Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood Collectors Bitcoin Art  (Read 7336 times)
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:49:23 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 02:56:01 PM by nubbins

ART THIEF AND SCAMMER.

SCAM THREAD: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0

Stolen art from a Deviant Art page:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.msg10226824#msg10226824

Stolen art from shutterstock.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.msg10226859#msg10226859

Reported you to both. Art thievery is the lowest of the low. You should be deeply ashamed.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:57:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.msg10226824#msg10226824

Stolen art from a Deviant Art page.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.msg10226859#msg10226859

Stolen art from shutterstock.

Reported you to both. Art thievery is the lowest of the low. You should be deeply ashamed.

The last one you found was at the request of the buyer... Maybe this is the same case because most of the pieces are commissioned ones... And do you really think art thievery is the lowest one can get? I mean, seriously?

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:00:57 PM

The last one you found was at the request of the buyer... Maybe this is the same case because most of the pieces are commissioned ones... And do you really think art thievery is the lowest one can get? I mean, seriously?

Oh, okay, so he stole artwork and reproduced it without permission at the request of the buyer. So much better.  Roll Eyes

Yes, for someone who claims to be an artist, I really do think art thievery is the lowest you can get. Just like how dropping food on the floor and serving it anyway is the lowest a chef can get.

I deleted that comment, I'm sorry... I just got a little angry.

Apology accepted.

I'd like to invite you to re-read my original scam accusation, and open yourself to the possibility that there's truth in what I'm saying. Try to remove your emotions from the situation and look at the evidence. Is it fair to call my accusation "nonsense"?

I can see the truth in your accusation and how it isn't just nonsense... But it's the fact that I don't want to believe it that puts me off.

LazerViking

Activity: 261
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:46:19 AM

Amazing. I happen to be a woodworker of 40+ years myself (yes, I really am that old) and I contacted WoodCollecter just a couple days ago to see if he was interested in buying some Ironwood, although I never looked at his work. Now i see this and my mind is completely boggled. I did not read every post here, but I can affirm the opinion of a few I saw that have said that the intricate carving in question is done with a laser. I am 100% sure about it. NO doubt, case closed. What amazes me is not that he is using a laser etcher, but that he is denying it, especially at this point. I do have to say that the overall level of craftsmanship in the pieces I have seen pictures here is not impressive (wonky ass BTC cutouts, etc.), but the laser work is super cool. Should have been honest with your customers.

You can clearly see the line by line marks left on this piece that are definitely, without a doubt, with 100% certainty left by a laser engraver exactly the same as a printer does:

WHY? Why is it necessary to lie to people?
That is actually only a rhetorical question, because the prices WC is getting for "hand carved" pieces is why- duh. The stuff WC is making is cool, but what ever happened to being honest? Guess we can add WoodCollecter's name to the long list of BTC scammers. What a shame. Greed. It is a sickness. Instead of making great money making neato laser engraved items he has to play people for fucking fools and say that he is carving that shit by hand so he can charge Uber Craftsman prices. Disgusted.

Although I am actually lelling out loud here, maybe you're one of my socks Cool

Anyway, I uh, look:

Two-tone images (solid black and white, vector) are precisely and exclusively the sort of file that lasers would use to etch wood. If nothing else, the fact that he'd use a stock b&w vector image without even bothering to take 15 minutes to modify it a bit, rather than taking, say, an actual photograph of a roaring lion in a pose he likes, and creating an original drawing from that, speaks to his intentions. Quick bucks.

Everyone here who had the audacity to say unkind things to me in any thread relating to this matter should be ashamed of themselves.

Hey Dipshit, before you really make yourself look like a fool, maybe you want to talk to Deliveryman, That lion is the one HE SENT ME, that he wanted on his coin AFTER i sent him my design, I'M SURE HE IS HAPPY TO VERIFY THAT. His direct quote " i like things to be symmetrical, i am kind of OCD like that". The fact that you could find that image based on my carving is flattering though, I'm better than i gave myself credit for i guess. Kids these days, i swear.

Just to be clear, I communicated with deliveryman and he told me he was not aware at any time that the images on his coin were anything but original works of art made by WoodCollector, and was quite disappointed to find out that they weren't. Contrary to what WoodCollector is claiming, WoodCollector was the one who first came to deliveryman with the vector image lion design(exact image nothing changed) and presented it as a "sketch", not the other way around.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:52:29 AM

Note the film reel and the yin-yang near the middle.

In WoodCollector's defence, he did rotate the source image 90 degrees then mirror it before illegally reproducing it and passing it off as his own work.

Was this one of the ones you designed yourself, or was this one of the ones you purchased the clipart for?

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:07:31 PM

WoodCollector, a simple yes or no question: Are any of your other works using stock clip art?

Protip: not answering this question is the same as saying "YES".

nothingtoseeheremovealong

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:43:42 PM

hahaha definitely done by a laser/cnc machine as the details are to fine to be done with knives/chisels and ensuring the depth stays the same

i showed these pictures to a 76 year old master wood craftsman who has done stuff like this since he was 15years old and his immediate answer was that these were NOT done by hand at all
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:47:04 PM

hahaha definitely done by a laser/cnc machine as the details are to fine to be done with knives/chisels and ensuring the depth stays the same

i showed these pictures to a 76 year old master wood craftsman who has done stuff like this since he was 15years old and his immediate answer was that these were NOT done by hand at all

Video of the old man talking while holding a fine-tipped chisel or you're my sock  Grin

nothingtoseeheremovealong

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:05:27 PM

Video of the old man talking while holding a fine-tipped chisel or you're my sock  Grin

errrm id rather not cheers and i doubt he'd appreciate me slapping a video of him on the internet for all to see just because you cant take my word for it. all i did was confirm what you are accusing this guy of is true that hes not hand carving these pieces
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:11:55 PM

Just joking, video proof has been a "thing" here Smiley

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:22:20 PM

Holy you sure have a hard on for this.

Even if he is doing exactly what you are saying it is no where close to the low on the scum bag chart....

Someone running a fractional exchange is the #1 scum bag or someone running poker sites that are rigged so you get a full house and thier bot gets 4 of a kind.  

This was one of the ignorance is bliss things, if these acusations never came to light the customers would of continued to be happy.  Now in a fractional exchange or a ponzi scheme the customers lose money they were not spending on fancy things.

Futhermore all of the calculations you are using for the "legit" price of these pecies are so off.. not including a heavy mark up for the cost of the laser machine... ?!?!?!   Not a soul on the planet will work or sell something even remotely close to cost.

TBH I don't care if he is scamming people like you say it just bothers me you are on about how this is the worst thing someone could ever do to another person.. it's not even close. 

I'll stop ranting now lol.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:29:26 PM

Even if he is doing exactly what you are saying it is no where close to the low on the scum bag chart....

Someone running a fractional exchange is the #1 scum bag or someone running poker sites that are rigged so you get a full house and thier bot gets 4 of a kind.  

This was one of the ignorance is bliss things, if these acusations never came to light the customers would of continued to be happy.  Now in a fractional exchange or a ponzi scheme the customers lose money they were not spending on fancy things.

Futhermore all of the calculations you are using for the "legit" price of these pecies are so off.. not including a heavy mark up for the cost of the laser machine... ?!?!?!   Not a soul on the planet will work or sell something even remotely close to cost.

TBH I don't care if he is scamming people like you say it just bothers me you are on about how this is the worst thing someone could ever do to another person.. it's not even close. 

Does it bother you that scientists do research on things you don't care about, too? Or that the cops are still out catching speeders when there are unsolved murders?

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:32:23 PM

Does it bother you that scientists do research on things you don't care about, too? Or that the cops are still out catching speeders when there are unsolved murders?

Good point.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:51:29 PM

Also, given that I have to wait 15-30 seconds in between prints for ink to dry, I'm able to stay productive while keeping up on these threads. I've invested probably two or three hours total into this so far. Don't really have the time to bust scams bigger than this type of thing.

Would like to remind everyone, though, that $20k+ since November is pretty crazy, and shouldn't be downplayed. We need this forum to have a healthy marketplace where scammers can't thrive.

MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:26:29 PM

It may not be the greatest deception or scam that happened on this forum but he's still conning people out of money if he's presenting something that it isn't. It's no different to selling a fake item but passing it off as genuine in my opinion. It's a shame if he has been lying because these were some very nice pieces but obviously he wouldnt have been able to sell them for anywhere near what he has been if they were laserd but he still couldve made a nice profit whilst running an honest business here.

WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

Only scammer here is you little boy,

Video will be on the way soon

But we both know that wont shut you up. your too much of a child to apologize and admit when you were wrong. There is a healthy dose of truth for you. I offered to let a bunch of you degenerates watch me carving via live stream yesterday, just because you said no so you didnt have to see the truth doesnt mean its a lie. In the mean time, THREAD LOCKED SO MY INBOX STOPS BLOWING UP WITH CRAP FROM CHILDREN

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: