Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 08:44:53 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain realizing early stupidity  (Read 5109 times)
eturnerx

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 10:39:45 PM

I'm extremely mad that the guy I was dealing with about two months ago has been so slow in getting me my computer which was going to be a dedicated mining rig. I'm out a huge amount just for that.
I put time limit for delivery as part of the terms of my sale contracts. If they breach them, then I cancel the contract. TBH I paid a tiny bit extra for a 6990 just because the business I was dealing with actually had it in stock. Nothing back-ordered.

WatchMine - get Bitcoin prices and pool stats on your Mobile
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
nickwit

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 01:34:29 AM

Yea, well... I'm sure we're all elderly enough now to have experienced at least two mega-tulip-scale bubbles in our lifetimes.

Bubbles can be ridden - we know that... but do take care to diversify... and always buy art because you like the art, not because you think you're going to get something for nothing.

Slimquick

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 02:05:58 AM

I could've invested at one dollar but did not. Sigh.

Forum members with whom I have completed satisfactory transactions: klamathonsite.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 02:29:47 AM

If all of us had kept their coins there wouldn't be a market like it is today, so look at your "stupidity" as an investment into the system.
This hoarding vs circulating (i.e. spending) dynamics is very interesting.

If the world is to return to gold standard, I think it would be a similar process -- the only difference is, gold has the luxury of being recognized as money in many cultures, no need to get publicity through circulation there.
neptop

Activity: 314

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:16:05 PM

If all of us had kept their coins there wouldn't be a market like it is today, so look at your "stupidity" as an investment into the system.
Well, still would have been great if someone else did it.

Yes, I'd cash out my 12k BTC now, because I'd know what I'd want to buy. No, it's not a mining rig. Wink
I'd also quit mining, but still advertise and use Bitcoin, as I really love it.

BitCoin address: 1E25UJEbifEejpYh117APmjYSXdLiJUCAZ
niemivh

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:35:03 PM

If nothing was ever spent or sold, just hoarded then they wouldn't be where they are today.

So in a sense that was your destiny to give them away cheap.

Just glad it wasn't my destiny. 

Wink

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
eturnerx

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 10:10:57 AM

I'm about to hit my first hoarding goal - past that I start to cash bitcoins for fiat to start paying for IRL things. Why have money if you're never going to spend it. I have a few IRL spending things to get then I have a stage two hoarding goal, then more IRL spending.... gotta balance the present desires vs an uncertain future.

WatchMine - get Bitcoin prices and pool stats on your Mobile
silverback

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:05:52 AM

Don't beat yourself up, OP. Life is too short. At the time you spent your bitcoins it was a good deal. Back then any of us could have bought thousands of bitcoins. But not many of us did. If you are lucky btc could keep increasing in value and you could still come out in front.

Remember, it could be worse. There was a thread yesterday about how many bitcoins have been lost. When I first started reading I thought it would be quite light hearted. But there were stories of ordinary dudes who lost fortunes by making slight errors. Instead of coming away as lottery winners, they ended up empty handed. Damn that must suck. I came away feeling pretty bad for them.
tonto

Activity: 670

BubblesBit.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 03:48:29 PM

I'm one of those guys that downloaded the client I think about 6 months ago, clicked "generate coins" and got frustrated when nothing happened.  I uninstalled it cause it was dragging down my cpu.   Tongue

Me too.  Undecided

I very nearly did that exact same thing (uninstall), but I happened to catch something about GPU mining and  remembered that I had bought an HD 5770 two months ago for a little present to myself for some gaming.  So now I'm sitting on 14 coins Wink

I'm rich!  haha, j/k.  I actually put in a trade today for 11 coins for some cash for myself and to buy another 5770 to double (hopefully) my mining production.   I did buy like 5 of them a couple weeks ago when I first learned about trading, and have doubled my investment, so anything further I'll consider "play money".  If I can get enough coins I may trade in for some 6990s in a few months

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.