Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next sudden volume increase: Bitstamp  (Read 4127 times)
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:51:40 AM

Bitstamp, a nice solid exchange located in europe was having a solid steady growth. recently this happened:

apparently some bitcoiners are switching to this exchange. i can understand why. very low fees and good legal standing in europe. what is still missing is some more market depth.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 09:00:30 AM

what is still missing is some more market depth.

The depth is deceptive.  Despite the apparent lack of depth, earlier today Bitstamp sold over $50k of Bitcoins. I think of today as a test for Bitstamp and they came through with flying colors.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:02:10 AM

i'm seeing different volume at bitcoincharts

although it's still kind of huge
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:13:10 AM

my graph is in USD volume yours in BTC
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 09:36:27 AM

Bitstamp is a great exchange, it deserves some more volume. Hopefully this will attract more liquidity to Bitstamp.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
bitdragon

Activity: 609

peace

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 09:43:07 AM

I will be bringing some humble liquidity there shortly Smiley

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:12:48 AM

There was a sudden askwall of 9k BTC at $5.90. People rushed in to eat it Smiley

But seriously, it's a nice exchange, I like it a lot.

EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:15:56 PM

I think BitStamp is a good choice for traders in Europe. For those in the US, I think BitFloor is a better option. The reason is how easy or difficult it is to send fiat currency to these exchanges. BitStamp offer SEPA for both deposits and withdrawals. BitFloor offers ING Direct P2P and PopMoney for deposits and ACH transfers for withdrawals.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
BTCurious

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:57:14 PM

I think BitStamp is a good choice for traders in Europe. For those in the US, I think BitFloor is a better option. The reason is how easy or difficult it is to send fiat currency to these exchanges. BitStamp offer SEPA for both deposits and withdrawals. BitFloor offers ING Direct P2P and PopMoney for deposits and ACH transfers for withdrawals.
Agreed, BitStamp is mainly a European market, even though it's listed in dollars. It has reasonably good connections with the USD market though, via mtgox coupon codes for example.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:23:20 PM

I have heard that bitcoin SEPA deposits and withdrawals take something like 1-2 days. That is awesome and requires mention.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:30:34 PM

I just wish Bitfloor had more volume...!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:59:52 PM

Chicken... meet egg.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BTCurious

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:08:32 PM

I have heard that bitcoin SEPA deposits and withdrawals take something like 1-2 days. That is awesome and requires mention.
This is true Smiley Except on mtgox, there they take 10 days or so.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:23:55 AM

Chicken... meet egg.
Chicken, egg, meet bootstrap. Now fly!
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:34:02 AM

Chicken... meet egg.

Chickens don't have the proper physiology to fly more than a few feet.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:41:58 AM

Chicken... meet egg.

They need to fly by "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps"... its the joke from which the term "bootstrap" as a verb originates.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 02:43:45 AM

Chicken... meet egg.

They need to fly by "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps"... its the joke from which the term "bootstrap" as a verb originates.

Still, your proposing a very unsatisfactory trajectory for BitFloor if you you want to fly like a chicken.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:26:42 AM

Chicken... meet egg.

Still, your proposing a very unsatisfactory trajectory for BitFloor if you you want to fly like a chicken.
It is a very satisfactory trajectory for BitFloor.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 03:51:02 AM

Is bitstamp USD only? It says it offers Euro and GBP withdrawals too?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:10:45 AM

I'm going to give bitfloor a shot, despite the terrible bid wall (or rather, 5% grade).  We'll see what happens.  I do like that they allow free direct withdrawals to ACH.  That's worth dealing with poor volume right there, rather than having to wait 20+ days to see my money after selling it through Gox.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: