Poll
Question: Choose 1 - to win on Jan 1, 2015
$100 Bill - 20 (12.4%)
2.59 Grams of 24k Gold - 18 (11.2%)
0.275 BTC - 123 (76.4%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick One - For January 1  (Read 7849 times)
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:26:58 PM

hey, I like you "daytrading SIM"

maybe we should create a speculation game during 2015?
we start with 100 USD on 1st of januari and we need some simple rules

only one trade/day allowed. keep everything in excel with a standard file (like the one you are using)
The only problem I see is how to prove no one is cheating by posting his trade a few hours after BTC crashed or started going up.
The only solution I see at the moment is take a printscreen and post it in the topic.

are you interested in this? We could set it up together  Smiley

i'd follow this, sounds like fun. Don't make it any real form of investment tho, just set it up with imaginary BTC, everyone who joins in, starts with the same amount of BTC and invests at their choice of price during the day. everyone has to keep track for themselves though and post in a thread their exact time of investment and exact amount, so there is no cheating etc.

could be a great community game, just for fun

yeah off course everybody could participate Smiley
you don't need to do the trades, although I will do them, just for fun Wink

edit: timestamp of post could just determine the exchange rate , good thinking Smiley
jdany (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:49:22 PM

only one trade/day allowed. keep everything in excel with a standard file (like the one you are using)
The only problem I see is how to prove no one is cheating by posting his trade a few hours after BTC crashed or started going up.
The only solution I see at the moment is take a printscreen and post it in the topic.

Sounds frickin' awesome.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:54:35 PM

i'd follow this, sounds like fun. Don't make it any real form of investment tho, just set it up with imaginary BTC, everyone who joins in, starts with the same amount of BTC and invests at their choice of price during the day. everyone has to keep track for themselves though and post in a thread their exact time of investment and exact amount, so there is no cheating etc.

could be a great community game, just for fun

yeah off course everybody could participate Smiley
you don't need to do the trades, although I will do them, just for fun Wink

edit: timestamp of post could just determine the exchange rate , good thinking Smiley

since i'm lazy.

can someone set up a template spreadsheet for it? and set up a fresh thread which explains it all?
I might just do the investment for real too.

it reminds me of those fantasy-football things I used to do when i was a kid... of course, there was no internet in those days so it was all done by post.
can't wait to get started!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
jdany (OP)

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:20:33 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 01:51:06 PM by jdany

If we can get a few trusted members to volunteer to validate trades, I think that would work.
I'm not around enough to field them by myself.
Everyone tracks their own trades and values.

We can probably use an exchange for actual trade references
posts to the forum would be ok - as long as post edits were disqualified.

Ideas? ..
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:38:21 PM

the best thing would be to do as little as possible ourselves.

Maybe we could do it like this:

When people want to buy or sell the BTC, they post just "BUY" or "SELL"
Immediately after that, they quote their own post and add the exchange rate (I propose we use bitcoinaverage.com, to avoid exchanges going down)
The user also calculates how much 'virtual' BTC or USD he owns at that moment.

The player needs to wait at least 24h before he can do a new post (so buy or sell)

everybody can check if the exchange rate was correct and so on...
We can have some volunteers to check some random posts from time to time, to make sure nobody is cheating.

question: will we allow partial buying or selling (so f.e BUY 50 USD worth of BTC) ?
imho I think it's more fun to go "all in" every time Wink

When we have set the rules here, we can create a new forum account and a moderated topic so we are in full control Smiley
raskul

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

there should be limits set. meagre limits, so you don't get someone coming in saying 'BUY 21million BTC' etc etc

A good starting point would be to allow everyone the amount of $USD which = 1BTC at the time of the OP.

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:42:25 PM

how can you check if posts are edited and/or deleted?
b4basit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:45:49 PM

0.275 BTC

donate 14V9xuWy2fRzchkpK44ZeDbjdJprXLP2qC
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:06:23 PM

People should be able to simply buy or sell all their holding by posting a msg on the thread with buy or sell. A bot could keep track of participants balances and post shortly after with a summary for the person. It could post a scoreboard on here too.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

People should be able to simply buy or sell all their holding by posting a msg on the thread with buy or sell. A bot could keep track of participants balances and post shortly after with a summary for the person. It could post a scoreboard on here too.

well, I never wrote a bot, but I know some programming. Will take a look at. Doesn't sound too complicated. We still have one month, so maybe we can get it working  Wink
If someone else has more experience with bots, please, do it Tongue
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:33:07 PM

well, I never wrote a bot, but I know some programming. Will take a look at. Doesn't sound too complicated. We still have one month, so maybe we can get it working  Wink

I am pretty busy but it would be a fun project for you dnalor!
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:34:30 PM

the problem is I can't find an API...
Without API I'm not able to code it.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:36:22 PM

There is no api? Well you can scrape the webpage instead
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:47:11 PM

Use Metatrader against btc-e and program en Expert Analyzer. That's how I do it Smiley
You even have a tester so you can test your bot on historical data.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:31:51 PM

The site below mirrors bitcointalk posts and often preserves deleted posts, but it seems a bit erratic in what it records. You can link your bitcointalk account to it at the link below but I'm not certain how it works. Is anyone here registered there?

https://bitcointa.lk/link_account/
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:16:28 AM

i'll take the btc.  i have plenty of $100 bills and even more gold
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:21:56 AM

The site below mirrors bitcointalk posts and often preserves deleted posts, but it seems a bit erratic in what it records. You can link your bitcointalk account to it at the link below but I'm not certain how it works. Is anyone here registered there?

Why would you not use the bitcoin blockchain for this?  You do want a verifiable ledger, right?
raskul

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:27:08 AM

Why would you not use the bitcoin blockchain for this?  You do want a verifiable ledger, right?

because it's a just for fun idea, we won't actually be trading - that way anyone can join in.

Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:36:13 AM

because it's a just for fun idea, we won't actually be trading - that way anyone can join in.

And?  You can use the bitcoin blockchain for simple messages.  They will be timestamped, ordered, non-forgable, and non-deletable.  You can start as simple as "buying 1BTC at $376.72".  Just post the bitcoin address you are using in a thread here and they can all be tracked easily enough.  You can get much more complex if you wish, and code up an app to send the message and track the leaderboard.  But that's optional.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:55:26 AM

On January 1, 2015.  

Which will have the most value?

In a vacuum i definitely would be picking bitcoin here, good news train is never ending for months these days.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: