Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin. Gold. Who has used any of the existing services successfully?  (Read 1335 times)
LordGreynick (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 05:42:10 PM

Hey all, just wanted who had used any of the BTC to gold (whether it be buying bullion or purchasing coins) here?

IE who has used them successfully

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:04:17 PM

you can check in my feedback thread for ppl who bought from me.
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:15:30 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2012, 06:42:11 PM by LordGreynick

could you give me a brief run down on how you sell gold etc?

if i wanted to buy quantities above $5000 USD or sell to you at those quantities for example ..

how would i get delivery if i was buying say, gold?

are you able to give some examples? i'm fascinated

also, what justifications do you operate out of? are transactions completely insured? ie if i buy $5k worth of gold in BTC and it doesn't show up and I purchased insurance, am I protected in <what jurisdiction >
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:49:15 PM

if i wanted to buy quantities above $5000 USD or sell to you at those quantities for example ..

also, what justifications do you operate out of? are transactions completely insured? ie if i buy $5k worth of gold in BTC and it doesn't show up and I purchased insurance, am I protected in <what justification >

you mean jurisdiction?
it all depends.

I am in Europe - if you are buying from outside of Europe, I cannot insure precious metals with a value over 500€ (that is a rule that, sadly, all postal services have... Hermes, DHL, FedEx, UPS... all of them). So if you are in the US, Asia, Australia... we need to split shipments up into pieces of 500€ and send separately. If you were to buy a HUGELY INSANE amount of Gold (say, a couple of 10k worth) we could arrange vor international courier (costly!).

If you are in Europe, I can insure up to 25000€ via "Wertbrief" ("valuable letter").
Since beginning of last year, two shipments have gone lost (none above €600 so far) and I've always been able to recoup the loss and send again.

I always send registered and insured, if it is your express wish, I can require a signature upon receipt.

The process works as follows:
You log into bitcoincommodities.com, fill your cart with as much stuff as you want, click "checkout" and pay to the BTC adress in your sig.
As soon as the payment is verified, you'll be sure to receive your goods soon-ish (All my stuff is in a local bank's safe, which I only get to once a week, Thursday or Friday).

I hope this answers all your questions :-D

Cheers
2weiX

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:57:18 PM

also, what justifications do you operate out of? are transactions completely insured? ie if i buy $5k worth of gold in BTC and it doesn't show up and I purchased insurance, am I protected in <what justification >

you mean jurisdiction?
it all depends.

I am in Europe - if you are buying from outside of Europe, I cannot insure precious metals with a value over 500€ (that is a rule that, sadly, all postal services have... Hermes, DHL, FedEx, UPS... all of them). So if you are in the US, Asia, Australia... we need to split shipments up into pieces of 500€ and send separately. If you were to buy a HUGELY INSANE amount of Gold (say, a couple of 10k worth) we could arrange vor international courier (costly!).

If you are in Europe, I can insure up to 25000€ via "Wertbrief" ("valuable letter").
Since beginning of last year, two shipments have gone lost (none above €600 so far) and I've always been able to recoup the loss and send again.

I always send registered and insured, if it is your express wish, I can require a signature upon receipt.

You log into bitcoincommodities.com, fill your cart with as much stuff as you want, click "checkout" and pay to the BTC adress in your sig.
As soon as the payment is verified, you'll be sure to receive your goods soon-ish (All my stuff is in a local bank's safe, which I only get to once a week, Thursday or Friday).

Cheers
2weiX

Yes sorry meant "jurisdiction" - spell checker gets a bit over zealous at times.

Thanks for all the information. I shall be in touch shortly.

Kind regards

PS when you say "soonish" - could you please mention an indicative time frame?

ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 07:19:03 PM

also, what justifications do you operate out of? are transactions completely insured? ie if i buy $5k worth of gold in BTC and it doesn't show up and I purchased insurance, am I protected in <what jurisdiction >

Wow you have lots of money for gold Wink
LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:20:24 PM

Wow you have lots of money for gold Wink

I have an interest in a hedge fund that invests into anything that can make a good return for our investors.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:11:36 PM

Incidentally, a list of sellers:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Precious_.26_Base_Metals.2FCoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

LordGreynick (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:26:26 PM

thank you for this Smiley

i'd like to know specific success stories, or if anyone has had issues with any providers

Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 01:40:09 AM

Hi!

We have testimonies all over the forums. We also have a page on our website here: http://coinabul.com/index.php/testimonials-about-coinabul-bitcoin-gold-and-silver-marketplace

We ship internationally and have a huge catalog of items you can purchase!

The only issues our customers have had with us, is shipping delays. Since we're able to handle tens of thousands of dollars worth of orders, we occasionally get banking delays. We've had some orders take three weeks to reach their destination.

Luckily we've sorted through the delays. So new orders should ship out much faster!

If you want a coupon for the site, send me a MSG!

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:21:13 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 06:55:14 AM by 2weiX

you mean jurisdiction?
it all depends.

Cheers
2weiX

Yes sorry meant "jurisdiction" - spell checker gets a bit over zealous at times.

Thanks for all the information. I shall be in touch shortly.

Kind regards

PS when you say "soonish" - could you please mention an indicative time frame?

There have been orders to Canada and the US that took a week or two, and I had orders take five weeks due to customs (that is not something I can influence). As tracking is always supplied, you will always know where your metals are.

edit:

I can now ship to anywhere in the world for up to 25k€ (5400BTC atm).
Fees may be dependent on size, and weight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: