Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is peercoin(PPC) so undervalued?  (Read 1641 times)
K210 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:56:18 PM

Despite being one of the more innovative coins out there and the first Pos coin, why does peercoin hold such a low value? i mean even a crappy joke coin with no innovation (dogecoin) has a higher market cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:20:13 PM

no real world use, no interest from the public, pure speculation, endless supply, much competition in that area

What makes you think it's under value?

I've heard some trollbox rumours there could be manipulation and surpression of price going on related with nubits. My only problem is that i don't care enough to dig deeper. Maybe this thread brings some info on it.
Foerster

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:26:56 PM

Why do you think PPC value is low compared to Doge?
In the last hour there have been only 16 Peercoin transactions but 868 Dogecoin transactions (second only to the mighty Bitcoin which has >3000 transactions)

Also PPC's other metrics are not stronger than those of higher valued coins, hence it's current valuation might be right.

https://bitinfocharts.com/
K210 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:34:01 AM

no real world use, no interest from the public, pure speculation, endless supply, much competition in that area

I would have to disagree, first of all peercoin is designed as a backbone currency, it is a good place to store wealth. Peercoins design (the high transaction fee) purposely discourages it from being used to make dust transactions (just look at the small size of peercoins blockchain compared to other coins), so it does have real world use. As for no interest from the public thats because it has not gotten media attention like BTC, LTC and DOGE have. Peercoin does have a lot of competition in the Pos area but considering it is the original pos coin it should have a advantage against competitors.

Simple, the idea behind it - proof of stake. This is a very innovative method of securing the blockchain. Shouldn't innovative coins draw the attention of investors and hence increase the value of the coin?
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

backbone currency with a wallet that tends to stall. For me it is no secure store of value. I hate clusterfuck but that's what you get in most coins including the praised peercoin.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:56:29 AM

I've heard some trollbox rumours there could be manipulation and surpression of price going on related with nubits. My only problem is that i don't care enough to dig deeper. Maybe this thread brings some info on it.

The relation between NuBits and Peercoin is that NuShare dividend payments are paid out to NuShare holders with Peercoin. In other words, if you buy NuShares and hold them, you will periodically be paid Peercoins.  When it's time for a dividend payment, Peercoins are bought off the open market and given to NSR holders. So NuBits does not suppress or manipulate PPC price, it just increases it's demand at times of NSR dividend payments. We saw this a few days ago when NuShare holders got their first dividend payment, 68k PPC were bought and given to NSR holders, it rose PPC's price roughly 15%.

Anyway, the market cap of coins has little to do with how innovative they are, otherwise Litecoin wouldn't STILL be in 2nd place. As much as I like Peercoin, it's development is incredibly slow. I wager no one would even care about it if it wasn't listed on BTC-E. Fortunately, with NuShares, PPC will always have value of some kind as dividend payments go out. If NuShares really take off, Peercoin might have a future yet.

DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:43:53 AM

I agree. At the current state Peercoin is one of the coins with less technological advancement and it does not bring with any feautres that most other coins have.  Interesting about the nubits, I have been observing a similar situation.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 08:36:07 AM

Because it has been left to fend for itself. It is not keeping up with the market

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:09:10 AM

Because it has no real adoption. Soon real panic will start to set in. you are going to see massive amounts of peercoin days destroyed as the old whales want to take whatever cash is left to take.

Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:21:21 AM

Because it has no real adoption. Soon real panic will start to set in. you are going to see massive amounts of peercoin days destroyed as the old whales want to take whatever cash is left to take.

Pretty sure that already happened a long time ago. Price has fallen so much from it's ATH high I really don't see where panic would come from now, especially now that it will have a certain level of demand from this point forward due to NuBits.
K210 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:07:08 AM

Why would people dump now when peercoin is pretty much worthless? If people where going to dump they would have done it last year when the price was $8.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:43:43 PM

Why do you think PPC value is low compared to Doge?
In the last hour there have been only 16 Peercoin transactions but 868 Dogecoin transactions (second only to the mighty Bitcoin which has >3000 transactions)

Also PPC's other metrics are not stronger than those of higher valued coins, hence it's current valuation might be right.

https://bitinfocharts.com/

Very interesting info.

It seems right now doge is the only alt with any real adoption at this point.
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:48:52 PM

It was innovative when it was released, but was hindered by the need for centralised checkpointing. Now there are other PoS alternatives which do not rely on checkpoints and claim to be superior, although none have been tested rigorously yet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:06:53 PM

I would say this price is ok. Besides people do not trust NuBits much.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:40:24 PM

It's still undervalued because some insiders such as from BTC and NXT hit PPC very hard in the last four months. But now, smart ones are actively accumulating from those sells. It definitely has a bright future.
lisnic

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:38:17 PM

Becose to many scamcoins....

For me DOGE is scamcoin - It was released as joke not as quick currency ~ a year after WDC, or FTC... It was annonced it russian forum a week before release. DOGE store in blockchane zeroooooos, it will die anyway....

Ripple is scamcoin - no ICO.. all the coins from air. Centralised.

NXT - Scamcoin... Premined, no any ICO.. coins from air, buy it stupid people...

Namecoin - is not scamcoin, but is overvalued. It is mined as bonus from BTC, don't have his face, his value.
I bought 50 domains on namecoin... In 9 months - only 5 visitors :slight_smile: All the darknet is on Tor (.onion)
NMC is unutile...

and other
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

PPC is a dog, that's it.

The world will be around the major coins, BTC, ETH, LTC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: