Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SATOSHI'S PLACE AD GRID - CHEAP ADVERTISING  (Read 1701 times)
SatPlace (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:08:42 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 02:31:25 PM by SatPlace

Satoshi's Place is an advertisement grid made of 100 blocks, which in turn are made of 100 cells each. The size of each cell is 225 pixels (15 x 15). Every time a cell gets claimed some revenue gets re-invested into more advertising for the site. In turn, the value of the remaining cells increases and so does the value of the site overall. Being early in the game gets you the most benefit because you pay the least, get placed on the top of the page and enjoy the benefits later players bring with their Bitcoin.

At least 20% of total revenue will get reinvested into more promotion for Satoshi's Place. More if needed, depending on effectiveness and popularity (1.7274 BTC invested in promotions today).

That is basically all I can tell about this project right now. It is guaranteed to run for at least a year and if it takes off (a few blocks are claimed completely) I will make sure this site runs for at least 10 years, so you don't have to worry about this disappearing any time soon.

1500-2000 Visitors a day.

If you want to claim your ad spaces now, visit this page.

http://Satoshis.Place/

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Satoshis.Place.Ads
Sobit: https://sobit.us/@SatoshisPlace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SatoshisPlace
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

Pretty nice Idea I like , did you took it from here ? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4585026.stm Grin it's inspiring
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

I built up on that idea a little Wink
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:53:15 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 11:03:58 AM by SatPlace

Only a few FREE ad spaces left, hurry up guys!

Here's the analytics page for today: http://i58.tinypic.com/3ubcy.png IN TWO DAYS!
cesckat

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Verba volant, bits persist.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

Cool idea but IMAO could be better if you improve their usability.
If on the site they're just ads, I don't know why people really need it :s

HODL!
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:08:53 PM

All free advertising spots now claimed. But there's still a ton of cheap space left!
23coins

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

I dont understand, its 1 cell cost 0.006 btc etc or 1 full block cost 0.006 btc?
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:48:50 PM

I like this idea, but why do the cells further down get more and more expensive?

LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:04:51 PM

Could you post a screenshot of Google Analytics etc.? That would be great!
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

I dont understand, its 1 cell cost 0.006 btc etc or 1 full block cost 0.006 btc?

Prices are listed per cell.

I like this idea, but why do the cells further down get more and more expensive?

To encourage early investors.

Could you post a screenshot of Google Analytics etc.? That would be great!

Here you go -

Yesterday 1:
http://postimg.org/image/k0tk40o95/

Yesterday 2:
http://postimg.org/image/6y0s9j7zx/

Today:
http://postimg.org/image/i30y7zxjr/
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:33:11 PM

No offense but that is pretty stupid marketing.... Sell the higher up ones for more and the lower ones for less...
Nevertheless, I would like to buy the area beside bitcoinist.net that is priced at .006 btc... Message me and I'll send you the money.

SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:31:30 PM

No offense but that is pretty stupid marketing.... Sell the higher up ones for more and the lower ones for less...
Nevertheless, I would like to buy the area beside bitcoinist.net that is priced at .006 btc... Message me and I'll send you the money.

Everyone is entitled to think differently. I think the rising price idea makes more sense for now.
bitcoinaliens

Activity: 337

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:42:20 PM

Everyone is entitled to think differently. I think the rising price idea makes more sense for now.

Logic makes sense: to reward early birds, sell more earlier, fill the site up, price it as equal to demand... but..

Implementation doesnt make sense: top spots get seen more, or top / central - your highest priced spots are BELOW the fold, i.e. they are not visible straight away... doesnt make sense that they are the higest priced... the locations/pricing should be switched or youll just get to a point where the expensive spots (the ones you really want/need to sell) just wont ever sell.

Bitcoin Banner Advertising - CoinAd, the world's largest bitcoin focused ads network.
DalienGames.com - Earn bitcoin while you play FREE online flash games.
Tubers.tv - Earn bitcoin while you watch ANY video online.
Blockchain Stats - Earn bitcoin while you check the bitcoin and altcoin prices.
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Logic makes sense: to reward early birds, sell more earlier, fill the site up, price it as equal to demand... but..

Implementation doesnt make sense: top spots get seen more, or top / central - your highest priced spots are BELOW the fold, i.e. they are not visible straight away... doesnt make sense that they are the higest priced... the locations/pricing should be switched or youll just get to a point where the expensive spots (the ones you really want/need to sell) just wont ever sell.

So what do you suppose me to do?
bitcoinaliens

Activity: 337

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

So what do you suppose me to do?

Flip it? Expensive ads get premium position?

Or flip it, but you gotta keep promises on position / expectation of people who already invested... so flip/invert remaining?

Or just ALL ads same price (from now on) - better to be full/busy than empty?

Bitcoin Banner Advertising - CoinAd, the world's largest bitcoin focused ads network.
DalienGames.com - Earn bitcoin while you play FREE online flash games.
Tubers.tv - Earn bitcoin while you watch ANY video online.
Blockchain Stats - Earn bitcoin while you check the bitcoin and altcoin prices.
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

Or just ALL ads same price (from now on) - better to be full/busy than empty?

I might consider this possibility sometime in the future.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:38:14 PM

I don't get this.

Why would the most expensive adspace be hidden from the opening page? (you have to scroll to see it)

Rather, the most expensive spaces should be the first seen, followed by the cheaper ones.
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:05:58 PM

I don't get this.

Why would the most expensive adspace be hidden from the opening page? (you have to scroll to see it)

Rather, the most expensive spaces should be the first seen, followed by the cheaper ones.

The site, if successful, should be online for at least ten years. On a 4K display, which will surely be industry standard within 2 years, you won't have to scroll down a bit.

I'll make sure I'll install some kind of faucet on the bottom of the page to make the ads visible for thousands.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:20:09 PM

I don't get this.

The site, if successful, should be online for at least ten years. On a 4K display, which will surely be industry standard within 2 years, you won't have to scroll down a bit.

I'll make sure I'll install some kind of faucet on the bottom of the page to make the ads visible for thousands.

Well then. I guess no one will bid for that most valuable ad slot (or even slightly more expensive ones) until then..
SatPlace (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:12:29 PM

Well then. I guess no one will bid for that most valuable ad slot (or even slightly more expensive ones) until then..

The page will continue to grow organically, trust me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: