Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paranoid ramblings about the Bitcoinica theft  (Read 4413 times)
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:51:44 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2012, 12:35:17 AM by psy

So now he suddenly doesn't exist. Gimme some of what you are smoking, Gage, cause I would like to imagine that quite a few people no longer exist, especially Mr. President and all his cronies.

Okay, rjk! Quick beating around the bush. Tell me exactly why you currently have the red-ass for me. No need to hold anything back, for this 52-year-old-fart will be able to handle it. I promise not to attack your answer, but simply accept it, then move on.

Thanks, bud.

~Bruno~

I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

That sentence is a dejá vu...
I'll refrain from posting where I saw it because it was sent to me in a private message, but it came from the mouth of the same person when I brought the ageis matter into the Bitcoinica thread.
Not trying to be a dick, but, please, rjk, mind telling us why is it that when someone brings something new to the table they're always "barking up the wrong tree"? What do you know that we don't?

Sorry about making a new topic, but there is really no need to clutter the Bitcoinica thread more than it is when people are waiting for a payout that never comes. (Yes I know I did it before and that's why I'll post my findings in the reply below)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2012, 12:54:35 AM by psy

Now for some context:
You can see in this IRC log that BitcoinicaHacker used the usernames B1tcoinz and ageis on IRC http://ibot.rikers.org/20120521.html.gz

Looking for ageis on IRC logs I found some on #postfix IRC channel, which isn't much surprising, given that the dude used an exploited mailserver to pawn Bitcoinica and he's asking questions about, get ready, SASL and authentication stuff.
http://echelog.com/logs/browse/postfix/1321657200
http://echelog.com/logs/browse/postfix/1321743600

Also found an ageis on the IRC Bitcoin dev channel:
http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2012/04/09/1
http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2012/04/14/1
And the following that I found on #bitcoin-dev tells me that he's the same ageis on the #postfix
03:08    ageis kevin@ageispolis.net

psy, I don't think ageis is the guy you are looking for. Just sayin'.

Then I guess he will have no problem explaining to us what does this mean
Code:
08:09.44	*** ageis materializes into BitcoinicaHacker
08:09.46 *** BitcoinicaHacker materializes into ageis
08:15.44 *** ageis materializes into B1tcoinz
08:15.51 *** B1tcoinz materializes into ageis
http://ibot.rikers.org/20120521.html.gz

Also:

Last post from him here in the forum: on: April 18, 2012, 12:06:25 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76239.msg855980#msg855980

Now for the final touch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44466
Name:    ageisp0lis
Position:    Jr. Member
Date Registered:    October 22, 2011, 02:03:34 AM
Last Active:    May 21, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

The same day of that IRC log, 30min after the username mess he made on IRC. How convenient lol

And then the pearl:
(04-06-2012 02:12:24) phantomcircuit:
i hear kronos lost a significant number of btc
(04-06-2012 02:12:51) Sh00tF1rst:
so did you. possibly to a guy that is in this chatroom
(04-06-2012 02:13:34) phantomcircuit:
Sh00tF1rst, yes and we're trying to fix it
(04-06-2012 02:13:47) phantomcircuit:
it's not something that will be repeated
(04-06-2012 02:14:28) Sh00tF1rst:
any comments on this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85102.msg938877#msg938877 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.msg939010#msg939010 ?
(04-06-2012 02:15:34) phantomcircuit:
Sh00tF1rst, im pretty sure ageis just thought it was funny
(04-06-2012 02:16:04) Sh00tF1rst:
how was that so? those logs aren't from any bitcoin related channel...
(04-06-2012 02:16:21) phantomcircuit:
he was probably in #fuckBitcoinica
(04-06-2012 02:16:28) phantomcircuit:
changed his name there thinking it was funny
(04-06-2012 02:16:38) phantomcircuit:
brb
Liberty Payout

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 12:06:27 AM

The trolls have turned on one another.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 12:13:19 AM

Good idea to finally have a thread that is outside of the main thread for discussions.

The reason I said that is because it seems obvious to me that Gage is/was posting all sorts of things that I found to be completely impossible to believe and/or correlate with real life. He claims to have pierced some kind of secret veil and found that Zhoutong ....wait for it.... doesn't even exist. I'm sure that any of the people here that may have met him in person can attest to the absurdity of this kind of conclusion. I find no reason to pursue such a ludicrous and contrived parcel of things presented as evidence which are nothing more than proof of the opposite position.

Furthermore, in regards to the statements you made against ageis, I won't stick up for him personally. I just find that him being the hacker is hard to believe, given the fact that so much of his information is available already for those that care to actually look deeper into his online persona, which you appear to have neglected to do.

Finally, I will state that my involvement with Bitcoinica et al is nothing more than as a customer who deposited no more than a superficial amount of coins to try the service with. Those were withdrawn months ago and I now have a zero balance.

(P.S., Interesting that Liberty Payout also seems to think that I am involved with CoinXchanger and owe WME some money. I also hereby state that I have no involvement with that organization either, besides as a customer with a zero balance.)

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 12:30:05 AM

(P.S., Interesting that Liberty Payout also seems to think that I am involved with CoinXchanger and owe WME some money. I also hereby state that I have no involvement with that organization either, besides as a customer with a zero balance.)

Going off-topic for a bit, so that's the reason he keeps saying for you to give the "guy" his 100K back... LOL

Now back on topic: About ageis, I did research him, and so did I research more than that, I just didn't post it, because honestly, it wasn't my 18k BTC that were stolen.
What bugged me most was seeing phantomcircuit's(Patrick) answer on IRC when he got questioned about it: he just wrote it off like it didn't matter at all, saying ageis was surely trolling #FuckBitcoinica, when the site where the log was taken from doesn't even log any Bitcoin related IRC channel.
Now let me ask you: Isn't that the slightest bit suspicious to you? If someone stole 18K BTC from you wouldn't you follow even the most absurd lead just to be sure that wasn't the person?

I understand Phinn may be a little over the top saying that ZT doesn't exist, or else that would be the longuest con I would have seen so far. But hell, I've seen guys pretend they died from cancer just to steal $20k on some forums before, so to steal $100k I imagine what some people might do, and from all the scams I've seen so far, the scammer gets caught most of time because they commited some stupid mistake, hence why I'm not so fast to write off ageis as a suspect.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. People make mistakes, and just because he could steal 18k BTC from bitcoinica, he isn't God, he's just a regular person at the end of the day.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:03:29 AM

What bugged me most was seeing phantomcircuit's(Patrick) answer on IRC when he got questioned about it: he just wrote it off like it didn't matter at all, saying ageis was surely trolling #FuckBitcoinica, when the site where the log was taken from doesn't even log any Bitcoin related IRC channel.
Now let me ask you: Isn't that the slightest bit suspicious to you? If someone stole 18K BTC from you wouldn't you follow even the most absurd lead just to be sure that wasn't the person?

IRC clients can change nicks and post statuses as well as messages across several channels and servers. Although most will default to only changing a nick on a single server, it is also possible to change it across some or all of them, as well as broadcast messages to all the channels that you may be joined to, regardless of whether they are all on the same server. It's harder to tell unless someone wants to post a complete log of #FuckBitcoinica, since it was new and unlogged.

I understand Phinn may be a little over the top saying that ZT doesn't exist,

The problem is, most noobs won't know that Phin is just trolling for the lulz, since he acts so serious.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:08:42 AM

I understand Phinn may be a little over the top saying that ZT doesn't exist,

The problem is, most noobs won't know that Phin is just trolling for the lulz, since he acts so serious.

I wouldn't be so sure Phinn is just trolling for the lulz...

OK, #fuckBitcoinica was started on May 20.
Now tell me, why would someone on his right mind try to impersonate the hacker there? Any good reason you can think off? Especially because nobody else did it but ageis.

BTW, ageis is welcome to join this conversation.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:22:25 AM

Also, can you please tell me, if you can have access to that information when was #fuckBitcoinica started for the first time?
It isn't registered:
Code:
/cs info #fuckbitcoinica
[21:11] -ChanServ- Channel #fuckbitcoinica is not registered.
And I haven't been on IRC for a while to know when it first was opened or how to check that.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 07:44:46 AM

Good idea to finally have a thread that is outside of the main thread for discussions.

The reason I said that is because it seems obvious to me that Gage is/was posting all sorts of things that I found to be completely impossible to believe and/or correlate with real life. He claims to have pierced some kind of secret veil and found that Zhoutong ....wait for it.... doesn't even exist. I'm sure that any of the people here that may have met him in person can attest to the absurdity of this kind of conclusion. I find no reason to pursue such a ludicrous and contrived parcel of things presented as evidence which are nothing more than proof of the opposite position.

Furthermore, in regards to the statements you made against ageis, I won't stick up for him personally. I just find that him being the hacker is hard to believe, given the fact that so much of his information is available already for those that care to actually look deeper into his online persona, which you appear to have neglected to do.

Finally, I will state that my involvement with Bitcoinica et al is nothing more than as a customer who deposited no more than a superficial amount of coins to try the service with. Those were withdrawn months ago and I now have a zero balance.

I truly respect your candor here, rjk, and have no qualms with you or what you believe about me with the exception of the following.

I have posted many times for the lulz, but when I do, I've been signing said posts with ~Cackling Bear~ lately. (the moniker was given to me by Matthew in my old Indian Names thread) All other times when my postings are serious, or simply mundane, I sign with ~Bruno~ or nothing at all. I always try to be careful with my troll(?) posts, making sure I don't bring any undue harm to Bitcoin or, moreover, to whom my post(s) may be directed toward.

Unfortunately, when it comes to this Bitcoinica situation, I am deathly serious in my postings, albeit my line of thinking may seem over the top, especially now that I've been concentrating a lot of energy toward ZT (I think it best to use initials as mush as possible when referring to him, just in case, in re. what genjix has so kindly pointed out in the other thread ~ please consider doing the same as much as possible, all)

I will be the first to apology to ZT if I'm proven wrong, either by this community or from my research. I would love to stop this so-called madness if somebody here would be so kind as to post, or PM me, a recent image/video of ZT (or him doing it himself holding a sign that reads Fuck Off Bruno) with a backdrop and/or Bitcoin holding/having some Bitcoin related prop in the image/video, so that I can end this and get back to nagging Matthew, for I feel he misses me.  Cry

Until then, I'm still leaning toward the long-con and the he-doesn't-exist theory.

Thank you again, rjk, for expressing how you feel about me.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 10:01:15 AM

Does one exist, just because you can call him names?
If he existed, does it matter what names he is called?

Is this becoming a new religion?

... I believe in He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named for he was the one ... and so on and so forth ...
So may be it in HIS name and on the behalf of his dozen of dirty sock puppets.  Grin

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 12:59:00 PM

So, now, the guy who has the most connections with ageis is the first to get paid?

On the other hand, rg (rapeghost) told me on IRC he'd received his money back from bitcoinica.

So, what's really going on?

The plot thickens.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 01:07:03 PM

So, now, the guy who has the most connections with ageis is the first to get paid?

On the other hand, rg (rapeghost) told me on IRC he'd received his money back from bitcoinica.

So, what's really going on?

The plot thickens.

Interesting....or he could be trolling  Smiley

zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

I truly respect your candor here, rjk, and have no qualms with you or what you believe about me with the exception of the following.

I have posted many times for the lulz, but when I do, I've been signing said posts with ~Cackling Bear~ lately. (the moniker was given to me by Matthew in my old Indian Names thread) All other times when my postings are serious, or simply mundane, I sign with ~Bruno~ or nothing at all. I always try to be careful with my troll(?) posts, making sure I don't bring any undue harm to Bitcoin or, moreover, to whom my post(s) may be directed toward.

Unfortunately, when it comes to this Bitcoinica situation, I am deathly serious in my postings, albeit my line of thinking may seem over the top, especially now that I've been concentrating a lot of energy toward ZT (I think it best to use initials as mush as possible when referring to him, just in case, in re. what genjix has so kindly pointed out in the other thread ~ please consider doing the same as much as possible, all)

I will be the first to apology to ZT if I'm proven wrong, either by this community or from my research. I would love to stop this so-called madness if somebody here would be so kind as to post, or PM me, a recent image/video of ZT (or him doing it himself holding a sign that reads Fuck Off Bruno) with a backdrop and/or Bitcoin holding/having some Bitcoin related prop in the image/video, so that I can end this and get back to nagging Matthew, for I feel he misses me.  Cry

Until then, I'm still leaning toward the long-con and the he-doesn't-exist theory.

Thank you again, rjk, for expressing how you feel about me.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~

See how big a mistake you've made!

(Card number redacted with iPhone's "retouch". Also, a shameless promotion for NameTerrific on the card at the top of the stack.)

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 02:53:22 PM

Well Played Zhou Toung
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:06:00 PM

Zhou FTW!
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:12:24 PM

#2 - After the supposed break in (yes I'm convinced that they weren't really broken into), they did not bother notifying authorities.
There was actually a break in.  There is little point in notifying anybody.
#3 - They originally claimed that the hot wallet had very few funds in it as a percentage portion of assets and yet there have been "company" reps saying the supposed silent investor has had to chip in because this rendered them insolvent?  Too many conflicting claims about their status.
As the original post said there was 18k BTC in the hot wallet.
#4 - A few days after the break in, the supposed hacker appeared in IRC and was tossing the stolen bitcoins left and right.
So what? He was using compromised servers as proxies.

So, tell me guys, which one of you would be stupid to the point of getting $100k stolen and not report it to any authorities?
Let's even forget the part that it was Bitcoin and all the legal mumbo-jumbo: Compromising computer systems over which you have no ownership is a crime in almost all of the civilized world. Why not file a report just for unauthorized access to a computer system?
Also, how does Patrick know he was using "compromised servers as proxies"? Did he investigate, talked with the owners of those compromised servers? What?

This story stinks... just sayin'

One question is bugging me for the last days: Where was that VPS hosted? The VPS which gengix said lot's of people on IRC had access to and was the entry point for Patrick's email, you know...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 04:20:59 PM

Stay tuned! Another post being penned.

~Bruno~
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:27:45 PM

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Funny thing really :

-two of the pics he is wearing glasses, two of the pics he ain't

-seemingly loves white color clothes

-first two pictures he is using white shirt

-last two pictures he is same rabbit shirt with blue under the collar

Paranoid FTW !
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 04:36:21 PM

Please accept my humble apologies, Zhou Tong, in regard to accusing you that you don't exist. I posted the four images above in case others believe that they are not all of you, but I rest my case.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: