Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 x BFL BitForce Singles for Sale + a Samsung Galaxy S2  (Read 2886 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:40:47 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2012, 05:48:39 AM by RoloTonyBrownTown

Hi all Smiley

The time has come, unfortunately, for me to pull back a little from Bitcoin and sell my two babies.   I'm soon to be building a house, and aside from needing the cash I probably won't be able to run these during the build process anyway, so they'd just be going to waste.

They're both in great condition and run perfectly at stock (~830MH).   I've tried the faster firmware and everything seemed fine there as well, but I went back to stock in the interest of power saving (I pay far too much for power here, another reason to stop mining I guess).

I have two for sale, and both come with everything originally in the box.  I live in Australia, but will post anywhere in the world (included in the price) via DHL (which, from previous experience, tends to take around 3 to 4 days to the US and Europe).   Tracking numbers will be provided of course.

Looking for 170BTC each (yes, it's a premium, but you avoid the waiting list and will also have the chance to trade up to the new ASIC's when that happens).

Escrow is fine, and any questions just shoot Smiley

EDIT:  I was on pretty good terms with Sonny before I bought these, and he was kind enough to add some extra heatsinks to the first unit I bought as he knew it got pretty hot over here in Summer (it's Winter now so it doesn't really matter), but regardless that unit runs very cool.   If the first buyer doesn't take both, they obviously have the option of choosing that unit specifically if they like).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/265/20120610164332.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Tony

Edit:   I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 for sale Smiley

Samsung Galaxy S II -16GB - Unlocked

Comes with original box, never used corded handsfree headsets and power adapter (basically everything that came with it originally).

This phone was bought unlocked, and remains that way Smiley Only selling due to upgrade, the phone works perfectly. Has been upgraded to ICS (4.0.3).

1 or 2 minor scuffs on the border, but you have to look very carefully to see it. I treat my equipment very carefully, and the phone was in a case the majority of its life.

Again, happy to ship anywhere in the world (included in the price).

http://db.tt/sAGHTSMu

Moved the phone to the Goods section, probably a better spot for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ummas

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:48:38 AM

PM`d
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:49:52 AM

Where is 'over here' where you are shipping from?

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:54:16 AM

Thanks Fordy, my bad.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:56:50 AM

We ALL want singles...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:59:28 AM

Singles are delicious Smiley

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:04:22 AM

You wouldn't happen to be in WA would you?

Hi mate,

I'm in VIC  Smiley

Now, I'm getting a few PM's here so I should probably start thinking about Escrow.    I haven't really had a need to use Escrow on here before now, so can anyone recommend a good service?    

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:13:23 AM

Kluge does it for free, I'd be willing to do it as well.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:16:24 AM

Kluge does it for free, I'd be willing to do it as well.

Ah great, thanks Smiley  I'll hit up Kluge (but I'll get back to you if there's an issue or whatever) Wink

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:17:35 AM

Also, I just saw this: http://thrucoin.com/create

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:21:27 AM

I saw that, but there's no real details around what happens if there's a dispute (I don't expect there to be, certainly not from anything at my end, but you never know).

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:31:17 AM

I saw that, but there's no real details around what happens if there's a dispute (I don't expect there to be, certainly not from anything at my end, but you never know).

Yeah, that hasn't been used yet from what I know, so it's probably best to go through a person.

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 08:31:05 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2012, 10:35:23 AM by RoloTonyBrownTown

Graet from Ozcoin Pool does it.

Ah I missed this.  I'll happily trust Graet.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 08:41:02 AM

Escrow wouldn't be required if the buyer trusts you and pays first. Do you have only buyers who demand escrow?

If the buyer you choose is in the USA and will only accept escrow, I can offer escrow. You have to consider if you want OZ-based escrow to do the international shipping or if you want to ship to destination-country escrow yourself.

Consider these escrow conditions, these would be mine:

1. Bitcoins come first; you won't be sending a package until I confirm payment is secure. The payment address wallet/keys will be backed up the wazoo, with a paper copy of the address keys and transaction info for my next of kin to discover.

2. US->US shipping cost comes out of the Bitcoins, I'll calculate for you pessimistically @ today's MtGox if I know the box weight, dimensions, and destination ZIP.

3. The singles (or any other item) must be shipped to me with signature service so you can prove to yourself I got them (this based on my experience of eBaying hundreds of items, this is to prevent shipping services leaving stealable packages at the door instead of hand-delivering to a person, or marking them "delivered" when nothing was delivered, it was delivered to the wrong address, or it was stolen by the delivery driver). The items must be double-boxed, over-packaged, and well padded, so it arrives safely and so I don't have to re-box it to meet insurance requirements.

4. If the package is lost or damaged getting to me, you must have insured the parcel yourself and claim the loss yourself. I will refund the Bitcoins if I do not receive the package or if the package contents are not as described or damaged (after waiting around a month to ensure the package was not misplaced or delayed in shipping).

5. I will re-ship FedEx insured with adult signature confirmation to a physical address only. No post-office box services either (I will Google, seller should check address also).

6. Carrier signature-proof-of-delivery will be proof I completed escrow service. When it is delivered with signature, the transaction will be final and I will send Bitcoins. There will be no claims the package wasn't received if it was delivered and signed for.

7. If the package is lost getting from me to the buyer, I will pay out the Bitcoins to the seller after a similar waiting period to be sure it's lost for good and that the shipper acknowledges the loss and insurance will cover it. I will compensate TO THE BUYER only what I am able to get from insurance (all shipping companies have insurance adjusters that are dicks and routinely deny claims you have to then appeal, will only pay "replacement cost" regardless how much insurance you buy, etc).

8. If the package is damaged getting from me to the buyer, I will compensate TO THE BUYER what insurance pays out (see above) as a replacement or repair settlement. Buyer must cooperate with insurance adjuster's package inspections and/or pick-up of damaged packaging and any or all shipped merchandise, etc.

9. Free, but tips encouraged, given all the above work escrow dude does. No warranties, no lawsuits.

I think I've thought out every escrow scenario here. Anyone considering doing escrow services should examine the above too, so a buyer and seller know the score when it all goes wrong. 6, 7, and 8 seem like the best terms for fairness and to protect seller and escrow agent against unscrupulous buyer claims.
ummas

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 08:47:29 AM

What about escrow AU -> EU ??
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 08:58:52 AM

Looking for 170BTC each (yes, it's a premium, but you avoid the waiting list and will also have the chance to trade up to the new ASIC's when that happens).

Disregarding power consumption, and assuming the diff stays constant, and even without the block reward split, these would take 10! months to pay themselves off  Embarrassed

But yes, we all want singles.
RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 10:46:52 AM

Escrow wouldn't be required if the buyer trusts you and pays first. Do you have only buyers who demand escrow?

I'd certainly prefer the buyer just trusts me and sends the BTC first, as I know myself pretty well and know I'm a trustworthy guy.  The buyer, on the other hand, doesn't know me from squat, I'm just a dude on the internet, so I can't be too upset if they'd rather choose Escrow.  I'd do the same Smiley     (not referring to anyone in particular.  There's a few people interested, but no firm commitment yet).

If the buyer you choose is in the USA and will only accept escrow, I can offer escrow. You have to consider if you want OZ-based escrow to do the international shipping or if you want to ship to destination-country escrow yourself.

Consider these escrow conditions, these would be mine:

1. Bitcoins come first; you won't be sending a package until I confirm payment is secure. The payment address wallet/keys will be backed up the wazoo, with a paper copy of the address keys and transaction info for my next of kin to discover.

2. US->US shipping cost comes out of the Bitcoins, I'll calculate for you pessimistically @ today's MtGox if I know the box weight, dimensions, and destination ZIP.

3. The singles (or any other item) must be shipped to me with signature service so you can prove to yourself I got them (this based on my experience of eBaying hundreds of items, this is to prevent shipping services leaving stealable packages at the door instead of hand-delivering to a person, or marking them "delivered" when nothing was delivered, it was delivered to the wrong address, or it was stolen by the delivery driver). The items must be double-boxed, over-packaged, and well padded, so it arrives safely and so I don't have to re-box it to meet insurance requirements.

4. If the package is lost or damaged getting to me, you must have insured the parcel yourself and claim the loss yourself. I will refund the Bitcoins if I do not receive the package or if the package contents are not as described or damaged (after waiting around a month to ensure the package was not misplaced or delayed in shipping).

5. I will re-ship FedEx insured with adult signature confirmation to a physical address only. No post-office box services either (I will Google, seller should check address also).

6. Carrier signature-proof-of-delivery will be proof I completed escrow service. When it is delivered with signature, the transaction will be final and I will send Bitcoins. There will be no claims the package wasn't received if it was delivered and signed for.

7. If the package is lost getting from me to the buyer, I will pay out the Bitcoins to the seller after a similar waiting period to be sure it's lost for good and that the shipper acknowledges the loss and insurance will cover it. I will compensate TO THE BUYER only what I am able to get from insurance (all shipping companies have insurance adjusters that are dicks and routinely deny claims you have to then appeal, will only pay "replacement cost" regardless how much insurance you buy, etc).

8. If the package is damaged getting from me to the buyer, I will compensate TO THE BUYER what insurance pays out (see above) as a replacement or repair settlement. Buyer must cooperate with insurance adjuster's package inspections and/or pick-up of damaged packaging and any or all shipped merchandise, etc.

9. Free, but tips encouraged, given all the above work escrow dude does. No warranties, no lawsuits.

I think I've thought out every escrow scenario here. Anyone considering doing escrow services should examine the above too, so a buyer and seller know the score when it all goes wrong. 6, 7, and 8 seem like the best terms for fairness and to protect seller and escrow agent against unscrupulous buyer claims.

If the buyer ends up being from the US, I'll gladly take you up on that.  Sounds great (I'd definitely prefer to send it to a person first for verification (and then release of funds) rather than directly to the buyer, just to avoid that potential for abuse.

The main interested party at the moment is from Europe though so it might not matter, but I certainly appreciate the offer Smiley

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 11:57:12 AM

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S II for sale, may as well add that to the thread while I'm at it.   Detail added to the first post Smiley

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:00:06 PM

OK, someone has made an offer I'm happy with (just the singles, not the phone), but they want to remain anonymous for whatever reason.

They've requested BurtW be used for Escrow, and as I haven't had dealings with him I've asked for him to post in this thread with details.

I'd prefer something like deepcelerons method (and still might choose to use him if things sound safer that way), but I'm happy to hear what Burt has to say.

RoloTonyBrownTown (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:14:03 PM

Right, it's getting close to midnight here and its been a big day.  I'm off to bed so we can resume this tomorrow Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: