Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you plan to get out of bitcoin in the next 3 months with at least 70% of your holdings if you see no price increase?
Yes. - 22 (13.6%)
No. - 124 (76.5%)
Not decided yet. - 16 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 162

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you plan to get out of bitcoin?  (Read 5672 times)
abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:53:40 AM

Exhibit A: The psychology of an idiot

I don't give a fuck about the price. The concept of bitcoin is just so damn cool. I don't care whether it's actually useful to anyone or not. I just love the name 'bitcoin'. I'll pay anything to own a bitcoin, I don't care!!! Who cares, it's only money!! Not like it's useful for anything else. If I have bitcoin, who needs money anyway! Bitcoin is better than money, even though nobody accepts it. It's just because they're uneducated and they don't understand its worth $10,000 even though the market price is $10. I don't care what other people think, they're wrong!! In 100 years I'll still own my bitcoin - that's all that matters! Even if it goes to $10, I'll still hold.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:57:11 AM

Already out. The bubble has burst
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:00:48 AM

Already out. The bubble has burst

Which one?

So many Bitcoin bubbles.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:21:23 AM

I don't give a fuck about the price. The concept of bitcoin is just so damn cool. I don't care whether it's actually useful to anyone or not. I just love the name 'bitcoin'. I'll pay anything to own a bitcoin, I don't care!!! Who cares, it's only money!! Not like it's useful for anything else. If I have bitcoin, who needs money anyway! Bitcoin is better than money, even though nobody accepts it. It's just because they're uneducated and they don't understand its worth $10,000 even though the market price is $10. I don't care what other people think, they're wrong!! In 100 years I'll still own my bitcoin - that's all that matters! Even if it goes to $10, I'll still hold.

How kind of you to share your personal outlook. 
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:49:41 AM

Why would I want to get out of bitcoin?
I just got into it after so much effort.  Grin
g27wr

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:37:17 AM

I'm a long term holder and I see no reason to get out. If you're here to convert to fiat one day after making a large profit, I think you're missing the overall point of Bitcoin.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

It really amazes me, when i look at a few hundred euro bills i don't feel anything special. Because i know that someone else can print as much of them as he wants.

No excitement when i get a few euros on my paypal acc. But on the other hand, explosions when i get a few bits in my wallet - lol.
Bad Uncle

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:31:39 PM

I have no idea what I plan to do. I'd probably sell half of my stash if the coins reached a handsome price. I'd like to keep some just in case the price doubled or tripled again in the future. Only time will tell.
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:09:46 PM

I have no idea what I plan to do.

Food for thought.

(SSS) - A Sane and Simple bitcoin Savings plan
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:01:58 PM

The thing is Bitcoin is an adventure unlike any other. Money and social interactions are almost mutually exclusive and Bitcoin manages to bring people from these two worlds together.
This is reinforced by the fact that a lot of 'common people' have made decent money with Bitcoin, money they probably couldn't dream of having in the real world. I think this unusual bond is likely to last longer than skeptics claim.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:16:41 PM

I already out but I plan go "go in" again Wink

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:20:39 PM

I'll only trade bitcoin for goods and services, never for paper money.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:23:02 PM

no

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:29:38 PM

Yeah so the early adopters in 2009 who grasped the idea, mined the coins, bought coins in the early years which had no economic purpose whatsoever were idiots.

The people who bought bitcoins when they were 10$, such idiots!

I am guessing everyone who has accrued any wealth is an idiot!

Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:38:10 PM

I'd probably sell a load if the price skyrocketed but I'd rather bitcoin have slow growth so I can spend them on things rather than sell them for fiat.

Bow down, bitches.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:42:26 PM

Yeah so the early adopters in 2009 who grasped the idea, mined the coins, bought coins in the early years which had no economic purpose whatsoever were idiots.

The people who bought bitcoins when they were 10$, such idiots!

I am guessing everyone who has accrued any wealth is an idiot!

The early adopters are smart. The early adopters are not on, here, though unless they are just bored. Yes, getting in on the first major digital currency in its infancy, even if that digital currency carries on, is replaced, or is stifled by regulation and outside forces, was very smart. I don't think that is relevant to the present day, though. In the present day, there are two major questions: (1) How much of the price run-up was bubble froth and how much of it was "true" (for lack of a better word); and (2) Will there be another (or other) demand spike events/will the user base increase in a punctuated equilibrium fashion -- stagnate, stagnate, stagnate, boom, stagnate, stagnate, stagnate, boom... etc.

I've heard decent arguments in either direction... but then I've heard even more just crazy $10000000000 coin madness.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:45:59 PM

no
but i m planning to increase my holding for next few months
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:25:15 PM

The early adopters are smart. The early adopters are not on, here, though unless they are just bored. Yes, getting in on the first major digital currency in its infancy, even if that digital currency carries on, is replaced, or is stifled by regulation and outside forces, was very smart. I don't think that is relevant to the present day, though. In the present day, there are two major questions: (1) How much of the price run-up was bubble froth and how much of it was "true" (for lack of a better word); and (2) Will there be another (or other) demand spike events/will the user base increase in a punctuated equilibrium fashion -- stagnate, stagnate, stagnate, boom, stagnate, stagnate, stagnate, boom... etc.

I've heard decent arguments in either direction... but then I've heard even more just crazy $10000000000 coin madness.

The early adopters went through the exact same thought process you and I did when we first discovered bitcoin. Just earlier Smiley

Nothing has changed with bitcoin since then except that it's now far more likely to succeed, which is reflected in its exchange price.

If it continues to be used as a investment medium, if user adoption continues in fits and starts then the price has to rise further. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but it is worth a sizeable punt Smiley

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:04:27 PM

The early adopters went through the exact same thought process you and I did when we first discovered bitcoin. Just earlier Smiley

Nothing has changed with bitcoin since then except that it's now far more likely to succeed, which is reflected in its exchange price.

If it continues to be used as a investment medium, if user adoption continues in fits and starts then the price has to rise further. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but it is worth a sizeable punt Smiley

I suspect plenty of early adopters sold at the wrong time and failed to buy back in at the right time. I head Jed McCaleb sold a load of bitcoins to Mark Karpeles for a dollar each when he sold Mt. Gox to him, although he still holds a 12 percent stake of shares in the company.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:39:31 PM

No because i don't much of it, but if I had a LOT, it would take way too many balls to simply sit back and relax and see what happens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: