Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paycoin HashStaker WTF is it?  (Read 1729 times)
Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Theycall it the HashStaker - The World’s First Cloud Staking Wallet.

I do not totally get the new service, is it any good like the start of the hashlets that we sold for 50 dollars
Discuss...

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmumich

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:17:03 PM

Stay away from it, it is almost certainly a scam.  GAW appears to be running quite the Ponzi scheme.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:34:26 AM

Stay away from it, it is almost certainly a scam.  GAW appears to be running quite the Ponzi scheme.
And what made you so certain, did they scam you?

MAGsistemas

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:26:04 AM

I fully agree.

They already scammed with Hashlets, and I'm sure they will scam with HashStakers too.

Hashlets:

They claim they are mining, but they are not mining, So the fees to cover "electricity and repair" are the scam. The proof they are not hashing is the bitcoin blockchain (or another cryptocurrency blockchain). They never could show in the blockchain they are hashing, usually they send a picture of a mining farm, haha!

They promised Hashlets will ever be profitable, but last week they made negative payouts. Also, the value of hashlets are dropping in the market, because people are realizing that payments are decreasing and never will have the money back.

HashStakers:

They are using the name Paycoin, but Paycoin already exist. Based on "Gnome" case (Gnome Foundation vs Groupon) there is a high risk of legal problems, because no matter it is not registered trademark, "Paycoin" is a pre-existent "Art" for the law.

With Hashlets and Hashstakers, it is evident that they are borrowing capital from their customers invoking cryptocurrencies to seduce cryptocoin community, but there is nothing related with cryptocurrencies here. They are not mining, and the coin they use to stake is not descentralized, does not have a public trackable blockchain, and you cannot have your own wallet.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:08:41 PM

Hashlets:

They claim they are mining, but they are not mining, So the fees to cover "electricity and repair" are the scam. The proof they are not hashing is the bitcoin blockchain (or another cryptocurrency blockchain). They never could show in the blockchain they are hashing, usually they send a picture of a mining farm, haha!

They promised Hashlets will ever be profitable, but last week they made negative payouts. Also, the value of hashlets are dropping in the market, because people are realizing that payments are decreasing and never will have the money back.

Not true.

They claim they are mining because they are. They showed their s3/s4 data center and the seler confirmed that they bought 5PH from them.
The hashlets themselves are not mining. They are just an aplication that calculates your income based on the pool of your choice. The fees are to pay for the electricity used by real hardware miners.

The negative payouts were a bug and nobody ever had to pay for running a hashlet. If you have a bug just contact the support and they will make it right. Always profitable means they will always earn you a few cents, and the fees will never be higher than the payouts.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

Stay away from it, it is almost certainly a scam.  GAW appears to be running quite the Ponzi scheme.

No, this list of lies make clever persons certain:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875487.0

MAGsistemas

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:50:40 PM

They showed their s3/s4 data center and the seler confirmed that they bought 5PH from them.

I have a car in the parking and of course my seller can confirm that I bought it.
Is this mean that I am driving and consuming fuel ?
Good try   Grin

We are talking about cryptos ! The only valid proof is the blockchain (block mined, payment address)
There is no evidence that they are running a significative mining operation.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

Theycall it the HashStaker - The World’s First Cloud Staking Wallet.

I do not totally get the new service, is it any good like the start of the hashlets that we sold for 50 dollars
Discuss...

You're not alone, I don't get it fully myself yet. It seems a tad confusing with the "slots" part.  I'm not 100% sure yet, but it looks like you buy a wallet that will hold x amount of coins. Over time, those coins stake and in theory present a return. The rate at which coins earn a stake hasn't been determine yet as far as I can tell.

I'm keeping an eye on it though, I think if they can get Paycoin to gain traction, it might go someplace. I still have hopes for Stellar, it's too bad that Gaw chose to develop a new coin rather than find a good alt-coin already out there and partner up with that team.  Maybe darkcoin or stellar would have been a better pairing. You have to hand it to gaw though for a massive marketing campaign.

How much is hype and how much is a real investment opportunity with hashtaker?  Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:17:21 PM

Stay away from it, it is almost certainly a scam.  GAW appears to be running quite the Ponzi scheme.

No, this list of lies make clever persons certain:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875487.0

NO  Roll Eyes That's what I thought. So you're running from a topic to a topic calling them scammers, but they didn't scam you.
That's all I wanted to know.

I have a car in the parking and of course my seller can confirm that I bought it.
Is this mean that I am driving and consuming fuel ?
Good try   Grin

A miner is not a car. If you buy it and don't use it you're quickly losing money. Antminers S4 are one of the newest and most expensive units on the market, there's no way they'd buy it just to show the photo.

Zeta0S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:40:00 PM

I fully agree.

They already scammed with Hashlets, and I'm sure they will scam with HashStakers too.

Hashlets:

HashStakers:

They are using the name Paycoin, but Paycoin already exist. Based on "Gnome" case (Gnome Foundation vs Groupon) there is a high risk of legal problems, because no matter it is not registered trademark, "Paycoin" is a pre-existent "Art" for the law.

With Hashlets and Hashstakers, it is evident that they are borrowing capital from their customers invoking cryptocurrencies to seduce cryptocoin community, but there is nothing related with cryptocurrencies here. They are not mining, and the coin they use to stake is not descentralized, does not have a public trackable blockchain, and you cannot have your own wallet.

Ponzi scheme?

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
MAGsistemas

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

A miner is not a car. If you buy it and don't use it you're quickly losing money. Antminers S4 are one of the newest and most expensive units on the market, there's no way they'd buy it just to show the photo.

I'm afraid you are very naive...
They no need to bother with hardware, power supply, conditioned air, if there are people who is giving them a lot of money with an illusion to be mining cryptocoins.
Suppose you buy these Antminers, and I offer to you to pay a high daily maintenance fee (like you are using them), about the 75% of the usual bitcoin payout, and you only must to pay me 25%. All you need is take my money, and give me a small portion of my own money in return. You don't need to power on any miner. The miners are simply marketing costs.
Please, think... when the "cloud mining" concept appears?
Yes. When mining became less profitable.

But I insist: It is very simple. If they are mining, they must disclose the pools, blocks found and wallet address where payments went. Period.

WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

You buy the coins ($4 or magically overnight $20) then you PAY THEM TO STAKE YOUR COINS. So, not only do you buy their coin, you actually pay them for interest on the coin. Prices right now are $10 for 1 coin staked over 3 months. Hey, might as well because they're 5xing your money overnight right? I know tons of banks where you pay them to not only buy money but to also hold your money. It's just a winning age old dynamic  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: