Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Forbid In All Country In The World  (Read 2503 times)
MJK

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:58:30 AM

The great thing about bitcoin is that even if they did 'forbid' it people would still use it. In fact, it would probably gain more value on the black market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b-trading (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:00:30 PM

i'm wondering how if all the countries in this world forbid of using and doing the transaction of bitcoin including buy and sell and convert it to fiat currency in all the country in this world, what will gonna do, is it will be the end of bitcoin or is there any solution if it happen

That's Impossible Grin some Countries just don't give a shit .
Let's take my country for example , they don't care if you Crack programs or download from torrent and make Illegal copies and make a whole store that  them . also no one here hear about "Online shopping" "Paypal" "MasterCard" etc...

That  was just an example , yes some countries may stop Bitcoin like USA,Russia etc ... but most of them wont
Philippines?

what happen with philippines?
b-trading (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

The great thing about bitcoin is that even if they did 'forbid' it people would still use it. In fact, it would probably gain more value on the black market.

it is meaning that bitcoin will survive for a long time from now may be forever
b-trading (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:05:30 PM

i'm wondering how if all the countries in this world forbid of using and doing the transaction of bitcoin including buy and sell and convert it to fiat currency in all the country in this world, what will gonna do, is it will be the end of bitcoin or is there any solution if it happen

Let's take my country for example , they don't care if you Crack programs or download from torrent and make Illegal copies and make a whole store that  them . also no one here hear about "Online shopping" "Paypal" "MasterCard" etc...

That  was just an example , yes some countries may stop Bitcoin like USA,Russia etc ... but most of them wont
Which country would that be?

Also, it's Satoshi, not SatoCHi Cheesy

Algeria (North Africa) (Biggest country on the Africa) & a lot of Oil ! Grin but ... yep not that smart.

are you serious there is no online shop in your country???

No there isnt , sure you  can buy from amazon,ebay but only small stuff because big stuff like ps4 or xbobx etc...sometime get siezed and u should pay big taxes

may be you can take off the opportunity to open an online shop there in your country Algeria
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:41:44 PM

Algeria (North Africa) (Biggest country on the Africa) & a lot of Oil ! Grin but ... yep not that smart.

No there isnt , sure you  can buy from amazon,ebay but only small stuff because big stuff like ps4 or xbobx etc...sometime get siezed and u should pay big taxes

may be you can take off the opportunity to open an online shop there in your country Algeria

I was thinking on doing that , but I guess I'am too young for the moment , I only have 17 years old Grin And didn't got my ID yet lol Shocked and It's a lot of work to deal with the companies etc .

so I may just wait little bit more .
Frijj

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

Banning it completely isn't really the biggest worry but throttling it with many regulations and taxes etc is.
b-trading (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:35:54 PM

i think the most of government who are worry about bitcoin is because bitcoin as a currency which can be disturbing the national currency in all over the world and the solution of bitcoin to adopted legaly is to suppose it as a property and the government in all country can take tax of it
b-trading (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:44:23 PM

I was thinking on doing that , but I guess I'am too young for the moment , I only have 17 years old Grin And didn't got my ID yet lol Shocked and It's a lot of work to deal with the companies etc .

so I may just wait little bit more .

i hope you can do the best thing for your success...make n online shop maybe for next 3 or five years and there is a loga "Bitcoin Accepted Here" hehe....... Grin Grin Grin
TYT

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

i think the most of government who are worry about bitcoin is because bitcoin as a currency which can be disturbing the national currency in all over the world and the solution of bitcoin to adopted legaly is to suppose it as a property and the government in all country can take tax of it

It's not usually the governments that issue the currencies but independently owned banks (see the federal reserve). Governments may even like it as it's just another source of revenue for them, though the banks certainly wont and they're usually the people in charge of the governments sadly.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

You need to pretty much strip away a lot of basic rights and liberties in all the countries in order to be able to pass this type of legislation. This might happen in a few countries, but I just can't see this happening everywhere without public backlash.
I think the OP is suggesting that all/most countries were to form some kind of treaty in which they all agreed to "ban" the conversion of bitcoin to or from fiat currency. There have been several major treaties that the majority of the world has signed, however most deal with war and human rights, not economic trade (trade treaties tend to be much smaller in terms of number of countries participating).

To give my opinion on the OP's scenario - I would say that people would use bitcoin as a way to barter with people, they would trade it for various goods and services but would generally not trade it with fiat. It's effective value would probably be significantly less then it is today.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:39:58 AM

Many country's corrupted government officials really need bitcoin to hide their stash, they will ban it officially and support large exchanges at mean time;D 

Chinese central bank forbid banks to facilitate bitcoin trading, while chinese bitcoin trading platform still commands the highest volume of all exchanges. How come those millions of yen move in and out of exchanges without the smallest resistance from the banks? Obviously the banks must obey the order of their master: The communist party officials

Famguyb

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:28:41 AM

It would still most likely be used illegally.
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:20:55 AM

No, it's impossible because they gotta shut up Internet too and this is unrealistic.
Don't worry  Cheesy

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:38:49 PM

well this is already done here in Bangladesh.

BTC Say yes to Bitcoin BTC

b-trading (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:03:34 AM

No, it's impossible because they gotta shut up Internet too and this is unrealistic.
Don't worry  Cheesy

i think it is the real reason that the bitcoin is never gonna shut down
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:05:46 PM

The real threat comes from the banks around the world shutting down bitcoin business account, like HSBC did recently. In that case the merchant adoption might accelerate but the exchanges will be phased out, only p2p exchange will remain at a small scale

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:10:07 PM

You know, copyright infringement is forbidden in just about every country in the world, and yet there stands the Pirate Bay, proud and thriving.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

You know, copyright infringement is forbidden in just about every country in the world, and yet there stands the Pirate Bay, proud and thriving.

Yea seriously about the Pirate bay .. why Sweden just don't change their Law and catch them Shocked it's not like it's that hard Shocked
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:15:41 PM

i'm wondering how if all the countries in this world...

That can't happen. There's not a single example of all countries in this world having the same opinion on any matter.
In Northeast Africa, there's nothing wrong with marrying a 12-year old girl, but people will throw stones at you if you're a muslim marrying a christian.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:17:23 AM

not really true. China and Russia have very different copyright laws.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: