Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted posts  (Read 1876 times)
sobitcoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:22:50 AM

I've no idea. A few people have suggested it but I've seen nothing concrete from the devs saying it will be implemented.

Tough call.  It has it's ups and downs. Is it possible to offer a toggle option lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

Deleted Post
« Sent to: sobitcoin on: Today at 04:06:02 AM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: Chef Ramsay on December 03, 2014, 06:44:14 PM
If you're on twitter, retweet my piece on this https://twitter.com/8Atlas2/status/540213907890380800 and follow me too.

Only because you're chef ramsey.

Really? This place is worse then reddit. So let me see. NO  1 word responses. No responses with emotion only. And no puns or jokes?  The censorship in these forums is insane. I will defiantly focus on promoting other means of communication where you can post a comment that doesn't get deleted.  Why don't you guys take your resources devoted to deleting replies to filtering the scams and fraud in this place?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 05:10:15 PM

Deleted Post
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

If you're on twitter, retweet my piece on this https://twitter.com/8Atlas2/status/540213907890380800 and follow me too.

Really? This place is worse then reddit. So let me see. NO  1 word responses. No responses with emotion only. And no puns or jokes?  The censorship in these forums is insane. I will defiantly focus on promoting other means of communication where you can post a comment that doesn't get deleted.  Why don't you guys take your resources devoted to deleting replies to filtering the scams and fraud in this place?

What is your argument here? Is it: "only because you're chef ramsey" is contributing to a discussion in a meaningfull way? Because just because your comment got deleted does not mean you are censored. The sentence confirming you retweet something has no value for anyone but the person you retweet it for and that person would know about it via twitter.
Just because your comment is not "+1" but a little longer does not magically give it value in terms of a discussion and after all this is a discussionboard.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

Deleted Post
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete  

Really? This place is worse then reddit. So let me see. NO  1 word responses. No responses with emotion only. And no puns or jokes?  The censorship in these forums is insane. I will defiantly focus on promoting other means of communication where you can post a comment that doesn't get deleted.  Why don't you guys take your resources devoted to deleting replies to filtering the scams and fraud in this place?

What is your argument here? Is it: "only because you're chef ramsey" is contributing to a discussion in a meaningfull way? Because just because your comment got deleted does not mean you are censored. The sentence confirming you retweet something has no value for anyone but the person you retweet it for and that person would know about it via twitter.
Just because your comment is not "+1" but a little longer does not magically give it value in terms of a discussion and after all this is a discussionboard.

Have you ever been in a discussion with another person? Not EVERY SINGLE word said is solving the world issues. Sometimes people say a comment that isn't the end too an issue. Are you saying, every comment in this forum has to solve an issue? I am slightly confused with how promoting a twitter tweet really has any grounding in this forum then? Or half the threads in here. Seems pretty picky and choosy to me. The censorship in this place is garbage. People will sometimes respond with a sentence, word or paragraph that doesn't solve world hunger.  They face that someone is monitoring those comments while people are getting ripped off tens of thousands daily on this site is a joke. Get your priorities straight. Discussion is now a word to describe quality exchange of words, not just two people conversing? Awesome. And it's not an argument. I am stating your censorship that it's bullshit and very ironic given the context.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

-snip-
Have you ever been in a discussion with another person? Not EVERY SINGLE word said is solving the world issues. Sometimes people say a comment that isn't the end too an issue. Are you saying, every comment in this forum has to solve an issue? I am slightly confused with how promoting a twitter tweet really has any grounding in this forum then? Or half the threads in here. Seems pretty picky and choosy to me. The censorship in this place is garbage. People will sometimes respond with a sentence, word or paragraph that doesn't solve world hunger.  They face that someone is monitoring those comments while people are getting ripped off tens of thousands daily on this site is a joke. Get your priorities straight. Discussion is now a word to describe quality exchange of words, not just two people conversing? Awesome. And it's not an argument. I am stating your censorship that it's bullshit.

A discussion is still a discussion even when there is no solution. You can try to twist my words all you want, but as you yourself said its promotion, not a discussion. Actually its not even promotion its just the confirmation of a possibly promotional tweet. When someone deems it low value / spam that someone can report the post, a staff member will review this and if they think the same the post gets deleted.
How is: "yeah Ill retweet that" a meaningfull part of a conversation? How is it important to post that? It is not and would I have encountered it, I would have reported it aswell.

sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:57:02 PM

-snip-
Have you ever been in a discussion with another person? Not EVERY SINGLE word said is solving the world issues. Sometimes people say a comment that isn't the end too an issue. Are you saying, every comment in this forum has to solve an issue? I am slightly confused with how promoting a twitter tweet really has any grounding in this forum then? Or half the threads in here. Seems pretty picky and choosy to me. The censorship in this place is garbage. People will sometimes respond with a sentence, word or paragraph that doesn't solve world hunger.  They face that someone is monitoring those comments while people are getting ripped off tens of thousands daily on this site is a joke. Get your priorities straight. Discussion is now a word to describe quality exchange of words, not just two people conversing? Awesome. And it's not an argument. I am stating your censorship that it's bullshit.

A discussion is still a discussion even when there is no solution. You can try to twist my words all you want, but as you yourself said its promotion, not a discussion. Actually its not even promotion its just the confirmation of a possibly promotional tweet. When someone deems it low value / spam that someone can report the post, a staff member will review this and if they think the same the post gets deleted.
How is: "yeah Ill retweet that" a meaningfull part of a conversation? How is it important to post that? It is not and would I have encountered it, I would have reported it aswell.

Don't accuse me of twisting your words, I am stating the facts. This is a discussion board. Not every word of a discussion is going to be 100% directed at solving a cause. There is going to be some alright's and okays. I will restate my stance, that is these comments are your biggest issue, the priorities might want to be reevaluated in order to devote a little more attention to the scams and actual crime that happens here, not a comment you didn't particularly personally think was a good response to a discussion.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 06:21:04 PM

-snip-
Don't accuse me of twisting your words, I am stating the facts. This is a discussion board. Not every word of a discussion is going to be 100% directed at solving a cause. There is going to be some alright's and okays. I will restate my stance, that is these comments are your biggest issue, the priorities might want to be reevaluated in order to devote a little more attention to the scams and actual crime that happens here, not a comment you didn't particularly personally think was a good response to a discussion.

I have a feeling you dont even understand my point. Again, as discussion is still a discussion even if its not directed at solving anything. The post in question however has no value towards a discussion as it is not part of a discussion, even a "+1" has more value even though I would still consider it spam. Than again, maybe I dont know enough about the thread in question to judge how meaning full "yeall Ill retweet" that is in the context of the thread. Maybe it would surprise me.

The forums stance regarding scams is well known and just because there are thieves out there does not make your post appear less spammy, at least to me. In the end my personal opinion does matter very little anyway, but I doubt you will have a chance convincing the moderation team. In the end this is a privatly run forum and noone here is remotly able to cenor you in your ability to speak publicly you may just have to do so elsewhere.

sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

-snip-

I have a feeling you dont even understand my point. Again, as discussion is still a discussion even if its not directed at solving anything. The post in question however has no value towards a discussion as it is not part of a discussion, even a "+1" has more value even though I would still consider it spam. Than again, maybe I dont know enough about the thread in question to judge how meaning full "yeall Ill retweet" that is in the context of the thread. Maybe it would surprise me.

The forums stance regarding scams is well known and just because there are thieves out there does not make your post appear less spammy, at least to me. In the end my personal opinion does matter very little anyway, but I doubt you will have a chance convincing the moderation team. In the end this is a privatly run forum and noone here is remotly able to cenor you in your ability to speak publicly you may just have to do so elsewhere.

Yup it is. You're right. I apologize about my confrontational posts, i was a little argumentative earlier.  Personally, I think there is other areas to devote resources, and don't see some of these posts as the least bit spammy or unnecessary to be honest.  It is, a private message board, and if it was mine, I would tell people like me to STFU most likely because the owner is free to do what they want.  I'll eat my words, but I do think the post deletes could be relaxed a tad as it is a very contextual base in most instances. ANYHOW, I apologize for arguing and enjoy a healthy debate.  Have a good afternoon, i'll work on my post quality   Wink 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: