Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economics of greed  (Read 5751 times)
GhostGum

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:31:06 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 02:08:33 PM by GhostGum

You have caught the great society delusion.

I think i know what you are getting at;

the benefit to society in my eyes, is actualy a benefit to me, and the people i care about, (my society). But it will be a detriment to others i dont identify with as closely , i'm hapy to take that off them on put it where  i see it as more important.

We all have our own oppinion of what is moraly acceptable, and i am consider the subjugation (think thats the word i'm after) of anyone just fucking dispicable. If can help the subjugated reclaim some freedom i will help, I know it can improve  the level of life and happiness massively, reclaiming our civil liberties it's a benefit to my society (we the subjugated masses).

You might that the societal structure that exsits is structured so that anyone who is part of it is subjugating those who the societ structure says is "under" them.

I am part of it,
You are part of it.
We are part of it.

Well running away to namecoin code doesnt work forver, i'll  help  where i can anyway; I would end apathy if if i could be bothered ;. 

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 12:14:32 AM

"Yes, some people think these tibetan popes reek of wisdom and insight, but I want to look at the end results. Sure, a few western intellectuals might feel good about themselves for meditating and feeling sorry for the poor, whilst we see the nation they ruled over for centuries still left in poverty and corruption.
Where is his actions for the free market? Where does he speak about taxation? Against the United Nations? Against statism?"

Jungian, do you know how far off you are? The 14 D.L. lives in exile as a guest in India. China rules Tibet. WT_ are you even talking about?

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:21:28 AM

Jungian, do you know how far off you are? The 14 D.L. lives in exile as a guest in India. China rules Tibet. WT_ are you even talking about?

14th is the keyword here. He is just the latest in a long line of little popes. Why would he be any better than his line of predecessors?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:13:55 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 09:24:25 AM by _Miracle

"Yes, some people think these tibetan popes reek of wisdom and insight, but I want to look at the end results. Sure, a few western intellectuals might feel good about themselves for meditating and feeling sorry for the poor, whilst we see the nation they ruled over for centuries still left in poverty and corruption.
Where is his actions for the free market? Where does he speak about taxation? Against the United Nations? Against statism?"

14th is the keyword here. He is just the latest in a long line of little popes. Why would he be any better than his line of predecessors?

We must have achieved cross communication between parallel universes? Take 5 minuets to google the guy before smack talking him. BTW the "theory" or belief is that he is his predecessors.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:23:03 AM

We must have achieved cross communication from parallel universes? Take 5 minuets to google the guy before smack talking him. BTW the "theory" or belief is that he is his predecessors.

Yes, that is a silly theory that goes to show the dumb that belief is.

Please show me to the googlesearch that contradicts anything I said. Where does he speak out against his predecessors violence and tyranny over their country? Where does he speak out against taxation and the violence of the state?

_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:30:19 AM

No Jungian, I think we're good.

Xav

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:51 AM

"There is enough for everybody’s need, but not enough for anybody’s greed.”

Why would anyone deny what mother nature gave to us; compassion and fairness? One day a scientific analysis will prove that the "Greed is good" doctrine produces nothing more than insatiable hunger, only.
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:07:11 AM

Why would anyone deny what mother nature gave to us; compassion and fairness? One day a scientific analysis will prove that the "Greed is good" doctrine produces nothing more than insatiable hunger, only.

Now we are getting somewhere. You understand that compassion and fairness is inate in our species, yet you don't see the goodness and fairness in behaviour that is denounced as "greedy" (which is just another world for economic self-interrest).
Who denies the compassion and fairness expect those who want a welfare state and control? They DENY that we can have fairness and compassion while being free, while in fact it's the freedom that allows humans to feel this way.

This greed is what created the surplus in the first place. Only when a problem is getting closed to being  solved by the freemarket the statist come to talk about the moral implications of it and ask for intervention to feed their own sense of being do-gooders. But in reality the create nothing but poverty, but that is of course mostly what they want. Can't have any more of them evil rich people.

Oh, you mean that insatbile hunger that created the very computer you sit by to type this? The hunger that made sure we had medicine and comfort enugh to live beyond the teenages.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:17:46 PM

Oh, you mean that insatbile hunger that created the very computer you sit by to type this? The hunger that made sure we had medicine and comfort enugh to live beyond the teenages.
Error here: Keep in mind that most of the increases in "lifespan" are due to kids not dying before age 16 or so. Even in Roman times if you made it to 20 you were pretty much set to live into your 60's.

Nowadays, life after 70 isn't all that great. So you can live into your 80's, but how much additional fun really is there?

C
thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:44:48 PM

Now we are getting somewhere. You understand that compassion and fairness is inate in our species, yet you don't see the goodness and fairness in behaviour that is denounced as "greedy" (which is just another world for economic self-interrest).
Who denies the compassion and fairness expect those who want a welfare state and control? They DENY that we can have fairness and compassion while being free, while in fact it's the freedom that allows humans to feel this way.

This greed is what created the surplus in the first place. Only when a problem is getting closed to being  solved by the freemarket the statist come to talk about the moral implications of it and ask for intervention to feed their own sense of being do-gooders. But in reality the create nothing but poverty, but that is of course mostly what they want. Can't have any more of them evil rich people.

compassion and fairness have been outsourced to the State, for the sole purpose to free the individuals of this moral obligation, and to act greedy not only without guilt but also as a way to soul salvation.
Capitalism would not be/(is?) possible without a Welfare state
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

Error here: Keep in mind that most of the increases in "lifespan" are due to kids not dying before age 16 or so. Even in Roman times if you made it to 20 you were pretty much set to live into your 60's.

Nowadays, life after 70 isn't all that great. So you can live into your 80's, but how much additional fun really is there?

C

That is exactly what I said.

Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:59:27 PM

compassion and fairness have been outsourced to the State, for the sole purpose to free the individuals of this moral obligation, and to act greedy not only without guilt but also as a way to soul salvation.

It has not been oursourced, as outsourcing requires the act to be volountary. The state is not volountary

On the contrary, capitalism is not possible with the walfare state, as the welfare state can't stand the burden of it's own weight and requires state control of the money to slow the inevitable collaspe. We are not in the last days of the longest experiment of the welfare state ever, with both  record debts and inflation aswell as rampant poverty and unemployment.

thaaanos

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

It has not been oursourced, as outsourcing requires the act to be volountary. The state is not volountary

On the contrary, capitalism is not possible with the walfare state, as the welfare state can't stand the burden of it's own weight and requires state control of the money to slow the inevitable collaspe. We are not in the last days of the longest experiment of the welfare state ever, with both  record debts and inflation aswell as rampant poverty and unemployment.

Financial burdens are nothing like social and moral burdens. You really need a trip down the history lane on how capitalism came to be.
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

Financial burdens are nothing like social and moral burdens. You really need a trip down the history lane on how capitalism came to be.

Either adress what I say, or don't, but don't sit there and assume EVERYONE who read the history of capitalism would come to the same conlusion as you. That just makes you look silly.

Xav

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:57:40 PM

In a free world one is allowed to spread the doctrine of "Greed is good" and it is the right of others to pose against this. Nobody argued about regulation or opposed the free market. We all understand that Bitcoin won't abide if the number of participants does not increase; iow greed will bite its own tail at the far end.

The other side of a coin?
thaaanos

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:35:32 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 11:25:49 AM by thaaanos

Either adress what I say, or don't, but don't sit there and assume EVERYONE who read the history of capitalism would come to the same conlusion as you. That just makes you look silly.

Welfare state has not always been you know. It came to be by Protestant thinking, tending to the poor was the community's ( the forerunner of the state) obligation for them. So since the community handled all the wrong things, it freed the the individual from such moral burdens. Protestant thinking also assumed that those that were rich were favoured by God, so by exchanging/confusing a couse and effect getting rich is a way to get Gods favour/Salvation. The above combination justified in christian terms the creed that "Greed is Good/Gods Will", and this is how Capitalism came to be.
So  Welfare state balances individual Greed so that it can not create moral burdens on a christian soul.

Now if you discard the importance of the moral code christian religion has etched into the western world, and instead accept greed as a prime motive you are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

The above also explains why Catholics, and Orthodox christian population have a problem to "internalize" Capitalism and Individualism, they are incompatible with their dogma. example Russian, Greek, Italian, Spain, Ireland etc. It is no wonder why those countries cannot play this game nor why for example Russia gave rise to Communism.

Back on track another example of welfare state helping Capitalism is Public education.
The idea behind public education came by Capitalists wanting more technically proficient staff, and also a children pen to keep the workforce undistracted by the whereabouts of their children. Yes because people hold the welfare of their children more important than Greed.

Having said all that, I do not exclude deviant speciments in any tradition that depart from moral codes and internalize whatever laws they feel more apt to.

EDIT: Greed as a motivation? guess again: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:54:40 AM

progressive tax + greed is necessary to get the most from progressive taxes to begin with.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see early adopters working to get an exchange that is everything that Gox was not...  I think that is one of the main things that is and has been hurting Bitcoin and now is the time for this to be addressed IMO.  Not calling anybody greedy but maybe they have forgotten or are out of touch with what really matters when it comes to the mass adoption of BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: