Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 out of the 15 top marketcaps are not mineable!  (Read 7095 times)
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 03:51:46 PM

None of the "mineable" coins are really mineable. No average joe will ever get a full coin out of these currencies by mining with the current difficulties...

+1

Average joe's are getting blocks of Monero mining with cpu'z
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:20:11 PM

None of the "mineable" coins are really mineable. No average joe will ever get a full coin out of these currencies by mining with the current difficulties...

+1

Average joe's are getting blocks of Monero mining with cpu'z

see - and who said that mining was dead Wink ...

#crysx

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:32:56 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 05:53:58 PM by manfred

• marketcap is a useless number
  • 2500 tons of gold is mined a year, how much of it did average joe dig up with the shovel, and how much is industrial mined?
  • there is unlimited supply of pos coins you going to invest in them all?
  • at current price, $900,984.20 USD is invested every day in btc
  • necrothread?, Nubits not top 50 now
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 04:06:29 AM

• marketcap is a useless number
  • 2500 tons of gold is mined a year, how much of it did average joe dig up with the shovel, and how much is industrial mined?
  • there is unlimited supply of pos coins you going to invest in them all?
  • at current price, $900,984.20 USD is invested every day in btc
  • necrothread?, Nubits not top 50 now

yup - this might be a dead thread - but i came across it and wanted to comment ...

so necrothread it is Smiley ...

but you do make some good points ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 12:49:35 PM

What if I told you that one of the non-mineable coins on your list does not even have a blockchain or trade on a decentralized ledger so that they cannot be created (diluted) without a hard fork?

Can you guess which one is not even a crypto?

aaand - that one is ... ? ...

#crysx

claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:07:58 AM

What if I told you that one of the non-mineable coins on your list does not even have a blockchain or trade on a decentralized ledger so that they cannot be created (diluted) without a hard fork?

Can you guess which one is not even a crypto?

aaand - that one is ... ? ...

#crysx

Banxshares

maxNIMFA

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:05:19 AM

It's pretty funny to compare TS's printscreen of cryptocurrency markets capitalization to today's cap  Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:21:29 AM

It's pretty funny to compare TS's printscreen of cryptocurrency markets capitalization to today's cap  Smiley

Actually is same. Right now 8 out of TOP15 crypto currencies cant be mined. Just like in 2014.
goin2mars.

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:28:34 AM

What's funny is seeing a thread i made two years ago pop up again Smiley

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:16:01 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 12:29:08 PM by ðºÞæ

What is amazing a solidary none minable coin (BitShares) has survived and 3 minable (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero)
Ripple is not Blockchain tech, instead a evolotion of 1960 database technology and Dash is now Pos (45% minable, 55% Proof of Service)
Very telling.

Ratio now 9 minable 5 not and a out of place database operating company.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
shavill

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:55:19 AM

Doesn't really matter if a coin been mined or just created out of the thin air and distributed on some fancy way, if there are no real world services for it.

^ This. Mining is fetishized in this community, to me it's just a means to an end. People forget what attracts the mainstream to Bitcoin is not how the coins are created but the end use of it.
You are probably right, but to get there bitcoins was supported by many miners (not investors investing their money on dev good words) who invested in hardware, time, electricity etc... real investors (and shady one as well...) who created company to use and support bitcoins.

Non-minable coins rely mostly on unreliable dev and investors, there is basically no future to them, because anybody going to these coins are only interested in short term profit (and no mining means also no string attached... you don't need to buy or sell hardware or anything... ), there is nothing in that which would bring confidence in those coins to make them mainstream... (well even if you reinvent again and again silkroad... )

No, you invest in the coins themselves and hold them like equities which pay a dividend. There is an investment, just not in hardware and electricity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a gpu miner with several rigs running 24/7 and happy as a clam with how eth is rolling up. However, I am also openminded and see the advantages of POS, so I'm also building a stake in Ripple using my mined eth.

BTC has become centralized by the four major pools in China.  China is well known as a currency manipulator so expect more of the same for BTC in the future.

BTC and ETH have both proven to be archaic at this point.  When their networks get flooded they can't handle it well. Some transactions taking days is exactly what it wasn't intended to be. I don't know what THE coin(s) will ultimately be, but I do know it won't be BTC, ETH, LTC, or BTH. Maybe IOTA, Ripple, Steem, Walton... who knows.  Maybe we'll get a better handle on it by 2018/19.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: