Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridiculous  (Read 2064 times)
Janitor (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:34:44 AM

Just wasted 15 minutes trying to figure out why I can't post or reply (except here, which I just found out).
I will never donate to this site as it cost me 15 minutes of my life before I even started using it!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:47:11 AM

Sorry bro.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
ajstar

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:52:34 AM

Well, your should pay more attention to registration process as these informations were clearly presented there. Don't be stupid Wink
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 06:03:09 AM

15 whole minutes? Wow...

I take it you didn't actually read the site rules when you registered your account.  You just blindly checked a box that literally says "I understand that I will initially be unable to post to most forum sections, as explained above."

Here they are again since you clearly skipped them

Here is some important information about the forum. This is not a rulebook or agreement.

RESTRICTIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS

After registering, you will be unable to post in any section except "newbies" until you have spent some time on the forum and have published a few posts.

If you are registering to ask a question, please ask it in the newbies section. Do not wait to ask it just because you must post it in "newbies": the question is very likely to have already been asked. If you don't end up getting good responses, you can ask it again elsewhere after you are established, or you can move the entire topic.

If you are commenting on Bitcoin, use your newbie wait time to read more about Bitcoin. If you are criticizing Bitcoin, find similar criticism using the search tool to see which points have already been covered. A good use of your newbie wait time is reading Satoshi's old posts.

STAY ON TOPIC

Every reply should contain some comment that is relevant to the topic post. Do not reply *just* to another reply -- include at least some on-topic comment.

If you would like to reply just to an individual reply, you can create a new topic about it.

MOVING TOPICS

All members have the ability to move their own topics. The link is at the bottom of the topic page. Do not ask moderators to do it.

ILLEGAL SITES/TRADES

Do not post trade offers that are obviously illegal in most of the first-world countries. Do not link to or advertise sites that are built to allow such trades.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:04:37 AM

Learn to read.
Janitor (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:14:07 AM

Okay, that's very helpful now that I'd found about this from other posts, but just FYI I registered and browed using a mobile device and it's difficult to spot instructions that way.

Couldn't the software simply redirect new users to the Newbies section or leave the damned "reply" link in all topics but link it to these instructions instead, so people wouldn't leave this site and google for how to post on SMF forums (as your own help section - I'm talking about the part about posting/replying - doesn't mention anything about the newbie rules!)?

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:33:55 AM

When I first came here it took me a lot longer than 15 minutes... maybe... half hour...

or more.

I still donate to the forum.  Tongue
Janitor (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:41:05 AM

When I first came here it took me a lot longer than 15 minutes... maybe... half hour...

or more.

I may do it too, but you probably didn't feel like donating that day, did you? :-)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Like the guy said, it's right there when you sign up, twice.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 01:01:26 PM

Damn! You got a great user name. I was thinking about using the same since I used to be a janitor at Walmart long ago. Welcome to the forum, Janitor, and here's to hoping you bring VALUE to this BitcoinTalk.

~Cackling Bear~
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:56:42 PM

Okay, that's very helpful now that I'd found about this from other posts, but just FYI I registered and browed using a mobile device and it's difficult to spot instructions that way.

Couldn't the software simply redirect new users to the Newbies section or leave the damned "reply" link in all topics but link it to these instructions instead, so people wouldn't leave this site and google for how to post on SMF forums (as your own help section - I'm talking about the part about posting/replying - doesn't mention anything about the newbie rules!)?

Dude.  You literally checked a box that says "I understand I can't post in most forums." You have no right to complain. Stop whining and learn about Bitcoin.

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:10:57 PM

See you in the lending section in a few hours!
AbsoluteZero

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:39:31 PM

I still need 3 more posts and 4 and a half hours to get out of Newbie
local_hero

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 03:40:20 AM

Lol, i spent nearly 18 hours in this Forum, as I just learned about BTC and wanted to figure out as much stuff as possible. [note so self: not the best thing to do, two weeks ahead of the finals]
PocketCoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:03:16 AM

Dude.  You literally checked a box that says "I understand I can't post in most forums." You have no right to complain. Stop whining and learn about Bitcoin.
BWuyahhaha you can't write this stuff, simple mistake especially on those pesky smartphone screens,

WElcome! janitor
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 06:58:34 AM

or more.

~yay~

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
sceeth0

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 04:59:09 PM

I'm pretty sure I spent approximately 36 hours attempting to read every post in the forums before I first posted.  Shortly after that first post, newbie purgatory was created.

I'd vow never to donate as well, but I seem to recall seeing that Mt Gox owns these forums?  If that's true, I've already donated plenty over the past year.
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:53:33 PM

I seem to recall seeing that Mt Gox owns these forums?

Satoshi started this forum, and it has been speculated that Satoshi started/owns MtGox as well. Satoshi is not running this forum anymore, Theymos is, and MtGox most certainly does not own it.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

RTFM
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008