2011.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
NS4.HOSTEK.COM
NS3.HOSTEK.COM

The 9817 Walnut st. address is Gabriel's home.

http://www.linkedin.com/company/open-information-services

About Open information Services

Web and Application development

15 years experience in computer consultation and support. Ambitious .NET programmer continually training for and updating industry leading certifications in Windows, Web and Database Development ( C# expertise). Conversational Spanish, Russian and Italian language ability with international business and volunteer experience.
camosoul

Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 08:57:55 PM

All the BFL haters' arguments boil down to "Blow me more or I hate you." Is that how you treat your wife/girlfriend, too?

A prison record means nothing in this day and age. Most governments have declared open war on basic human rights and have no interest in protecting anyone from anything. With so much money to be made on the prison industry, huge volumes of people are convicted and locked on nothing but the word of a cop and their inability to afford a defense; default guilty. The so-called 'justice system' has become nothing but a false prosecution racket. If you're not rich, you're guilty. Period. I put zero faith in what it does or says. A prison record is not a blemish. It is dangerous to be right when government is wrong. It doesn't make a person dirty or bad. Failure to defy that would surely make you so... Forget that bitcoin exists almost exclusively because of government's evil incursions? There would be no interest in BitCoin if government laws and currency were valid.

Do you know how many class action suits I've gotten settlements for and had no idea I was even getting screwed in the first place? Sears. IBM. AT&T. Sony. Microsoft. Intel. Do you cast doubt on them to deliver their products? They screwed over billions of people!

Anyway....

Does the product work? Have they delivered?

The man takes no BS and I appreciate him for it. He's not a blowhard PR/CS type sucking your **** just because you cried about not getting your **** sucked. I appreciate a man who doesn't spread the burgeoning entitlement attitudes. Whine and scream, talk about your feelings, get free stuff... Just shut up.

Prediction, speculation, or just plain making stuff up... The attitudes and behaviors presented here only solidify my faith in BFL. There is no reason to defend one's self from whining jerks that inflate irrelevant lies. BFL has delivered before. Setbacks with new technologies are not unusual. It happens to every tech company I've heard of.

Pull your heads out of your asses and shut the hell up. You're not getting any free stuff out of it. The only way to be 100% is wait. Until then, it's juat a bunch of pointless words on the internet... How dare you waste my precious bandwidth with this crap!

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 10:30:52 PM

Expanding on camosoul's essay and just a main point we should all just deal with:

It's a personal choice if you want to pre-order from BFL, then it's a choice if you'd like to cancel your pre-order or demand a refund if you feel they are taking too long.

Everything's voluntary. Just wait for new information to come out, it makes no sense arguing at this point; everything's been argued already.

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
MinorMiner

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 03:10:28 AM

Expanding on camosoul's essay and just a main point we should all just deal with:

It's a personal choice if you want to pre-order from BFL, then it's a choice if you'd like to cancel your pre-order or demand a refund if you feel they are taking too long.

Everything's voluntary. Just wait for new information to come out, it makes no sense arguing at this point; everything's been argued already.

Yea, so much BFL hate but noone is forcing you do business with anyone.  Huh

All contributions gratefully received 1G6Wia22Jnpz2DUisA5EoAC6KJ7MHm6QyP
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 03:17:13 AM

A prison record is not a blemish.

Yes, because we all know that taking $19,000,000 from little old ladies is simply just the way a fine upstanding citizen makes a living.

Buy & Hold
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:31:02 AM

Yea, so much BFL hate but noone is forcing you do business with anyone.  Huh

+1

who the F^&k cares. I don't. This guy doesnt owe you any answers. I know plenty of dirty business owners who should be in prison but just havent got caught yet.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

Please stay on topic, i.e. post only questions to be asked, this thread clearly isn't supposed to end up in a continuation of that recent flamewar.

What do you expect when the old thread gets locked?

Here is a thread on the subject for chit chat Smiley. Bring any questions back if you want them answered, i'm not sure if BFL_Sonny will post in all threads.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0

We are sure now, aren't we?

The most simplest question was question #1 in post #3 of this thread: Who is Sonny K.? What was the reply?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:08:13 AM

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/04/08/bitcoin-mining-class-action-lawsuit-butterfly-labs.html?page=2

Has this town hall been asleep for too long?

My questions:

1. Are there any customers that can attest to the nature of the relationship with BFL?
2. With 2 active lawsuits against BFL does anyone that supported them in the past now wish to change their mind?
3. Should the community now work to inform the new members coming to Bitcointalk about the dangers of BFL?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
randomlove

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:53:29 AM

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/04/08/bitcoin-mining-class-action-lawsuit-butterfly-labs.html?page=2

Has this town hall been asleep for too long?

My questions:

1. Are there any customers that can attest to the nature of the relationship with BFL?
2. With 2 active lawsuits against BFL does anyone that supported them in the past now wish to change their mind?
3. Should the community now work to inform the new members coming to Bitcointalk about the dangers of BFL?

Shit dude,do you have a life or do you just dig through old posts spamming the forums with the same shit! I hate bfl and josh but you take it to a new plateau! And nothing will happen from any of them, the system is broke and they know that, seems like you still think it real! Sad! Its there for the rich (affluenza) and to keep 'scum' down in the farm (borders). China keeps their farm complacent, same with Russia so why do you think your not treated like animals either?

But no, you go wave your flag like a patriotic moron and paying your taxes that fund all the bankers wars. Yes, all wars are bankers wars, ALL OF THEM!
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:20:11 PM

http://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/1423058/bf-labs-inc

How long before BFL principals go to jail?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:21:25 PM

All the BFL haters' arguments boil down to "Blow me more or I hate you." Is that how you treat your wife/girlfriend, too?

A prison record means nothing in this day and age. Most governments have declared open war on basic human rights and have no interest in protecting anyone from anything. With so much money to be made on the prison industry, huge volumes of people are convicted and locked on nothing but the word of a cop and their inability to afford a defense; default guilty. The so-called 'justice system' has become nothing but a false prosecution racket. If you're not rich, you're guilty. Period. I put zero faith in what it does or says. A prison record is not a blemish. It is dangerous to be right when government is wrong. It doesn't make a person dirty or bad. Failure to defy that would surely make you so... Forget that bitcoin exists almost exclusively because of government's evil incursions? There would be no interest in BitCoin if government laws and currency were valid.

Do you know how many class action suits I've gotten settlements for and had no idea I was even getting screwed in the first place? Sears. IBM. AT&T. Sony. Microsoft. Intel. Do you cast doubt on them to deliver their products? They screwed over billions of people!

Anyway....

Does the product work? Have they delivered?

The man takes no BS and I appreciate him for it. He's not a blowhard PR/CS type sucking your **** just because you cried about not getting your **** sucked. I appreciate a man who doesn't spread the burgeoning entitlement attitudes. Whine and scream, talk about your feelings, get free stuff... Just shut up.

Prediction, speculation, or just plain making stuff up... The attitudes and behaviors presented here only solidify my faith in BFL. There is no reason to defend one's self from whining jerks that inflate irrelevant lies. BFL has delivered before. Setbacks with new technologies are not unusual. It happens to every tech company I've heard of.

Pull your heads out of your asses and shut the hell up. You're not getting any free stuff out of it. The only way to be 100% is wait. Until then, it's juat a bunch of pointless words on the internet... How dare you waste my precious bandwidth with this crap!

How's that faith now buddy?

Pantheon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:36:55 PM

all I care about is, why arent they in jail or paying back all those who lost the pre-order money.

I remember I had to sell my 1st 5ghs jalapeno I had bought from ebay just to remove the risk of my original pre-order i had.

and that was like literally 1 year and half ago i think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: