Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest in cloud mining or just lend out loans to people to make a profi  (Read 1972 times)
Mrbutter (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

Do I need to have a lot of bitcoins to profit in cloud mining? I only have a couple of bitcoins at the moment and I was looking into earning more bitcoins. Should I invest in cloud mining or just lend out loans to people to make a profit?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 09:22:45 AM

I would not suggest either, so many so called cloud mining companies have already ran away with people's funds and as far as lending is concerned, it is again very risky since the majority of borrowers won't have collateral and you shouldn't give away your money without 110% collateral. I would suggest you just keep your bitcoin safe and hodl on to them and wait for the price to reach sky-high.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
kickbit

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 10:27:04 AM

You will not get any profit with cloud mining. That's for sure Smiley

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

I think eventually we will see some "cloud" turn out to be ponzi.  Some of the big names I think are safe.  But some day we will see a ponzi.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

Do I need to have a lot of bitcoins to profit in cloud mining? I only have a couple of bitcoins at the moment and I was looking into earning more bitcoins. Should I invest in cloud mining or just lend out loans to people to make a profit?

I would advise to keep most your bitcoins and wait for the price to increase; if you invest some of your bitcoins make the calculation and only send money to trusted websites/members
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:03:34 PM

I might get cheated in both. Its just about where the chance to get cheated is less. Here cloud mining gets my vote Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

I would do neither myself.  Loans are just too risky.  

And I prefer hardware over "cloud" mining.  If you go cloud mining go with trusted one.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:42:51 AM

the only 'cloud mining' that is reliable is p2p mining rentals (this is not an endorsement for my sig)
here's what i suggest - don't spend those BTC, just hold onto them, and wait.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:18:51 PM

If you want to invest in cloud mining, pick the latest which offers unbelievable returns, earn and then leave it before it goes bust. For instance if you had invested in LTCgear early you would have made RoI and some more.

picolo

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:53:23 PM

If you want to invest in cloud mining, pick the latest which offers unbelievable returns, earn and then leave it before it goes bust. For instance if you had invested in LTCgear early you would have made RoI and some more.

On some companies that sell hash power you cannot sell back your GHS
Seketsuna

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:06:20 PM

Don't lend because i've seen many got burned loaning people who has no collateral.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:12:32 PM

Obviously it was implied to get into one where you can sell the shares. LTCgear, Gawminers, maybe AMHash too.

picolo

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:19:30 PM

Obviously it was implied to get into one where you can sell the shares. LTCgear, Gawminers, maybe AMHash too.

Cex.io

Don't lend because i've seen many got burned loaning people who has no collateral.

You should invest only after having a clear business plan and having met in persons those who are going to mine
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:41:12 PM

I'm beginning to realize that a lot of companies, no matter how seemingly good and legit, are actually just taking you for another wild ride. Don't do anything with Bitcoin unless you're buying coins and putting them into your wallet for expected value on speculation. Just my advice.
picolo

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:16:23 PM

I'm beginning to realize that a lot of companies, no matter how seemingly good and legit, are actually just taking you for another wild ride. Don't do anything with Bitcoin unless you're buying coins and putting them into your wallet for expected value on speculation. Just my advice.

You have decent companies, I would say most Bitcoin companies that are more than a year and a half are decent.

coindesk, primedice ect.

some entities that are not companies are decent too : bitcointalk Wink
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:21:11 PM

I would do one that you know has a big data center.  I personally have trouble investing in a company that shows no proof they are not a ponzi scheme.

I prefer hardware myself, but agree some cloud mining companies are looking a lot better then they once did.
picolo

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:55:15 PM

I would do one that you know has a big data center.  I personally have trouble investing in a company that shows no proof they are not a ponzi scheme.

I prefer hardware myself, but agree some cloud mining companies are looking a lot better then they once did.

If you didn't meet the owners you have to trust them to invest, not blindly trust, you can be careful and invest only a fraction of your bitcoins and keep asking for information and proofs that the hardware actually exists
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:56:29 AM

If you didn't meet the owners you have to trust them to invest, not blindly trust, you can be careful and invest only a fraction of your bitcoins and keep asking for information and proofs that the hardware actually exists

One thing to keep in mine is if you read something great about any site, look for referral.  If there is a hidden referral chances are it is not a fair and even write up.
valvalis

Activity: 784

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:10:57 AM

I'm not say cloud mining is bad, 'cause I've got ROI. But, I think invest cloud mining in this time is bad choice. Except in the near future bitcoin price immediately rose.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:54:29 AM

If you invest in cloud mining contracts that are being sold at a significantly lower price then the competition then it is probably too good to be true. It is not realistic to expect a company to sell mining contracts at as low of prices that LTCgear is selling at. 
picolo

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:15:06 AM

I'm not say cloud mining is bad, 'cause I've got ROI. But, I think invest cloud mining in this time is bad choice. Except in the near future bitcoin price immediately rose.

If you make money because of a rise in the BTC price but you get less BTC that you could have bought up, you didn't made ROI in BTC
gingpark

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

-All Investment Has its Risks and Rewards-

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:52:07 AM

I believe it is too risky especially nowadays to invest into either of those. To me I think I will just be too stressed out after putting my BTC down as either can just run away with it.

And most of the people asking for loans doesn't seem to have anything close enough as collateral for the amount they will ask.

So I guess to me more of buy and hold when the prices are low as they are at the moment.

BTC: 1GuhJeyccy7Y39TCPLcBPxuYaXQotsWzfZ
LTC: LhrLbraxjQHy1r7EU37wJhWsHvTMVmnZm9
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:01:13 PM

You will not get any profit with cloud mining. That's for sure Smiley

Only profit you will get is if you have tons of refs. But in both cases its hard call to make.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:04:14 PM

Profit can be make trading and some working here on forum. For your choices dunno hard to make.

Be wise.

cassimares

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 01:19:20 PM

Cloud mining profitable isn't as bad as everyone think, especially now when hardware is cheaper then shipment charges. You can actually get a better deal buying cloud mining...

picolo

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:41:59 PM

I believe it is too risky especially nowadays to invest into either of those. To me I think I will just be too stressed out after putting my BTC down as either can just run away with it.

And most of the people asking for loans doesn't seem to have anything close enough as collateral for the amount they will ask.

So I guess to me more of buy and hold when the prices are low as they are at the moment.

You can have high rates of return when you invest bitcoins but the risk is very high. Lenders or Bitcoin sites with a lot of traffic make a lot of money.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: