Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834075 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paramind22

Activity: 2604
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 01:59:34 AM

Anyone know why the site is getting unsafe warnings in Chrome and Firefox?

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/5.4.2/bfgminer-5.4.2-win64.zip

or where I can get a current version for Windows?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:06:13 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 07:13:11 AM by splat44

Although this a false alert, google chrome doesn't allow downloading actual file.

It best using internet explorer without any problem!
However, before you download this. It''s important in doing the following:

1) create any directory you want unzip file

Inside your anti-virus setting such defender:
You can specify which folder to be excluded in scan and save that information:
1) Downloads
2) Folder you create earlier

After this you can download and unzip file without any problems!

Warnings:
If you plan upgrading to windows 10, window defender clear previous settings used in windows 7.
However, you can still add those folders as exclusion!
So open defender from systray, Select "settings at right.
Scroll down until you see "excludsions" click link below and you can those folder as you did in windows 7

Anyone know why the site is getting unsafe warnings in Chrome and Firefox?

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/5.4.2/bfgminer-5.4.2-win64.zip

or where I can get a current version for Windows?
TheCoinTap

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 03:40:50 PM

I always get 'No Devices Found' on Mac. I have an internal GT650M and an external GTX970. On Windows both these GPUs are seen but on Mac nothing is seen.
splat44

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:54:56 PM

I double checked for bfgminer for MAC but there no binaries available!
Are you sure you're not using another miner software?

I always get 'No Devices Found' on Mac. I have an internal GT650M and an external GTX970. On Windows both these GPUs are seen but on Mac nothing is seen.
paramind22

Activity: 2604
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 11:51:11 PM

I know that sometimes miners get false positives and you can't trust Google to be on top of things logically, but why is bfgminer.org getting warnings and why isn't it cleared up if it's a false positive?   

I am here:

https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=877081

if one clicks on the zip file for the 64 win miner one gets

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on luke.dashjr.org might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).
  Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:08:18 AM

I know that sometimes miners get false positives and you can't trust Google to be on top of things logically, but why is bfgminer.org getting warnings and why isn't it cleared up if it's a false positive?   

I am here:

https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=877081

if one clicks on the zip file for the 64 win miner one gets

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on luke.dashjr.org might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).
  Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

Just below the release list is a link to the Archive, select that, in the new page select /latest, then scroll to the win64.zip. I just did this and it downloaded fine for me. Then I created a new folder in Downloads and drag'N'drop the zip into it, unzipped in the new folder, No Problems. It doesn't matter if you are trying to use BFG or CG, they have both been abused and sometimes get flagged. There is nothing that can undo history and Google and MS and FF/Mozz all careless about changing anything.
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:49:10 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 11:38:07 AM by KNK

Hello,
 is there a way to set minimum difficulty the stratum proxy server will accept?

example:
bfgminer -o localhost:8332 -u user -p pass --stratum-port 3333

this starts bfgminer in stratum proxy mode for solo using the local bitcoind, but when a remote miner is connected it sends diff 1 shares, which is too low.
I have tried --request-diff 1024 but i guess it works with stratum pools only and not with GBT solo.

I have tried to change the value in miner.h for minimum_pdiff to max(FLT_MIN, 1024./0x100000000) but it didn't change anything ... what i am missing here?

EDIT:
 I have modified two more places and now it works:
 in driver-proxy.c -> .desired_share_pdiff = 1024.,
 in miner.c -> float request_pdiff = 1024.0;

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
ParaplegicRacehorse

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:16:48 PM

What is the status or plans for support of altcoin algos? I'd really like to switch to bfgminer for the configurability and monitoring, but sha256 is not profitable on my rig.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

What is the status or plans for support of altcoin algos? I'd really like to switch to bfgminer for the configurability and monitoring, but sha256 is not profitable on my rig.
If someone else wants to maintain different algos, we can merge it and cooperate, but I am not interested.

Lercker

Activity: 358

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

What usually causes "Error trying to wake notifier?"
alisus

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

That's right! more sophisticated than previous versions
It may be very profitable
It seems also lighter
bsb5068

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:30:23 PM

hey anyone got complied version of BFG for the S5 i can give a try , i can't figure out how to compile one.
hello! did you learn how to compile?
i tried v5.3 and v5.2 on my antminer s5 via SSH this way:

Code:
./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --enable-bitmain CFLAGS="-I$PWD/uthash/src -O0 -ggdb"
make AR=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ar
that gives me:

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bfgminer 5.2.0 configuration options summary

CFLAGS...............: -pthread -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/uthash/src -O0 -ggdb -pthread -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libbase58 -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libblkmaker
  LDFLAGS..............: -pthread -lpthread -lcurl -ljansson -L/usr/lib -lncursesw -ltinfo -lm -L/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libbase58/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libbase58/.libs,-zorigin -lbase58 -L/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libblkmaker/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libblkmaker/.libs,-zorigin -lblkmaker_jansson-0.1 -lblkmaker-0.1
  Installatio[Suspicious link removed]efix..: /usr/local

Enabled..Lowlevel....: pci pci:uio pci:vfio spi vcom
  Disabled.Lowlevel....: ftdi hid mswin usb
  Enabled..Drivers.....: antminer avalon avalonmm bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:pci bitfury cairnsmore drillbit dualminer erupter hashfast icarus littlefury modminer proxy proxy:stratum rockminer twinfury
  Disabled.Drivers.....: bfsb bfx bitforce:mswin cointerra cpu gridseed hashbuster hashbusterusb jingtian klondike knc kncasic metabank minergate minion nanofury opencl proxy:getwork titan x6500 zeusminer ztex
    To enable zeusminer: enable scrypt
    To enable gridseed: enable scrypt
    To enable proxy:getwork: install libmicrohttpd 0.9.5+
    To enable cointerra: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable klondike: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable x6500: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable ztex: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable bfx: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable nanofury: install hidapi
    To enable hashbuster: install hidapi
    To enable hashbusterusb: install libusb 1.0+
  Enabled..Algorithms..: SHA256d
  Disabled.Algorithms..: Keccak scrypt
  Enabled..Options.....: ncursesw5
  Disabled.Options.....:

when i run it by
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V

it gives me:
Code:
root@antMiner2:/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V
bfgminer 5.2.0
  Lowlevel: pci pci:uio pci:vfio spi vcom
  Drivers: antminer avalon avalonmm bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:pci bitfury cairnsmore drillbit dualminer erupter hashfast icarus littlefury modminer proxy proxy:stratum rockminer twinfury
  Algorithms: SHA256d
  Options: ncursesw5
but should be
Code:
root@antMiner2:/mnt/sd/bfgminer-ants5-299e2f7# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V
bfgminer 5.3.0-42-g299e2f7
  Lowlevel: vcom
  Drivers: bitmain
  Options: ncurses
this compiled version looks like working, but compiled by me from Luke's git can't find the device.
i notice some strange.
in my case there is "Enabled..Drivers.....: antminer " but in developer's version "Drivers: bitmain"

please give me advice how to compile it.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:45:44 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 04:18:08 AM by toptek

hey anyone got complied version of BFG for the S5 i can give a try , i can't figure out how to compile one.
hello! did you learn how to compile?
i tried v5.3 and v5.2 on my antminer s5 via SSH this way:

Code:
./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --enable-bitmain CFLAGS="-I$PWD/uthash/src -O0 -ggdb"
that gives me:

Code:
bfgminer 5.2.0 configuration options summary

CFLAGS...............: -pthread -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/uthash/src -O0 -ggdb -pthread -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libbase58 -I/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libblkmaker
  LDFLAGS..............: -pthread -lpthread -lcurl -ljansson -L/usr/lib -lncursesw -ltinfo -lm -L/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libbase58/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libbase58/.libs,-zorigin -lbase58 -L/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0/libblkmaker/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libblkmaker/.libs,-zorigin -lblkmaker_jansson-0.1 -lblkmaker-0.1
  Installatio[Suspicious link removed]efix..: /usr/local

Enabled..Lowlevel....: pci pci:uio pci:vfio spi vcom
  Disabled.Lowlevel....: ftdi hid mswin usb
  Enabled..Drivers.....: antminer avalon avalonmm bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:pci bitfury cairnsmore drillbit dualminer erupter hashfast icarus littlefury modminer proxy proxy:stratum rockminer twinfury
  Disabled.Drivers.....: bfsb bfx bitforce:mswin cointerra cpu gridseed hashbuster hashbusterusb jingtian klondike knc kncasic metabank minergate minion nanofury opencl proxy:getwork titan x6500 zeusminer ztex
    To enable zeusminer: enable scrypt
    To enable gridseed: enable scrypt
    To enable proxy:getwork: install libmicrohttpd 0.9.5+
    To enable cointerra: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable klondike: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable x6500: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable ztex: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable bfx: install libusb 1.0+
    To enable nanofury: install hidapi
    To enable hashbuster: install hidapi
    To enable hashbusterusb: install libusb 1.0+
  Enabled..Algorithms..: SHA256d
  Disabled.Algorithms..: Keccak scrypt
  Enabled..Options.....: ncursesw5
  Disabled.Options.....:

when i run it by
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V

it gives me:
Code:
root@antMiner2:/mnt/sd/bfgminer-5.2.0# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V
bfgminer 5.2.0
  Lowlevel: pci pci:uio pci:vfio spi vcom
  Drivers: antminer avalon avalonmm bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:pci bitfury cairnsmore drillbit dualminer erupter hashfast icarus littlefury modminer proxy proxy:stratum rockminer twinfury
  Options: ncursesw5
but should be
Code:
root@antMiner2:/mnt/sd/bfgminer-ants5-299e2f7# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD ./bfgminer -V
bfgminer 5.3.0-42-g299e2f7
  Lowlevel: vcom
  Drivers: bitmain
  Options: ncurses
this compiled version looks like working, but compiled by me from Luke's git can't find the device.
i notice some strange.
in my case there is "Enabled..Drivers.....: antminer " but in developer's version "Drivers: bitmain"

please give me advice how to compile it.

I did compile it but it won't hold up though a reboot of the S5 the S5 system is read only which means you can't write and save it and it reverts back to the old S5 cgminer version,  sense, I no longer own any bit main stuff (they cost to much for a hobby) ..  or only one miner that is fully working,and useless , i don't use it any more, I gave up trying to get a version compiled i could use like CGminer ...but if you want to see it work on a S5 look at the

README.ASIC

under

KNCMINER (Jupiter)

you have to install BFG on the S 5 that way and don't forget to change one or  two lines so the S5 driver is active once you compile it..  ( don't reboot it or you may have to do it all over again ).. then go to the top of page and read on how to access a S5 once it is installed , sorry that's the best i can do, i GPU and Script mine now and about to buy a INNOSILICON A4  136 MH and few more GPU's , can't afford much more till next year around this time ... it is and has all ways been a Hobby for me that believe or not does pay for it self over time...but one day i would like to make a few big bucks but that may never happen ..but the extra 300 or so  i make a mouth is nice at times..

below is pretty much how I did it on the S5 ..

Code:
cat >/etc/opkg/feeds.conf <<\EOF
src/gz noarch http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/v2013.06/ipk/eglibc/all/
src/gz base http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/v2013.06/ipk/eglibc/armv7ahf-vfp-neon/base/
src/gz beaglebone http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/v2013.06/ipk/eglibc/armv7ahf-vfp-neon/machine/beaglebone/
EOF

opkg update

[code]opkg install angstrom-feed-configs
rm /etc/opkg/feeds.conf
opkg update

opkg install update-alternatives
opkg install automake autoconf make gcc cpp binutils git less pkgconfig-dev ncurses-dev libtool nano bash i2c-tools-dev
while ! opkg install libcurl-dev; do true; done

curl http://www.digip.org/jansson/releases/jansson-2.0.1.tar.bz2 | tar -xjvp
cd jansson-2.0.1
./configure --prefix=/usr CC=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc --disable-static NM=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-nm
make install && ldconfig
cd ..

git clone git://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
git clone git://github.com/troydhanson/uthash
./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --enable-knc --disable-other-drivers CFLAGS="-I$PWD/uthash/src"

Change  
Code:
--enable-knc
to
Code:
--enable-bitmain

then use at command line or i did if I remember right :  

Code:
sudo ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://your Sha256 mining pool:port -u user  -p password -S bitmain:auto --set btm:model=S5 --set btm:layout=32:8 --set btm:timeout=3 --set btm:clock=350 --set btm:reg_data=0d82 --set btm:voltage=x0725
[/code]

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bartdp

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:34:10 PM

Hello,

How to use BFGMiner 542  ( as stratum Proxy for Antminers) for solo mining against local Bitcoin Core in TESTNET mode ?
It is working for the non-testnet but I can't get it running for testnet.
Testnet uses port 18332 in place of 8332
When I start it with ( from the windows CMD command prompt ) :
bfgminer.exe --url http://localhost:18332/ -u me -p password

[2017-02-26 21:20:44] Press any key to exit, or BFGMiner will try again in 15s.
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not setup workers
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] Pool: 0  URL: http://localhost:18332/  User: me  Password: password
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] Pool: 1  URL: http://localhost:8332/#getcbaddr#allblocks  User: me  Password: password
 [2017-02-26 21:21:00] Press any key to exit, or BFGMiner will try again in 15s.

It seems it still sees, or tries, to connect on 8332 , altrough I didn't specify this URL at start ( command line )
And the one specified ( 18332 ) can't be found.

I verifyed my ports and 18332/18333 are open ( and 8332/8333 are closed )

rgds

ielmouloudi

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:30:23 AM

hello the best way to invest 0.5 bitcoin is to invest in cloud mining but be careful because so many companies out there that claims mining but in reality they are just ponzi scams that uses referral programs for their favor, my advice is invest a little if the ponzi site is new but if it was  out there for more than month please stay away because the chances of getting your money become slimmer i have invested about a 1000 dollars in legitimate that guarantees your profit the only 2 companies that i will advise to invest your money on are genesis mining and hash flare these two companies have real mining machines even though the profit is less than those ponzi scams but you are guaranteed to get your money back use this code WbEeRU to get 3% off your hash rate purchase in genesis mining and here's the link for hashflare https://hashflare.io/r/D4A4CB94 and use this code to get an addition 10% off by using this code fc76e62d and happy mining for everybody.   one more thing i wanna add is you will get your investment back in about 6 months to a year depending on mining difficulty and btc price 0.5 btc is good place to start.

sir.humus

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:11:06 PM

Is there a way to use BFGMiner on a ZedBoard with Zynq FPGA+ARM?
I have the hardware and really want to start mining.
can you give me a hint where to start?
splat44

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:27:58 PM

I was looking at the readme and hoping to find how to specify which coin I want receiving payment.

I find following area
"Multiple blockchains"

I assume if I want receiving payment in dogecoin from a pool then code should be like:
Code:
bfgminer -o http://pool1:port -u pool1username -p pool1password --pool-goal dogecoin

Correct?

If I mine multiple coins from pool then --pool-goal is useful but as long that pool allows this. Correct?
n_p

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:43:37 PM

Is there some reason I can't connect to mergemining with BFGMiner (5.4.2)? I have no problems connecting with any other miner.

Code:
$ /usr/bin/bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://mergemining.com:9332 -u user -p x

This eventually brings up (which repeats endlessly):

Code:
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Pool: 0 URL: stratum+tcp://mergemining.com:9332 User: user Password: x
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Press any key to exit, or BFGMiner will try again in 15s.

Thanks in advance.
splat44

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:25:27 AM

I suspect user and password is wrong.

Since that mining pool require an account, you need using that user name that you signed with!.

Most mining pool allows us creating a worker starting with "1" and assigning a password.

If your user name is "user" then use:
Code:
-u user.1 -p x

If that mining pool allow assigning a password then use that password instead of "x"
Check if port is correct!

that's about it

Is there some reason I can't connect to mergemining with BFGMiner (5.4.2)? I have no problems connecting with any other miner.

Code:
$ /usr/bin/bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://mergemining.com:9332 -u user -p x

This eventually brings up (which repeats endlessly):

Code:
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Pool: 0 URL: stratum+tcp://mergemining.com:9332 User: user Password: x
[2017-03-19 19:59:35] Press any key to exit, or BFGMiner will try again in 15s.

Thanks in advance.
n_p

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:14:57 PM

I suspect user and password is wrong.

Since that mining pool require an account, you need using that user name that you signed with!.

Most mining pool allows us creating a worker starting with "1" and assigning a password.

If your user name is "user" then use:
Code:
-u user.1 -p x

If that mining pool allow assigning a password then use that password instead of "x"
Check if port is correct!

that's about it

To repeat myself: "I have no problems connecting with any other miner."

The instructions are fairly straightforward (no mention of workers):

https://mergemining.com/support/faqdetails/5/

The EXACT same command line (except for the path to the program) works for other miners, but not bfgminer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: