Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834075 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:25:18 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 07:48:05 PM by Luke-Jr

Is there anywhere to look for command line options for BFGminer that are not specified in the help file documentation?

I am using the, as far as I can tell, undocument #skipcbcheck command and I am curious if there is a command to skip the [blktmp error: Unrecognized block version, and not allowed to reduce or force it] error. I am using bfgminer to mine for UNIT / UniversalCurrency on the SecurePayment.cc website and have managed to mine 2 blocks so far. I just upgraded to 5.4.2 to see if that changed the error and it did not.

I have looked over the documentation that comes with bfgminer as well as its -h option from a terminal and can not find a command to do what I want.

I realize that the miner is aimed at bitcoin so I understand if there no way to turn off the error. I was hoping to find out for sure though.

dzimmerm
The new softfork is based on BIP 9, which needs to be implemented in GBT before it can be used.
Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen before segwit, so I guess 0.12.1 is kinda broken in that regard.

Edit: Looks like I have a path forward for addressing this, and will focus on that today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:33:56 PM

Ok, you said linux distribution on PI includes those driver, I assume that also include raspbian?
In fact I burn on SD thr following image:

RASPBIAN JESSIE (full desktop image)
The above came from raspbian website

Since I done first step with that image, I'll be dealing RPI as soon I get it!

In windows:
Using bfgminer the amount MH at the beginning was 5.2 but later it lower than that!
So I can improve that miner?

linux distributions on any PI type PC  come with all the drivers you need it part of the OS Smiley. BFG even has built in support for them ..lets just say all linux distributions are true plug and play that what makes them so nice and other reason but i still like windows more but that's because i started out in DoS till now and windows is easier to use .

but with BFG you may or may not have to compile your own copy it all depends what distribution and GUI you use for mining and how you  want to use BFG it took me  6 months of reading and learning asking no questions other then google before i bought my first RPI sense then i have 10 PI types PC there so cheap and very nice.

you also use the same command line arguments you use with windows for BFG  it just a tad easier with linux distributions or is for me Only reason windows is easier over all for me, is for every day use I like to point and click to much , with linux you use a lot of command lines in a terminal window like DoS . is has a nice GUI etc but more based as a command line type OS .
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:52:10 AM

You can try per device something like below but find out what the ttyUSB port id is in Device manager. I put ONE just to give a example. I honestly don't know the command in windows at dos prompt to find out what your USB settings are , I always looked in device manager. me Lazy, i do know how to in linex if that helps any @ CL.

Code:
--scrypt -S all -o stratum+tcp://pool1:port -u worker -p password --set gsd@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=838 --set gsd@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=838

This way you can adjust speeds per device encase one is weaker then the other one . or one might need it's own direct attention.

or in BFG hit the S key then hit the + key then type auto while it's ruining, see if BFG can fix it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
splat44

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:50:43 AM

I restarted miner with clock setting at 850 and so far no problem!

I had a look at device manager following port setting are the same for each devices below:

Bits per second: 9600 'it can be ste up to 128000
Data Bits: 8 'that highest'
parity: none 'it can be set to: even, odd, mark or space
Stop bits 1 'the highest is 2
flow control: none 'I have a choice between Xon/Xoff or hardware

Each devices are connected on powered usb hud

I am running windows 7 pro with 4 GB

devices for gridseed:
STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port(com5)
STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port(com6)

Does this you?

You can try per device something like below but find out what the ttyUSB port id is in Device manager. I put ONE just to give a example. I honestly don't know the command in windows at dos prompt to find out what your USB settings are , I always looked in device manager. me Lazy, i do know how to in linex if that helps any @ CL.

Code:
--scrypt -S all -o stratum+tcp://pool1:port -u worker -p password --set gsd@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=838 --set gsd@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=838

This way you can adjust speeds per device encase one is weaker then the other one . or one might need it's own direct attention.

or in BFG hit the S key then hit the + key then type auto while it's ruining, see if BFG can fix it .
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:25:02 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 01:26:06 PM by toptek

GRIDSEED
--------

Gridseed units, at the present time, come in two versions: Blade - a 40 chip
unit and Orb - a 5 chip unit. Orb units can be used to mine both SHA256d and
scrypt based coins whereas the Blade is scrypt only, although BFGMiner only
supports scrypt mode at this time.

BFGMiner allows a miner to connect both types of units to a single miner
instance and provides for granular control of the clock frequencies for each
device and each chip on each device. The basic use of this feature is to use the
--set option on from the command line:
Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S gridseed:all --set gridseed@<serial_number>:clock=825

for multiple devices, add multiple --set arguments.

Additionally, these can be added to the bfgminer.conf file for persistence like
this:

Code:
"set" : [
        "gridseed@<serial_number>:clock=825",
        "gridseed@<serial_number>:clock=850",
        "gridseed@<serial_number>:clock=875"
]

To find the device serial number, start bfgminer and press <M> to manage
devices, then <Page Down> or <down arrow> through the list of devices and take
note of the device serial number in the device information shown.

Select processor to manage using up/down arrow keys
 GSD 0a:       |  74.4/ 72.9/ 10.2kh/s | A:  1 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
  STM32 Virtual COM Port from STMicroelectronics
Serial: 6D85278F5650
Clock speed: 875

So for example, an entry would look like this:

Code:
gridseed@6D85278F5650:clock=875

According to the BFG README.ASIC YET another way .
That driver is here for windows including 10 if it needs it  

https://github.com/olliw42/storm32bgc/tree/master/firmware%20binaries%20%26%20gui/o323bgc-release-v080-v20150613/bin/STM32%20Virtual%20COM%20Port%20Driver/stsw-stm32102

still the same but with a serial_number but the same Smiley.

w10 may not need it i can't say my blade runs 0n a rasp pi under ubuntu 16 with minera 7.0 with BFG controlling it  .

minera is found here, I manual installed  minera with Bfg when ubuntu 16 came out on the 21 st Smiley.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0

Ive been using it pretty Much sense it was released a year or so ago

kruug

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 07:14:19 PM

Attempting to compile from source on Windows 10 x64.  During the ./configure, I get

Code:
configure: error: Couldn't determine include path for usbiodef.h

Errors even when using the flag

Code:
--without-libusb

Where do I start troubleshooting?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:58:26 AM

are you compiling it for windows ? .

if so why not just use the one all ready made for windows it's kind of hard doing it for windows .

Not sure what you mean by:  Attempting to compile from source on Windows 10 x64. it better faster easier to compile on a lenux box of some kind then trying to do it in windows.

kruug

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:29:44 PM

are you compiling it for windows ? .

if so why not just use the one all ready made for windows it's kind of hard doing it for windows .

Not sure what you mean by:  Attempting to compile from source on Windows 10 x64. it better faster easier to compile on a lenux box of some kind then trying to do it in windows.

Yes, compiling for Windows.  I want to enable/disable options that aren't in the pre-built.

I've never had luck cross-compiling on Linux.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:21:43 PM

Sorry can't help never been able to do it in windows i have no issue doing it in Linux.I also don't use bfg with windows , once I found out how nice PI type pcs are .Smiley.

splat44

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:43:35 PM

Yahoo! I am ready to take control over my raspberry PI 2 b+ and gridseed blade miner!

In windows, I had to reset the system as it has been giving me trouble and all is good with bdf with unit!

For testing RPI, I'll using one unit and everthing should go well, perhaps i will able using extra one.
So we use an extra USB powered hub to connect one or two units correct?

It's will greatly help me to provide complete codes to install, builting everything including configuration and execution of that software!
Of course, I want make sure code enable all gridseed similar as seen in windows execution commad line!
I don't want being lazy as I'm still new at it and I'm sure you understand!

Importantely I don't wish using those buits such scripta and others as they force creating an extra SD image, what if there a power shortage while not being at home? At this point RPI wouldn't be able to reboot without original OS!

I hope I don't ask you took much?
Thanks for your help!

I'll putting into consider the code you gave below if needed!

Code:

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:04:26 PM

Yahoo! I am ready to take control over my raspberry PI 2 b+ and gridseed blade miner!

In windows, I had to reset the system as it has been giving me trouble and all is good with bdf with unit!

For testing RPI, I'll using one unit and everthing should go well, perhaps i will able using extra one.
So we use an extra USB powered hub to connect one or two units correct?

It's will greatly help me to provide complete codes to install, builting everything including configuration and execution of that software!
Of course, I want make sure code enable all gridseed similar as seen in windows execution commad line!
I don't want being lazy as I'm still new at it and I'm sure you understand!

Importantely I don't wish using those buits such scripta and others as they force creating an extra SD image, what if there a power shortage while not being at home? At this point RPI wouldn't be able to reboot without original OS!

I hope I don't ask you took much?
Thanks for your help!

I'll putting into consider the code you gave below if needed!

Code:

also might want to give this a try Ive been using it sense it came out it has adds now, you can turn off for a  one time 5 bucks for ever with unlimited installs and updates on the pi you pay on , he started putting in adds to cover  Dev time, but hes keeps it stable and running .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0

mf2016

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Making BlockChain

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:56:18 PM

I use the BFGMiner to mining, it's better than CGMiner  , a very good tool.
jameszuro

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 02:08:57 PM

running bfgminer 5.4.2 and having trouble connecting to the eclipse mining pool.  error log is

[2016-05-10 05:41:00] Started bfgminer 5.4.2
 [2016-05-10 05:41:01] Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():556: The system cannot find the file specified.
 [2016-05-10 05:41:01] Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():556: The system cannot find the file specified.
 [2016-05-10 05:41:01] FT_GetComPortNumber(00995d60 (1), 4)
 [2016-05-10 05:41:02] FT_GetComPortNumber(00995d60 (0), 3)
 [2016-05-10 05:41:07] Need to specify at least one pool server.
 [2016-05-10 05:41:37] Testing pool stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333
 [2016-05-10 05:41:44] Stratum connect failed to pool 0: Failed to connect to us1.eclipsemc.com port 3333: Connection refused

Pool setup failed

Any direction would be appreciated.  Thx.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:54:14 PM

Can someone provide the right link to download bfgminer cos all the one I downloaded are not working on my laptop windows 8/win64

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:27:25 AM

Can someone provide the right link to download bfgminer cos all the one I downloaded are not working on my laptop windows 8/win64
then your system (or Anti-virus) is broken.

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:56:53 PM

then your system (or Anti-virus) is broken.

No wonder cos I download the bfgminer from different place but the problem is still the same. Do I hav to format the system or update my antivirus so I can be able to install the bfgminer?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Any idea on this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467828.0

To recap:
Since the update to 12.1 I can not solo mine anymore.

I am solo mining (as a joke of course) with one usb antminer u1 on the same machine that is running the node, it worked so far but with the new version I am getting this in bfgminer:

Code:

[2016-05-10 21:33:30] No servers were found that could be used to get work from

[2016-05-10 21:33:30] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input

[2016-05-10 21:33:30] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers

Funny thing is, the bitcoind log reports a "create new block" message when I start the miner, not an "unauthorized rpc user/password error":

Code:
2016-05-10 19:32:41 CreateNewBlock(): total size 172240 txs: 323 fees: 5817514 sigops 960

But thats it, that is the one and only message I get regarding mining.

I know about this:

Code:
2016-05-10 19:29:21 Config options rpcuser and rpcpassword will soon be deprecated. Locally-run instances may remove rpcuser to use cookie-based auth, or may be replaced with rpcauth. Please see share/rpcuser for rpcauth auth generation.

But it says soon, so not yet right?

Why is bitcoind not accepting a valid rpcuser and pasword that is in the bitcoin.conf file?

I am assuming that bfgminer is the problem, it thinks the rpcuser/pass are false for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated Smiley

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:44:32 PM

GBT/mining is broken in Core 0.12.1. I am actively working on getting this fixed for 0.12.2 and Knots 0.12.1, but for now, solo miners will need to downgrade to 0.12.0 or alternatively hack their 0.12.1 code.

If you want to hack the code, edit src/rpcmining.cpp and find the line:
Code:
aMutable.push_back("prevblock");
Add another line immediately before this, with:
Code:
aMutable.push_back("version/force");
Then recompile to have the changes take effect.

Note that this hack will ONLY work for CSV/0.12.1, and WILL NOT work with segwit or future softforks.
If you use this change after segwit is active, you will be mining INVALID blocks.

Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:43:00 PM

I just noticed that v5.4.2 is out, I have been using 5.4.1 with my nanofury usb sticks since it was released and was getting occasional "Frequency dropped below 50%, restarting miner" messages.  I chalked this up to the sticks themselves and didn't pay attention to it as the sticks always hashed along just fine.  Well after updating to 5.4.2 I do not get the frequency message anymore, so hurray for new versions fixing things!
splat44

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:21:10 AM

I have few questions:

If all pools are dead then why does bfgminer still list works as accepted and what is abount coinbase chreck as seen on image:

How to deal with coinbase check?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: