Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Americans in Asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes  (Read 1008 times)
edward222 (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:18:51 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 10:32:21 AM by edward222

Credit to: Tax News : Americans in Asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes

The eight million Americans living overseas, including In Hong Kong and the rest of Asia, should “ensure their financial affairs are in order and compliant” before the New Year, or face having their passports revoked, warns the boss of one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory organizations.

Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, which has 80,000 mainly expatriate clients globally, is speaking out after it has been reported that Congress is preparing to bring in a law to take passports from Americans who owe tax. It is likely to pass into law in December and come into effect on January 1.

Watch out guys  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:29:47 AM

Credit to: Tax News : Asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes

The eight million Americans living overseas, including In Hong Kong and the rest of Asia, should “ensure their financial affairs are in order and compliant” before the New Year, or face having their passports revoked, warns the boss of one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory organizations.

Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, which has 80,000 mainly expatriate clients globally, is speaking out after it has been reported that Congress is preparing to bring in a law to take passports from Americans who owe tax. It is likely to pass into law in December and come into effect on January 1.

Watch out guys  Sad

hey your subject and the article are not matching, your subject is asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes, but in the reply it is written that AMERICANS IN HONG KONG ASIA COULD LOSE THEIR PASSPORTS FOR UNPAID TAXES,

i think the subject should have been "AMERICANS IN HONG KONG ASIA COULD LOSE THEIR PASSPORTS FOR UNPAID TAXES"

KINDLY NOTE THE MISTAKE, dont just post for signature campaign post counting
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:44:30 AM

And the article actually mentioned that they were granted 3 more months. Care to guess what will happen then?
Skaven

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:12:41 PM

Waw I am kinda happy I don't live in asian even I am asian.
Well people just need to becareful then.
zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:59:39 PM

Waw I am kinda happy I don't live in asian even I am asian.
Well people just need to becareful then.

i dont understand why users here without reading properly the subject and the matter , reply foolishly here the OP gives subject which is no where related to matter, it is actually for americans who are living in asian country without paying their taxes in their country, so it is not problem for asian peoples

and you should be ashamed of replying that you are happy they you are asian but not living in asian.  Shocked  Embarrassed

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:07:16 PM

I wonder what happens if your passport is taken away while you're still abroad. Does America issue you a backup citizenship in a worse country?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:34:20 PM

Not Asia, Americans living in Asia!

Poor article, it's trying to scare people but the reality is far from what it described. It's a long process, and nobody will see his/her passport seized without prior notice. The new regulation the article is talking about isn't even law, yet.

Come to think of it, does anyone knows there's something worse in Russia? Russians can't even travel abroad if they have a debt.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:02:22 PM

I wonder what happens if your passport is taken away while you're still abroad. Does America issue you a backup citizenship in a worse country?

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/lost-or-stolen-passports-abroad.html

you have to re-do it
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

You can do whatever, but don't mess with Uncle Bill's taxes! It has always been like this! Smiley
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:28:44 AM

The USA is proposing a similar scheme: if you owe the IRS over $50,000, they can take away your passport.  No passport..., it is VERY hard to get overseas.

Moral of the Story: Pay your taxes and just debts.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:45:38 AM

Wow the this seems like a big crisis waiting to happen. Those Americans better get their act together before anything bad happens.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:47:51 AM

Watch out guys  Sad

hey your subject and the article are not matching, your subject is asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes, but in the reply it is written that AMERICANS IN HONG KONG ASIA COULD LOSE THEIR PASSPORTS FOR UNPAID TAXES,

i think the subject should have been "AMERICANS IN HONG KONG ASIA COULD LOSE THEIR PASSPORTS FOR UNPAID TAXES"

It looks like you are the one posting for your signature campaign. Just respond to his/her topic instead of correcting them. Or you could just correct them at the end of your response.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:20:50 AM

Watch out guys  Sad
Well, to be honest, Americans losing their passports because of unpaid taxes is something that doesn't surprise me, but it's still pretty scummy in the same way. The US has to figure out some way to make sure they're getting that tax money.

This seems like a late notice, though. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be more prevalent and known (Unless it is and I'm out of the loop)
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

I am from asia but don't have passport, so no worries.

It will be quite interesting to see how these government will implement tax on bitcoin transaction in future. If most of the fiat get converted in bitcoin and people kept it for years, than what may these tax sucker government will do to suck our money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:08:18 AM

I am from asia but don't have passport, so no worries.

It will be quite interesting to see how these government will implement tax on bitcoin transaction in future. If most of the fiat get converted in bitcoin and people kept it for years, than what may these tax sucker government will do to suck our money.

How come you don't have a passport? You have only an ID card?

lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:09:45 AM

I think if they dont have any Passport they just cant go out of Asia maybe..
I think the people in the town would know whats wrong Wink Cheesy

regards
lama-hunter
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:52:15 AM

The title of this thread is kinda misleading. What I understand from that is that people who live in Asia could lose their passports for unpaid taxes but in the article it states only Americans. No matter how much you disagree with any governments, you still gotta pay taxes, no matter what country you live in. You can't get away from it.
edward222 (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:29:15 AM

Watch out guys  Sad

Opps!
Noted, thankyou for the correction  Smiley
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 10:52:03 AM

Only few countries and not the whole Asia. I am also from Asia and I pay taxes except for the cash I own in bitcoins. I was taken aback by the news but this often happens overseas. They do even worse than just confiscating passports.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: