Terminated.

View Profile WWW
ROR
December 01, 2014, 08:34:04 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 12:12:05 PM by Lauda

--- removed on request ---

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
4ever

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:51:40 PM

I've just recently read about a Bitcoin party in Disney World that happened (source: http://gawker.com/magical-thinking-bitcoin-gathers-at-disney-1644521971/+ericlimer).
Was anyone even here? Are the people related to Gawker really that negative about Bitcoin?
Here's a quote:
The technology behind bitcoin is really cool but I still haven't seen a good argument for WHY it should replace the dollar other than maybe it COULD replace the dollar.

Wasn't this community clear enough of the benefits of Bitcoin? Are these Americans (not all of them obviously) this ignorant?

If it was something big, then it would have been in the news. Looks like it was a gawker party or something.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:06:55 PM

It was kind of amusing actually.

Came across more as bemused onlooker rather  than relentlessly negging hater.

And the con was titled "Magic internet money in the magical kingdom" so any reference in that regard was no more demeaning than the organisers made it. (Only us people can use that phrase!  Tongue )

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:54:25 PM

It was probably not official, some 3rd party stuff.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 12:24:18 AM

I've just recently read about a Bitcoin party in Disney World that happened (source: http://gawker.com/magical-thinking-bitcoin-gathers-at-disney-1644521971/+ericlimer).
Was anyone even here? Are the people related to Gawker really that negative about Bitcoin?
Here's a quote:
The technology behind bitcoin is really cool but I still haven't seen a good argument for WHY it should replace the dollar other than maybe it COULD replace the dollar.

Wasn't this community clear enough of the benefits of Bitcoin? Are these Americans (not all of them obviously) this ignorant?

Yes,  in fact (not all of them Obviously) we are. But its not just "Americans" Its all of us as Humans. 

Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:56:16 AM

Gawker and all their magazines have a PC-liberal political agenda, and Bitcoin doesn't fit. The first comment summarizes their attitude: "It's all just some kind of masturbatory fantasy that only a techno-libertarian moron could love."
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:00:33 AM

By the way, the Disney event chronicled in the article took place 2 months ago. Not only the Gawker writer utters BS, but old BS:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-wedding-marriage-on-the-blockchain/

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:52:40 AM

Keep in mind that people explaining things are ignorant as well. Sometimes it's hard to explain things in such a way that others will see them in the same light. When I try to explain cryptos I get met with blank stares or "oh, imaginary money." Nobody wants to believe that the cash we use right now is also basically digital (in that there is more debt than there is money). And others want to know exactly how it works, and then as soon as you start to explain they give up because it's too difficult to explain the hashing procedures and such.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 01:45:40 PM

Here's a quote:

The quote itself actually has a valid argument. If i can still use paper money on whatever i need to buy.... then by all means give me a good reason on why do i need to move towards complexity adopting use of a digital currency? Even though they may not realize paper money value is devalueing but as i said most people don't go to the extent of thinking or worrying so much.

jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:54:54 PM

Awww man i love disney world. When am I gonna get to go to one of these things.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
james martin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:05:34 PM

The volatile rise-and-fall of Bitcoin has prompted lots of stories explaining why the online virtual currency is a classic bubble.The technicalities of the Bitcoin system are complex, but to make this online currency more successful than previous versions, the designers overcame two key challenges. First, to prevent counterfeiting, they attached a history of transactions to each currency unit — but allowed users to keep their transactions nearly anonymous. Counterfeiting is hard because fake Bitcoins would need an authenticated history to pass muster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: