Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon prime any good?  (Read 1165 times)
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:53:50 PM

I'm bored w/netflix Sad does anyone on here have Amazon prime? (UK) , is it any good?
( I want to watch the amazing race, I've heard it's available on there?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:54:58 PM

only buy it if you order stuff often and want the faster shipping
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

I never order anything on Amazon. I wanted it for the netflix-esque services, is it worth it?
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

I never order anything on Amazon. I wanted it for the netflix-esque services, is it worth it?

no, get hulu or netflix or something, and please lock your other thread
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

no, get hulu or netflix or something, and please lock your other thread

I already have netflix but I'm bored with it, I was wondering cause AP has different movies/ tv shows
Dabangg

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com is the ONLY way to buy!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:06:45 PM

Someone told me they have most of the stuff that Netflix has already.

They added some old HBO shows though a while ago

I am still selling, please email me here: BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com
🌟 UPDATE: I can currently be reached ONLY by email. I am not able to reply to forum posts or private messages anymore. Thank you. 🌟🌟🌟🌟 EMAIL ME. Topic is now locked. Email me.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:01:31 PM

I have both, Netflix is better for movies and tv shows imo. It looks like Prime does have The Amazing Race, but sporadic seasons, some prime, some not. That's something about prime, the library is not user friendly, either I'm stupid and can't figure it out (highly likely) or there simply isn't a way to list a certain show by consecutive season like on netflix. PITA. Quick search I saw season 1, 15, 17 free prime streaming but some other seasons were not free and others simply missing.

I only have Prime for the free shipping. I order tons of crap from Amazon and prime pretty much pays for itself in the first few shipments.

If you're only interested in movies and tv, stick with Netflix. (or hulu)
VistaSharpie

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:04:17 PM

The Netflix service is still the hands down best streaming solution for movies and television shows.  Nothing beats Netflixes selection and wide array of movies
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:11:33 PM

I have both, Netflix is better for movies and tv shows imo. It looks like Prime does have The Amazing Race, but sporadic seasons, some prime, some not. That's something about prime, the library is not user friendly, either I'm stupid and can't figure it out (highly likely) or there simply isn't a way to list a certain show by consecutive season like on netflix. PITA. Quick search I saw season 1, 15, 17 free prime streaming but some other seasons were not free and others simply missing.

I only have Prime for the free shipping. I order tons of crap from Amazon and prime pretty much pays for itself in the first few shipments.

I'm obsessed with the amazing race and hate netflix for not having it. only 3 free seasons on Prime though? I know the latest one (season 25) is not free but I was under the impression I could watch at least the old ones for free Sad
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:32:47 AM

I'm bored w/netflix Sad does anyone on here have Amazon prime? (UK) , is it any good?

Fiddle with your DNS settings or invest in a VPN like Unblock US and you can access the American Netflix. There's a lot more content on there and you can use your existing Netflix account.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:53:00 AM

Fiddle with your DNS settings or invest in a VPN like Unblock US and you can access the American Netflix. There's a lot more content on there and you can use your existing Netflix account.

What on earth does that mean? Fiddle with what?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:56:19 AM

Netflix feeds you UK choices because it reads your internet connection as being in the UK.

Your DNS settings are what identifies your location and country. You can sometimes manually change the DNS settings or pay a few quid a month to something like Unblock US which fools Netflix into thinking you're in the US for you.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:25:19 AM

Netflix feeds you UK choices because it reads your internet connection as being in the UK.

Your DNS settings are what identifies your location and country. You can sometimes manually change the DNS settings or pay a few quid a month to something like Unblock US which fools Netflix into thinking you're in the US for you.
lolwut? that's not how those "unblocking" dns services work. They work by redirecting region restricted websites (eg. netflix) to their proxy server. That has an advantage compared to VPN because it only proxies the traffic that needs to be proxied.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:54:34 AM

Thanks guys I'll have a look Smiley
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:36:25 AM

Ahhhhh I'm gonna cry, I signed up to prime and there's no amazing race at all!! No free "prime" ones, no paid ones either. Where/how did you find them on there? Quick search where? Or was it just a guess? Sad please help Sad sad.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:59:28 AM

Ahhhhh I'm gonna cry, I signed up to prime and there's no amazing race at all!! No free "prime" ones, no paid ones either. Where/how did you find them on there? Quick search where? Or was it just a guess? Sad please help Sad sad.

Depends on your location I guess!!!
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Depends on your location I guess!!!

Read OP, location UK Smiley no idea where he was from but he said he saw the amazing race on there!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: