Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how/what we can do to stop many scam coins keep popping up then disappear?  (Read 2400 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
benthach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:25:40 AM

please share your idea how to stop this get rich quick madness?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hardroad

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

█ If you want logo pm me █

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:32:37 AM

We can not stop this Smiley

benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:35:28 AM

i am sure there is a way

minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:36:06 AM

Please share your idea how to stop this get rich quick madness?

Simple:

Don't fall for the obvious (most ICO's are scams), free distribution (nothing's free)
Don't fall for gigantic and weird promises (buy my premine and my coins will cure cancer sort of thing)
Cypto needs variety, thanks to that we have some really good coins like Viacoin, XQN, BitcoinDark, and others. But we need quality, and fair distribution, or at least as fair as it can be.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:52:50 AM

In my opinion there is relatively easy way and I commented it in other thread. That way is called "Altcoin police" (or name it as you wish). This can be group of respected and long time members of the forum which will act like CryptoAsian's PoD (who proved that is not always working). They can also review the code for malware and only then you can announce launching of new coin (otherwise thread will be deleted by mods). There is also a way for them to be rewarded. The dev/s of the coin can paid them in BTC (let's say 1 BTC for 10 people from the "police") from their "pocket" or gathered with small ICO.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:54:37 AM

Stop mining/buying shit coins with no innovation.
hardroad

Activity: 224

█ If you want logo pm me █

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:55:11 AM

Please share your idea how to stop this get rich quick madness?

Simple:

Don't fall for the obvious (most ICO's are scams), free distribution (nothing's free)
Don't fall for gigantic and weird promises (buy my premine and my coins will cure cancer sort of thing)
Cypto needs variety, thanks to that we have some really good coins like Viacoin, XQN, BitcoinDark, and others. But we need quality, and fair distribution, or at least as fair as it can be.
Welcome bro,
If we add some rules about the premine. maybe we can do something.
1- Not give any attention to any new coin if the dev have more than 0.2% premine
2-Kill any ICO before birth Grin

TTCoin

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:13:11 AM

I really think the best thing to do is to invest on something true when it's live.
benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:19:45 AM

Stop mining/buying shit coins with no innovation.

but their pitch is so good and believable, newbies would left with nothing against them Grin

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:39:15 AM

Ok kids, listen up.

Read this fucking book.  I said, READ THIS FUCKING BOOK!!!  Then understand numbers, not perform arithmetic, Understand Numbers!!!  This is a game and numbers determine, represent, run it, just like everywhere else.

"Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"

First published in 1842.  Free via Gutenberg Archive.  Get it.  Read it.  It's got nice pictures.  Read the first chapter TONIGHT!!!

THE MISSISSIPPI SCHEME.

John Law; his birth and youthful career—Duel between Law and Wilson—Law’s escape from the King’s Bench—The “Land-bank”—Law’s gambling propensities on the continent, and acquaintance with the Duke of Orleans—State of France after the reign of Louis XIV.—Paper money instituted in that country by Law—Enthusiasm of the French people at the Mississippi Scheme—Marshal Villars—Stratagems employed and bribes given for an interview with Law—Great fluctuations in Mississippi stock—Dreadful murders (kewl!)—Law created comptroller-general of finances—Great sale for all kinds of ornaments in Paris—Financial difficulties commence—Men sent out to work the mines on the Mississippi, as a blind—Payment stopped at the bank—Law dismissed from the ministry—Payments made in specie—Law and the Regent satirised in song—Dreadful crisis of the Mississippi Scheme—Law, almost a ruined man, flies to Venice—Death of the Regent—Law obliged to resort again to gambling—His death at Venice

You see what you got here?  You've got the first book on mass psychology... ever... and it starts with a chapter on the introduction of paper money in France.  Seriously, when I got into this scene I started asking people and I could not believe that only two people I ran into had ever heard of it.  Now I'm sure that everyone here has probably read a shit-ton of manuals and texts, but just going by the numbers, and remember it is ALL numbers, most here haven't really read all that much.  I'm serious.  You may think you do, you have, and a fraction of you actually have, but I've been reading everything about everything for over 40 years.  Do the math.  Now if I say that this is the most important book you have to read, NOW, it is, and you should.  I've earned my P.o.A.A.  (Proof of Arrogant Asshole)

It's late, I'm tired, but I'll be back tomorrow with more and I'll continue to do so until you really KNOW what the hell is going on here.

If you can't read those twenty pages of fucked up madness by tomorrow, well god that's wimpy.

"Law was now at the zenith of his prosperity, and the people were rapidly approaching the zenith of their infatuation. The highest and the lowest classes were alike filled with a vision of boundless wealth. There was not a person of note among the aristocracy, with the exception of the Duke of St. Simon and Marshal Villars, who was not engaged in buying or selling stock. People of every age and sex and condition in life speculated in the rise and fall of the Mississippi bonds. The Rue de Quincampoix was the grand resort of the jobbers, and it being a narrow, inconvenient street, accidents continually occurred in it, from the tremendous pressure of the crowd. Houses in it, worth, in ordinary times, a thousand livres of yearly rent, yielded as much as twelve or sixteen thousand. A cobbler, who had a stall in it, gained about two hundred livres a day by letting it out, and furnishing writing materials to brokers and their clients. The story goes, that a hunchbacked man who stood in the street gained considerable sums by lending his hump as a writing-desk to the eager speculators! The great concourse of persons who assembled to do business brought a still greater concourse of spectators. These again drew all the thieves and immoral characters of Paris to the spot, and constant riots and disturbances took place. At nightfall, it was often found necessary to send a troop of soldiers to clear the street."

(Most of) you aren't stupid, you're just ignorant.  There are a hell of a lot of "smart" people who aren't, they're just knowledgeable.  This is just some of what I've bothered to keep over the years.  I've also got the silo out back.

Read The Damn Book!!!

benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:15:17 PM

Ok kids, listen up.

Read this fucking book.  I said, READ THIS FUCKING BOOK!!!  Then understand numbers, not perform arithmetic, Understand Numbers!!!  This is a game and numbers determine, represent, run it, just like everywhere else.

"Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"

First published in 1842.  Free via Gutenberg Archive.  Get it.  Read it.  It's got nice pictures.  Read the first chapter TONIGHT!!!

THE MISSISSIPPI SCHEME.

John Law; his birth and youthful career—Duel between Law and Wilson—Law’s escape from the King’s Bench—The “Land-bank”—Law’s gambling propensities on the continent, and acquaintance with the Duke of Orleans—State of France after the reign of Louis XIV.—Paper money instituted in that country by Law—Enthusiasm of the French people at the Mississippi Scheme—Marshal Villars—Stratagems employed and bribes given for an interview with Law—Great fluctuations in Mississippi stock—Dreadful murders (kewl!)—Law created comptroller-general of finances—Great sale for all kinds of ornaments in Paris—Financial difficulties commence—Men sent out to work the mines on the Mississippi, as a blind—Payment stopped at the bank—Law dismissed from the ministry—Payments made in specie—Law and the Regent satirised in song—Dreadful crisis of the Mississippi Scheme—Law, almost a ruined man, flies to Venice—Death of the Regent—Law obliged to resort again to gambling—His death at Venice

You see what you got here?  You've got the first book on mass psychology... ever... and it starts with a chapter on the introduction of paper money in France.  Seriously, when I got into this scene I started asking people and I could not believe that only two people I ran into had ever heard of it.  Now I'm sure that everyone here has probably read a shit-ton of manuals and texts, but just going by the numbers, and remember it is ALL numbers, most here haven't really read all that much.  I'm serious.  You may think you do, you have, and a fraction of you actually have, but I've been reading everything about everything for over 40 years.  Do the math.  Now if I say that this is the most important book you have to read, NOW, it is, and you should.  I've earned my P.o.A.A.  (Proof of Arrogant Asshole)

It's late, I'm tired, but I'll be back tomorrow with more and I'll continue to do so until you really KNOW what the hell is going on here.

If you can't read those twenty pages of fucked up madness by tomorrow, well god that's wimpy.

"Law was now at the zenith of his prosperity, and the people were rapidly approaching the zenith of their infatuation. The highest and the lowest classes were alike filled with a vision of boundless wealth. There was not a person of note among the aristocracy, with the exception of the Duke of St. Simon and Marshal Villars, who was not engaged in buying or selling stock. People of every age and sex and condition in life speculated in the rise and fall of the Mississippi bonds. The Rue de Quincampoix was the grand resort of the jobbers, and it being a narrow, inconvenient street, accidents continually occurred in it, from the tremendous pressure of the crowd. Houses in it, worth, in ordinary times, a thousand livres of yearly rent, yielded as much as twelve or sixteen thousand. A cobbler, who had a stall in it, gained about two hundred livres a day by letting it out, and furnishing writing materials to brokers and their clients. The story goes, that a hunchbacked man who stood in the street gained considerable sums by lending his hump as a writing-desk to the eager speculators! The great concourse of persons who assembled to do business brought a still greater concourse of spectators. These again drew all the thieves and immoral characters of Paris to the spot, and constant riots and disturbances took place. At nightfall, it was often found necessary to send a troop of soldiers to clear the street."

(Most of) you aren't stupid, you're just ignorant.  There are a hell of a lot of "smart" people who aren't, they're just knowledgeable.  This is just some of what I've bothered to keep over the years.  I've also got the silo out back.

Read The Damn Book!!!

will do. any idea to stop this madness scam coins?

benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:17:44 PM

In my opinion there is relatively easy way and I commented it in other thread. That way is called "Altcoin police" (or name it as you wish). This can be group of respected and long time members of the forum which will act like CryptoAsian's PoD (who proved that is not always working). They can also review the code for malware and only then you can announce launching of new coin (otherwise thread will be deleted by mods). There is also a way for them to be rewarded. The dev/s of the coin can paid them in BTC (let's say 1 BTC for 10 people from the "police") from their "pocket" or gathered with small ICO.

Altcoin police, very good idea. This suggestion is best for now.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

http://www.coinspeaker.com/2014/11/06/cryptocurrency-fraud-part-1-identifying-ways-in-which-fraudsters-operate/

PoW+

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
silvapaso85

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:25:26 PM

In my opinion it's rather impossible.

It's free market and decentralised world with its beautiful advantages and unfortuantely disadvantages like scam coins.
Just be carefull and don't trust anybody.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

It's free market and decentralised world with its beautiful advantages and unfortuantely disadvantages like scam coins.
I don't think it has anything to do with free market (expensive scamming and free market are different... or then bring us the mean to react against them) and even less with decentralized. Because those scam are pretty much centralized around a few individuals which should be removed from the scene (I like the idea at some point that they will end up with the feet in a block of concrete because the wrong people will have lost money... but I am pretty sure they aren't stupid enough to launder their money in those scams  Grin).
You want to solve the problem start the witch hunt...
* no more noob account/restrict noob account posting
* no involvement in previous scammy operation (seriously wtf is that bytecent coin runs by Iconic Expert... they don't even hide themselves)
* no more 3 coins a day (because it is even impossible to screen all that)

* check pattern in older account you always find promoting IPO scam and lower their trust (at least), because they are always there.
* Stop following p&d, because you know how this will end up
* educate the masses... I am still amazed by all the morons falling in those easy trap whose the previous day were telling you to stfu...

Once these rules are followed, some cleaning can be done, but until then it is impossible.

edit: on funny thing is that all the IPO scams started when a few people started to look into coins code and found hidden premine.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:34:20 PM

in free market if you committed fraud and scam then it's jail time but i guessed crypto and decentralised world is different. we hope to find a solution or at least to limiting this scam so not many newbies would lost so much into this bait.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

This is how we should go about it Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865270.0
PolkaDot

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:30:11 PM

+1 FYC is at least a step in the right direction...The best method to preventing scamcoins tho is simple if they make it impossible for a coin dev to make any profit off their coin within the first 2 years of its inception..Premined, IPO/ICO should all be taboo phrases remember the BTC dev and community didnt need money to start BTC..It's getting rather crazy and eventually all these scam coins like superior coin will be the death of crypto..And lastly people need to understand stuff like TOR,i2p and "darknet" are all useless gimmick's. A wallet that uses TOR or i2p is just redundant people will go thru the trouble of configuring and syncing a wallet with TOR then open google chrome with no protection what so ever effectively bypassing all the security TOR added to their wallet.
benthach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 02:32:46 AM

+1 FYC is at least a step in the right direction...The best method to preventing scamcoins tho is simple if they make it impossible for a coin dev to make any profit off their coin within the first 2 years of its inception..Premined, IPO/ICO should all be taboo phrases remember the BTC dev and community didnt need money to start BTC..It's getting rather crazy and eventually all these scam coins like superior coin will be the death of crypto..And lastly people need to understand stuff like TOR,i2p and "darknet" are all useless gimmick's. A wallet that uses TOR or i2p is just redundant people will go thru the trouble of configuring and syncing a wallet with TOR then open google chrome with no protection what so ever effectively bypassing all the security TOR added to their wallet.

i'm a little confused here, isn't this findyou coin is a scam itself? we're trying to prevent this kind of scam happen and you just fall into it.

PolkaDot

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:36:00 AM

i'm a little confused here, isn't this findyou coin is a scam itself? we're trying to prevent this kind of scam happen and you just fall into it.

I dont see FindYouCoin as a scam seeings how the developer isnt looking for instant monetary gains like most dev's now with ICO/IPO's and premining.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: