Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BIB.BVPS - Invest in BitVPS through GLBSE - BIB depositary receipts  (Read 8467 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:50:12 PM

Well I released an answer today, same day it was posted. I can't be around 24/7 unfortunately. brendio will be able to claim the shares once we get a list one month from now, as announced by MPEx.
What is the point of waiting for a month? Halt the trading now, get the shareholders list and move BitVPS out form muppet popesku bazaar for good.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:55:22 PM

So we wait another month - lovely...

The symbol isn't locked, shares can be traded freely as it is.

Trading BIB.BVPS on GLBSE?!?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:13:17 PM

So we wait another month - lovely...

The symbol isn't locked, shares can be traded freely as it is.

Trading BIB.BVPS on GLBSE?!?

Oh, oops. Right you are.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 03:05:13 PM

What is going on with this?

Are people who had shares on GLBSE going to receive shares on BTCT?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 03:19:42 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 06:26:04 AM by usagi

I had something like 33,848 shares.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 03:40:40 PM

We should be getting an e-mail from BTC-TC with our user/pass and PIN.  Haven't seen it yet...

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:13:21 PM

There's two seperate securities.

BitVPS itself - this is relisted on BTC.CO now (by namworld, one of the new owners).  Only way you'll get shares in that in the immediate future is if you held shares in the original BitVPS on MPEx - and you'll have to present namworld with the GPG signed statement of ownership to do that.

This pass-through this thread is for was listed on GLBSE.  Namworld has no way of knowing who had shares in it - only brendio would know that (if he got the list from nefario).  For you to get shares in namworld's listing on BTC.CO a few things would need to happen:

1.  Brendio prove to Namworld ownership of the underlieing MPEx shares and be allocated shares in namworld's new IPO.
2.  Brendio decide to close the pass-through and transfer to you namworld's shares equivalent to your holding in it.

Whether he'll do that or not I have no idea - but you definitely WON'T be getting auto emails from BTC.CO any time soon.  And you won't get anything at all unless brendio shows up - namworld has no idea who owned shares in the pass-through and wouldn't be expected to do anything about it anyway unless/until brendio shows proof that he actually held BitVPS shares on MPEx (if brendio was selling naked shares then that's in no way the problem of namworld - as the pass-through is only a contract between investors and brendio with BitVPS uninvolved other than some of their shares being held to back the issue).
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Ah, thanks Deprived.

Brendio will indeed need to sign a statement with the key associated to his share. He will be given share on BTCT.co upon doing this. Until then, I can't currently know if he has any shares at all.

He may then transfer those to your BTCT.co account. We don't know of GLBSE accounts ourselves.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:55:50 PM

There's two seperate securities.

BitVPS itself - this is relisted on BTC.CO now (by namworld, one of the new owners).  Only way you'll get shares in that in the immediate future is if you held shares in the original BitVPS on MPEx - and you'll have to present namworld with the GPG signed statement of ownership to do that.

This pass-through this thread is for was listed on GLBSE.  Namworld has no way of knowing who had shares in it - only brendio would know that (if he got the list from nefario).  For you to get shares in namworld's listing on BTC.CO a few things would need to happen:

1.  Brendio prove to Namworld ownership of the underlieing MPEx shares and be allocated shares in namworld's new IPO.
2.  Brendio decide to close the pass-through and transfer to you namworld's shares equivalent to your holding in it.

Whether he'll do that or not I have no idea - but you definitely WON'T be getting auto emails from BTC.CO any time soon.  And you won't get anything at all unless brendio shows up - namworld has no idea who owned shares in the pass-through and wouldn't be expected to do anything about it anyway unless/until brendio shows proof that he actually held BitVPS shares on MPEx (if brendio was selling naked shares then that's in no way the problem of namworld - as the pass-through is only a contract between investors and brendio with BitVPS uninvolved other than some of their shares being held to back the issue).

Thanks, that is kinda what I thought was going on.

Brendio: Could you give an update? Seems that the simplest thing to do would be to claim the shares from MPEx/BTCT and just transfer each pass-through holder shares on BTCT? There is not really any reason to continue the pass-through now that the underlying security is moved from MPEx to BTCT.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 01:46:53 PM

Any update here?

usagi
VIP

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 02:22:02 PM

Any update here?

I actually just sent him an e-mail. He is active on his social accounts, but not here in bitcoinland. We'll see.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 02:22:32 PM

He has claimed his shares according to Namworld.
So, when can this be cleared up?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:54:42 PM

I just checked my records. I had 33,848 shares, At last traded price, right now on BTC-TC, that's worth 148.9 BTC.

As you know I need that money back very badly to pay back NYAN.A investors. I would of course make the entire payment immediately upon receipt. I am sure you and other NYAN.A investors would love that.

You will be happy to know that brendio replied to me today and told me he has been busy because his home was hit by several tornadoes and there was a lot of flooding so he has been cleaning mud out of people's houses. So at least he is still around. he told me he would write a multipayment script and work out how to transfer shares on BTC-TC.

I am so happy i can get those shares, it means another big payment will be made on NYAN.A soon.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:36:49 AM

I just checked my records. I had 33,848 shares, At last traded price, right now on BTC-TC, that's worth 148.9 BTC.

As you know I need that money back very badly to pay back NYAN.A investors. I would of course make the entire payment immediately upon receipt. I am sure you and other NYAN.A investors would love that.

You will be happy to know that brendio replied to me today and told me he has been busy because his home was hit by several tornadoes and there was a lot of flooding so he has been cleaning mud out of people's houses. So at least he is still around. he told me he would write a multipayment script and work out how to transfer shares on BTC-TC.

I am so happy i can get those shares, it means another big payment will be made on NYAN.A soon.

How's the mud business? It's March now and still nothing.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:44:49 AM

Anybody heard from Brendio? Could Namworld give any information on the status of this situation?

usagi
VIP

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:27:28 AM

Anybody heard from Brendio? Could Namworld give any information on the status of this situation?

Burnside should probably lock brendio's account. I asked him to do this a couple of weeks ago but he just told me to talk to namworld about it :/
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:41:16 AM

His shares remains untouched until now.

Seems he hasn't done anything with it.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

Burnside should probably lock brendio's account. I asked him to do this a couple of weeks ago but he just told me to talk to namworld about it :/

I is better to do something to stop him running off with the money before he tries to do so ...

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 10:53:37 PM

I is better to do something to stop him running off with the money before he tries to do so ...

The problem is that to lock his account I'd also have to lock him out of all of his shares on other assets.  Plus even if he put up all the shares for sale, there's not enough bids up to gain much.  Historically he's been fairly responsible, so it was decided to ask Brendio if we could just get a copy of the shareholder list so that we could transition shares around as necessary on his behalf.  It gives him an easy (no work on his part) way out.

Cheers.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:57:26 PM

so what exactly is the latest as i kinda want to know what is happening with my shares
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: