Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm access Ripple wallet  (Read 2040 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

I have an old email about my ripple wallet which has an address and a private key. Unfortunately neither of these seem to work through any of their sites. How do I access my wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:22:45 AM

Ripple labs is phasing out support for the old client. You can still use it through this url until 15 December.

https://ripple.com/client/#/login

After that the old client will not work and you have to migrate your old client to the new client through this link.

https://rippletrade.com/#/migrate

I used my old client last night and it was still working OK.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:52:27 PM

Ripple labs is phasing out support for the old client. You can still use it through this url until 15 December.

So they'll rob old wallets, eh?   Wink

Welcome to centralized Ripple  Cheesy 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 12:53:58 PM

So they'll rob old wallets, eh?   Wink

Welcome to centralized Ripple  Cheesy  

We can't take anything from an old wallet without the secret. And the client is open source. People who want to continue to use it still can. Payroutes, for example, has announced no plans to stop offering the old client. Far from proving Ripple is centralized, this will show precisely the reverse. Ripple Labs will stop hosting and supporting the old client, and those who like it will continue to use, offer, and support it.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
poncom

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:08:54 PM

Is this the url where we can access our old client wallets after 15 December?

https://payroutes.com/#/login
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:14:07 PM

I believe it should work so long as payroutes continues to offer the service and you trust them not to modify the client to steal your keys or passwords. It's possible they're using our wallet service and so you will lose access to your wallet after the cutoff. I'm not sure. To be safe, everyone should be absolutely 100% certain they know their account secret well before that cutoff. That way, even if payroutes has to switch wallet providers or ceases to operate the client, you are still safe.

I believe migration to Ripple Trade will continue to be supported after the cutoff. But I presume that people are asking because they don't wish to migrate.

poncom

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:52:13 PM

So they'll rob old wallets, eh?   Wink

Welcome to centralized Ripple  Cheesy 

You can't rob old wallets without the secret key, ripple's like bitcoin in that respect.

Old bitcoin wallets will no longer sync with the network, but nobody can steal the coins, you just have to import the private key to the latest wallet. Check out the obsolete wallets page on sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Obsolete/

There are wallets there released in 2013 that cannot sync. Here's the warning at the bottom of that sourceforge page.

These releases are obsolete, and are here for historical reference only.
They are incompatible with the current main bitcoin blockchain, and WILL NOT SYNCHRONIZE with it.

Do you expect Ripple to keep supporting old wallets when even bitcoin does not?
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:46:29 PM

I believe it should work so long as payroutes continues to offer the service and you trust them not to modify the client to steal your keys or passwords. It's possible they're using our wallet service and so you will lose access to your wallet after the cutoff. I'm not sure. To be safe, everyone should be absolutely 100% certain they know their account secret well before that cutoff. That way, even if payroutes has to switch wallet providers or ceases to operate the client, you are still safe.

I believe migration to Ripple Trade will continue to be supported after the cutoff. But I presume that people are asking because they don't wish to migrate.

I am attempting to do this now.  I have an old wallet from Payroutes.com and I kept the secret key.  I tried it in ripple desktop wallet and it did not work.  And suggestions are appreciated..

edit= and no I will not be uploading any pictures of me holding ID etc. LOL  I will need to find a solution using a non-official wallet or 3rd party wallet I guess.  

edit #2- I guess I forgot to say that I cannot log into payroutes.com are they still in business can anybody log into their website???   I have gone to their webpage with 3 different browsers and the page says they are all not supported.  Yet the link shows them to be supported...Huh

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 11:59:30 PM

What do you mean by it did not work? What happened or didn't happen?

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:13:31 AM

What do you mean by it did not work? What happened or didn't happen?
I enter my payroutes secret key and the create new account button stays gray and cannot click it. 

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 05:26:54 PM

That's strange. Does the secret start with an "s" and is about 29 characters long?

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

That's strange. Does the secret start with an "s" and is about 29 characters long?

Yes it starts with an "s"  and yes it is 29 characters long...

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 08:36:43 PM

Yes it starts with an "s"  and yes it is 29 characters long...
That's very strange. Maybe there's a typo in it somewhere? Maybe you confused an I with a 1 or a 0 with an o? Or maybe you got the case wrong on one letter?

Perhaps these four things will help:

1) There are no zeroes.

2) There is no capital I.

3) There is no lower case l.

4) There is no capital O.

Legal characters are:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a A b B c C d D e E f F g G h H i j J k K L m M n N o p P q Q r R s S t T u U v V w W x X y Y z Z

BitWhale

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:58:06 PM

That's very strange. Maybe there's a typo in it somewhere? Maybe you confused an I with a 1 or a 0 with an o? Or maybe you got the case wrong on one letter?

1) There are no zeroes.

Legal characters are:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a A b B c C d D e E f F g G h H i j J k K L m M n N o p P q Q r R s S t T u U v V w W x X y Y z Z

Question, so without someone hosting the original client you will not be able to access it? I've seen sites like Gatehub, are these the only way normal people store their Ripple?

Also, by using payroutes, are they able to see my private keys? Do we have to trust them?
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:09:50 AM

1) There are no zeroes.

Legal characters are:

Thanks.  I replaced the lower case l with a 1 and tried again but still the button stays gray and will not let me click it..

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:53:02 AM

1) There are no zeroes.

Legal characters are:

Is there another wallet I can try.  I have several xrp and I would like to access them.  I also would like to buy more.  Please advise how to do this another way.  Since I have the private and public key as well as other info from the payroutes wallet I should not have any problem to do this I am told.  Please advise.  I will share some of the coins with who ever can provide the instruction that gets my xrp back.  Thanks!

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 06:34:59 PM

Is there another wallet I can try.  I have several xrp and I would like to access them.  I also would like to buy more.  Please advise how to do this another way.  Since I have the private and public key as well as other info from the payroutes wallet I should not have any problem to do this I am told.  Please advise.  I will share some of the coins with who ever can provide the instruction that gets my xrp back.  Thanks!
You can try jatchili's minimalist Ripple client or the old Ripple desktop wallet (if you can find a copy of it somewhere).

histallness

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:46:36 PM

Hi I am having the same problem, the key that came with my address provided through Rippex desktop wallet appears to include only valid characters listed above but it continues to tell me that the key is invalid and I can't open it elsewhere or create a new wallet within the desktop app. Receiving the same response on the minimalist client, this is the key I was provided with when prompted to check, I wrote it down twice independently of one another to make sure. Was there any further thoughts here?
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:17:16 AM

Hi I am having the same problem, the key that came with my address provided through Rippex desktop wallet appears to include only valid characters listed above but it continues to tell me that the key is invalid and I can't open it elsewhere or create a new wallet within the desktop app. Receiving the same response on the minimalist client, this is the key I was provided with when prompted to check, I wrote it down twice independently of one another to make sure. Was there any further thoughts here?

I am still unsuccessful.

Hearing your story gave me hope that maybe it is just their wallet.  Please keep us updated.  I have no update.  The guy Joel was responding but after I did everything he suggested he just ran out of ideas and said it is weird.  Yup 14 Billion dollar company.. and it is weird I lost all of my ripple.  I lost at least approx 20K ripple

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:23:42 AM

You can try jatchili's minimalist Ripple client or the old Ripple desktop wallet (if you can find a copy of it somewhere).

I found it and negative function

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: