Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in selling my 2007 SLK 280 for bitcoins  (Read 2914 times)
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:52:58 PM

I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in buying a car for bitcoins. I'm in the SF bay area. Don't know the price yet, but we could talk about pricing if you are interested. It would likely be in the >5000 bitcoins range. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:54:24 PM

pity I am lightyears away :/

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:13:43 PM

Are you in the US?

I've never understood this about people buying bikes, cards, snowmobiles, etc. If you really want it, and it's a good deal, isn't it worth driving a few hours to pick up something you'll enjoy for the next few years?

I've driven 10 hours one way to purchase a motorcycle.

As far as this car, it's an SLK. Depending on how serious you are it's worth flying out to take a look. Fly there, drive back.

Free bump. I'm curious to see if this sells and for how much.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:15:23 PM

For my last car, I paid less than 100 bucks for a plane ticket, and drove home. Winning!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:16:41 PM

Nice car. Can you please post some photos ?

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:57:24 PM

Are you in the US?

I've never understood this about people buying bikes, cards, snowmobiles, etc. If you really want it, and it's a good deal, isn't it worth driving a few hours to pick up something you'll enjoy for the next few years?

I've driven 10 hours one way to purchase a motorcycle.

As far as this car, it's an SLK. Depending on how serious you are it's worth flying out to take a look. Fly there, drive back.

Free bump. I'm curious to see if this sells and for how much.

Lightyears away should have given you an idea, Im on a whole other continent Wink

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:05:05 PM

I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in buying a car for bitcoins. I'm in the SF bay area. Don't know the price yet, but we could talk about pricing if you are interested. It would likely be in the >5000 bitcoins range. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

I might be interested.  I am not light years away ... but certainly not far.

Dead serious.  I am down the I-5 from you too.  I would fly down and get the car.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:45:03 PM

Here's my craigslist listing:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3033867282.html

The car has low mileage and has a really nice upgrade that I put in. I added a chip that allowed me to use the key remote to open/close the convertible top. So when I park, I can just walk out and have it close behind me. Or when I am close to the car, I can have it opened before I even get to the car. Normally, you need to be in the car with the engine on and hold onto a switch the whole time while the top opens or closes... and it's a real pain.

And the aftermarket navigation is an Eclipse AVN6620. It's very similar to Toyota's navigation since it's based on the same software: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TKD5mklSCzL/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html

Let me know if you are seriously interested.

David_Benz
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:47:24 PM

The car has low mileage and has a really nice upgrade that I put in. I added a chip that allowed me to use the key remote to open/close the convertible top. So when I park, I can just walk out and have it close behind me. Or when I am close to the car, I can have it opened before I even get to the car. Normally, you need to be in the car with the engine on and hold onto a switch the whole time while the top opens or closes... and it's a real pain.

And the aftermarket navigation is an Eclipse AVN6620. It's very similar to Toyota's navigation since it's based on the same software: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TKD5mklSCzL/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html

Good Lord that is a sexy car.  I have driven the BMW 760i and the Benz v12 Kompressor.  Benz freaking scared me.  Faster then my bosses Modena.  (Modeno?) 

Anyhow, I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.  I have been saving for a mini-rig or two ... but how cool would it be to buy a freaking SLK with BTC?  Sounds pretty rad to me LOL

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:52:59 PM

Good Lord that is a sexy car.  I have driven the BMW 760i and the Benz v12 Kompressor.  Benz freaking scared me.  Faster then my bosses Modena.  (Modeno?) 

Anyhow, I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.  I have been saving for a mini-rig or two ... but how cool would it be to buy a freaking SLK with BTC?  Sounds pretty rad to me LOL

Yeah, I wonder if this may be one of the most expensive thing sold for bitcoins. Well in terms of number of bitcoins, nothing beats the 10,000 btc for 2 pizzas. 1 pizza = 1 slk Smiley

David_Benz
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:56:04 PM

Yeah, I wonder if this may be one of the most expensive thing sold for bitcoins. Well in terms of number of bitcoins, nothing beats the 10,000 btc for 2 pizzas. 1 pizza = 1 slk Smiley

Yeah I heard about those days.  So freaking crazy!!  I wonder if Namecoin will blow up like that.

Anyhow, I will stop fudging up your thread Smiley

BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:28:42 AM

sub, interested to see what happens here...

Out of curiousity, are any of you interested in mechanic service for BTC? I have a brother who owns a shop and I've been talking with him about accepting bitcoins. Unfortunately for OP/etc, we're east coast, but I'm curious if/how far you'd be interested in mechanic work for bitcoins.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:06:47 PM

Very Interested! Outside of my price range, though.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:31:26 AM

bump to see if there's anyone else interested.

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:14:43 AM

Did you sell it? I noticed it was removed from craigslist.
If you do sell it for bitcoins, it would be cool if you could make a video of the transaction or something, might have enough publicity value for your bitcoins to get worth even more =).

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:00:43 AM

Did you sell it? I noticed it was removed from craigslist.
If you do sell it for bitcoins, it would be cool if you could make a video of the transaction or something, might have enough publicity value for your bitcoins to get worth even more =).

I'm still selling it. The craigslist ad just expired. Here's my ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649&item=330741002718&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUSX%3AIT#ht_500wt_1182

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 03:24:32 AM

I've reduced the price. I'm willing to sell it for 4400 btc. Any takers? Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: