Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MINING SETUP ASSISTANCE  (Read 1402 times)
wealthy$ (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

I am using window 8 64 bits and my hard ware is HD 7950 but my guiminer scrypt fails to run and i do not understand any other miner apart from guiminer, please assist me.
I need either scrypt guiminer that can work on my system or how to configure any other miner.
Thank you all in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:31:15 PM

I am using window 8 64 bits and my hard ware is HD 7950 but my guiminer scrypt fails to run and i do not understand any other miner apart from guiminer, please assist me.
I need either scrypt guiminer that can work on my system or how to configure any other miner.

Hi,

I don't think its prudent to use a graphics card to mine anymore. Unless you are mining an X11 algo coin. I don't really see any profitable X11 coins either. I had a lot of faith in DRK but looks like it keeps tanking when there is good news, no less!!

To summarize, you may spend a lot more on mining than what you would eventually make of it! Not worth it imo, but if you still want to then don't use GUI miner, use cgminer... may not look all that pretty but is functional and works. All you need to do is download the software install it and create a batch file or conf file with one line. Browse this forum or google "mining in cgminer" and you will find instructions on how to do this. Most mining pools also contain instructions for various mining conf files. Good luck!

Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:15:42 AM

The 7950 is a great card, have one myself.  I don't understand how someone can say it's not worth mining with when all the big farms use them!!  So you are just one user instead of a big farm, whatever.

What you will need to do though is learn how to use all the other algorithms.  Forget scrypt, forget x11, but DO look for x13, x15, nist5, and all the others.  Take a look at the coins being mined on Suprnova right now and you will see lots of alternative algos.

http://www.suprnova.cc/

You are going to have to learn to use a new miner.  It is an all-in-one in that it will do all the algos, but you WILL have to learn how to use it.  It will take some reading, some time, and asking questions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0

Come to think of it, the easiest place to get started would be NiceHash.  They have the latest software versions updated frequently. 

https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

Download sgminer, and follow the "getting started" links there.  That's all I can do for you now but feel free to message me once you've done what you can there, ok?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: