Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 12:19:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are still early adopters  (Read 6306 times)
scryptolife

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:09:43 PM

Bitcoin isn't internet. Internet is something that has no alternative. We can currently pay in fiat and I am quite sure that we will be able to do that in 2100. I don't think Bitcoin will ever replace fiat. Governments simply has so much power.

Bitcoin is non-inflatory. That allows it to be used as a storage of value. It will be safe heaven for investors and it's volatility will be used to gain wealth. These reasons could tempt new investors in and that way increase Bitcoins market cap. If we see inflation as a way to move money from poor peoples pocket to rich peoples then the rich are fine with fiat and the rest of the world are fine with it as well.

Neither of these scenarios will lead to higher adoption but higher value only.
cesckat

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Verba volant, bits persist.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:58:33 PM

What OP said is very clear and makes me remember and smile  Grin

Of course 5 years after the Internet first appearance, it was nothing important. But think about where we are now.
As well, some people don't know what we really have with bitcoin. We have freedom, decentralization and open-source economy concept. That's very powerful!

HODL!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

Of course 5 years after the Internet first appearance, it was nothing important. But think about where we are now.
As well, some people don't know what we really have with bitcoin. We have freedom, decentralization and open-source economy concept. That's very powerful!

Bitcoin is only in the beginning. Just wait for the next growth phase, many will be surprised. Patience is a virtue!!
scryptolife

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Bitcoin is only in the beginning. Just wait for the next growth phase, many will be surprised. Patience is a virtue!!
Yes, patience. If we watch how people are selling on every low. This is the resource so many seem to lack.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:13:45 AM

Bitcoin isn't internet. Internet is something that has no alternative. We can currently pay in fiat and I am quite sure that we will be able to do that in 2100. I don't think Bitcoin will ever replace fiat. Governments simply has so much power.

Bitcoin is non-inflatory. That allows it to be used as a storage of value. It will be safe heaven for investors and it's volatility will be used to gain wealth. These reasons could tempt new investors in and that way increase Bitcoins market cap. If we see inflation as a way to move money from poor peoples pocket to rich peoples then the rich are fine with fiat and the rest of the world are fine with it as well.

Adoption with come with marketing. Marketing is everything specially these days. Make it trendy among young people and bang, bitcoin everywhere.
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:32:51 AM

Bitcoin isn't internet. Internet is something that has no alternative.

Bitcoin share with Internet its decentralized nature.

Moreover, why do you think Internet has no alternative?
Depending on the use you make with Internet, the alternatives could be TVs, Books, Phones, ect.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
scryptolife

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 11:47:27 AM by scryptolife

Adoption with come with marketing. Marketing is everything specially these days. Make it trendy among young people and bang, bitcoin everywhere.
But I think fiat has better marketing. It has central banks behind and those define what is money and what isn't. They have almost unlimited resources for marketing and majority of people still trust these institutions. Ofcourse what we doing here is also marketing. Time will show how it turns out.
scryptolife

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:45:35 AM

Depending on the use you make with Internet, the alternatives could be TVs, Books, Phones, ect.
These can only allow a part of what internet does. TVs, books and phones can't offer a foundation for a usage of digital currency as it is used today. They offer an alternative for a specific usage of internet. With digital currency I mean both fiat and crypto.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:16:44 PM

true once, but I prefer to learn via the Internet. because now do not have to cost a fortune to access the internet.
as cheap as the price of your cigarettes.
need a willingness to learn, complaining will not help
djokica

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:47:59 AM

They dont need to.
It will be more like you want pay in fiat or crypto.
bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Patience is always a virtue.
Its like something that you are waiting for patiently to come and then you grab it.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:51:46 AM

Modern kids forgot that 20 year ago you didnt find solution for mathematics or some other subject on net.
We all went to libraries and additional classes.

I still love to watch some good TV show or to read a book.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:58:53 PM

Modern kids forgot that 20 year ago you didnt find solution for mathematics or some other subject on net.
We all went to libraries and additional classes.

Yes you could, but you REALLY had to know how to use search engines, or software like Gopher and Archie. Typically you'd not be looking for dumbed down wikis, but actual papers in individual academics FTPs. Academia used the internet heavily from the get go, it was one of the things you could find.  Before spam and the Eternal September, newsgroups contained pretty much solely professional and academic discussion, and were a good resource, becoming less so further into the 90s.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Mewtwo

Activity: 238

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:18:18 PM

Interesting stats. Smiley

sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:37:30 PM

If you say based on percentage
We still early adopter

Maybe we have to wait 20 years to see most people adopt bitcoin  Cheesy

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:57:12 PM

If you are rich already thanks to BTC you are a very very early
If you are not, you have to drop a couple verys.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 03:19:33 PM

"We are the lunatic fringe adopters. Early adopters come later."
-Andreas Antonopolous.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bajlox

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

We still early adopter

You think 20 years more like 10 and we will be purchasing anything on net with it it will became try net currency by my opinion.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

We still early adopter

I was actually shocked when some one told me how many people actually own Bitcoin.

Was thinking in the range of a few million people, but it's only a few hundred thousand.

There is so much room for growth, something tells me the next few years will be huge.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:45:49 PM

We still early adopter

I was actually shocked when some one told me how many people actually own Bitcoin.

Was thinking in the range of a few million people, but it's only a few hundred thousand.

There is so much room for growth, something tells me the next few years will be huge.

It's not so strange, Cryptocurrency is miles ahead of evolution, an evolution to a decentralized world and fair monetary system. The blockchain is another miracle, which can be used for all digital processes, the advantages of the protocoll will only increase, we'll see a bright crypto future, the question is will it be bitcoin or another?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: