Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Currency Most Likely to Challenge Bitcoin for Consumer Adoption  (Read 1906 times)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 03:58:06 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 04:11:31 AM by MicroGuy

It’s going to happen. Not a single person, not a single thing, has ever managed to stay number-one indefinitely. History has proven this time and time again.

Just look at Muhammad Ali, Bill Cosby, or the once dominant search engine AltaVista. They each opened doors, and experienced the sweetness of conquest, but none of them were able to forever stay on top.

On November 29th, the first cryptocurrency conference ever held on the continent of Africa will focus on introducing Goldcoin (GLD) to the people of SA. In just 10 days, prominent South African businessman and investor, Jason Swart, will be hosting the first annual SA Goldcoin Conference in “The Friendly City” of Port Elizabeth.

Swart explains why he likes Goldcoin’s potential:

"As South Africans, I truly believe Goldcoin is something we as a nation could get behind, as South Africa has always been tied to Gold and in particular another Gold coin, the Krugerrand. So to say Goldcoin makes sense to us, well is an understatement."

Swart hopes to spark a new era in cryptocurrency. An era that will see the emergence of a new competitor to the Bitcoin throne. A currency with a name that tests number one with consumers worldwide. A currency with a developer that plans to show the world just how innovative an “alternative currency” can be when creative focus is combined with raw talent.

Landmark Client

Attendees of the event will get to witness the official premier of the new Goldcoin client. Goldcoin lead developer, Amir Eslampanah, explained over Skype:

"In terms of wallet functionality, modularity, security, and sheer performance, the Goldcoin wallet will be unrivaled. Block download times will also be decreased considerably thanks to on-the-fly compression and multi-threaded download capability."

After finding the standard Bitcoin codebase unsuitable as a cryptocurrency core, Akumaburn (as he is known on the forums), set out to create something bigger, something better, something he could call his very own.

The new client will make Goldcoin the first mineable cryptocurrency built on Java, the first to rewrite the Bitcoin codebase, and the first to support multiple cryptocurrencies. In an industry that awards innovation, this new application could be just what the doctor ordered.

Goldcoin (GLD) is a popular digital currency that allows consumers to make online purchases with little to no fee. Goldcoin is currently trading at just under one cent per coin with a market capitalization of $249,807.00, according to Coinmarketcap.com.

Full Story: http://altcoinpress.com/2014/11/the-currency-most-likely-to-challenge-bitcoin-for-consumer-adoption/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:49:48 AM

the question is how your scam coin going to do that?
how many merchant and/or store are accepting your scam coin so far, compare to bitcoin?
i think you come up with way to strong for a scam? lol

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:33:38 AM

only Neutral control systems like :

Quark

Mooncoin

Caps

others etc.

I don't doubt that Goldcoin could be there in the future, however you disabled it by those massive reward blocks then human interaction in the reward.

this human disability is also humans feature for survival.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:33:32 AM

It is expected that Ethereum will be such a currency, but it is hard to say anything before it is launched.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:03:33 AM

the question is how your scam coin going to do that?
how many merchant and/or store are accepting your scam coin so far, compare to bitcoin?
i think you come up with way to strong for a scam? lol

I don't always like Microguy's style but I certainly wouldn't call goldcoin a scam; ie the devs, have put more time, effort and money into it then they have ever gotten in return and are still at it.

Challenge bitcoin maybe not, but has a strong dev team that's stuck around for the long haul, so I think it has more upside then 99% of the other coins around here.

Didn't panic and change to whatever algo, pos etc other coins from that era went, just went its own path and depending on what this new client brings, might even win above most in the features, innovative department.

Worth keeping an eye on imho.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:07:45 AM

only Neutral control systems like :

Quark

Mooncoin

Caps

others etc.

I don't doubt that Goldcoin could be there in the future, however you disabled it by those massive reward blocks then human interaction in the reward.

this human disability is also humans feature for survival.

Yes we will all be using Mooncoin. Brilliant!

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 08:32:55 AM

I sure wish I could post an update everyday without getting it deleted. Hell, I wish I could post one post about our staking hardware without getting it deleted. But we get to see Goldcoin update threads every two days

Thanks mprep. Stellar job you're doing here

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:56:47 AM

Definitely belongs in the off-topic section, under a humor subforum.   Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:21:16 AM

It would be the currency offering consumers unique use cases. By 'unique' I mean something that consumers can't use their fiat for to buy and would be forced to convert their fiat to that crypto. No, drugs don't qualify as a unique use case.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:46:11 AM

So we earn it by mining?
or they just created it?
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:01:10 AM

It is expected that Ethereum will be such a currency, but it is hard to say anything before it is launched.

probably the best guess.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:24:04 PM

I sure wish I could post an update everyday without getting it deleted. Hell, I wish I could post one post about our staking hardware without getting it deleted. But we get to see Goldcoin update threads every two days

That must been 365/2 posts about GLD, if it is the same GLD coin that shows Market Cap data reaching back into 2013.

$ 150 of it changed hands last 24h, looking pretty much dead by now. I wounder how big the gold market is, down there in South Africa.

just under one cent per coin with a market capitalization of $249,807.00, according to Coinmarketcap.com
$ 242,050 now, has lost $ 7757 just after OP posted.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:43:26 PM

NEM
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:54:29 AM

So we earn it by mining?
or they just created it?

Yes. You can earn Goldcoin (GLD) by mining it or joining the Goldcoin Forum where newbies receive 50 FREE Goldcoins just for registering.

https://www.gldtalk.org
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:59:09 AM

No, No, No, You have recieved the 50 GLD from the king of nigeria cause no one claimed the lottery... Please send us .5BTC to get your gld wallet.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:01:13 AM

That must been 365/2 posts about GLD, if it is the same GLD coin that shows Market Cap data reaching back into 2013.

$ 150 of it changed hands last 24h, looking pretty much dead by now. I wounder how big the gold market is, down there in South Africa.

just under one cent per coin with a market capitalization of $249,807.00, according to Coinmarketcap.com

Why would coinmarketcap be any indication of a coins health? I'd say less then 5% of the coins trades I've ever done would show up on there.
darthcoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:45:48 PM

Is there anything special about this GLD? Looks like another shitcoin to me.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 02:04:09 PM

Is there anything special about this GLD? Looks like another shitcoin to me.

There are lots of special things about Goldcoin. Maybe you could come participate in the project and learn more.

If you are truly interested, there is a wealth of information on the forum: https://www.gldtalk.org
Crypto King

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:16:59 PM

Could we have a list of coins where the Developer has written a complete new client? O yeh, goldcoin has!

Remember read this also.

Landmark Client

Attendees of the event will get to witness the official premier of the new Goldcoin client. Goldcoin lead developer, Amir Eslampanah, explained over Skype:

"In terms of wallet functionality, modularity, security, and sheer performance, the Goldcoin wallet will be unrivaled. Block download times will also be decreased considerably thanks to on-the-fly compression and multi-threaded download capability."

After finding the standard Bitcoin codebase unsuitable as a cryptocurrency core, Akumaburn (as he is known on the forums), set out to create something bigger, something better, something he could call his very own.

The new client will make Goldcoin the first mineable cryptocurrency built on Java, the first to rewrite the Bitcoin codebase, and the first to support multiple cryptocurrencies. In an industry that awards innovation, this new application could be just what the doctor ordered.
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

to many peeps been dumping goldcoin

bagholders getting desperate and want out ?

trying it this way ? LOL

who knows i wont invest ( even if it was for a short pump and dump )

http://altcoinpress.com/ << super trustworthy LOL no TY

lol no ty
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: