Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank's final testimony  (Read 4275 times)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:44:22 AM

I think it is wrong that Dank be disallowed posting on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:08:56 AM

I think it is wrong that Dank be disallowed posting on this forum.

You know what you should do?  Start your own forum and allow dank to post there.  See what kind of quality material you get!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:21:57 PM

If Dank is banned, how come his account last activity shows 7th December?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21728

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:29:38 PM

If Dank is banned, how come his account last activity shows 7th December?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21728

I think he can stay logged here in the forum , but he cannot post or send private message.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:38:21 PM

It's very strange , why a legendary account was banned ? I think these type of  people should help the other type of users (like me and other). Instead of helping ,he scam and I really don't understand : why ?
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:55:19 PM

I hope some of you look at this in a humane way, this heartless crap is what makes this forum so bad. Everyone wants retribution here, while I agree dank should honor his obligations, His life takes precedence the kid needs help and this may be his only outlet to speak. Would you listen to him spewing things like what he talks about on here out in public, no I doubt you would. Take a step back, think If I was in his position how would I want to be treated. Your just pushing him further into isolation, and self doubt.
He can not change the past but he can change his future. Throwing more hurdles in front of this guy does nothing but make it harder. I never give people money on the street but I will buy them a meal and chat with them, sometimes thats just enough to get them going again. If not at least they got a decent meal and someone to talk to for a bit that WILL NOT JUDGE THEM. Cause guess what none of us are prefect and we all make mistakes.
All equal now lets stop acting like we are better then others cause its sickening.

Anyone know where dank resides at? Like state cause if hes near me I will buy the guy a meal and let him talk if thats what needs be.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:24:43 PM

I like Dank quite a bit. Hes a strange cat, but I think hes a good guy. Real doped up though. I'd like to share an amusing anecdote in Dank's memory.

A while ago (March I think?), I needed to convert some BTC to $ to make a trip. Having a bad relationship with Paypal, and my bank at the time for standard financial nonsense (freezing my account for months over a suspicious one time $500 payment from a well established financial institution outside of the US) so I figured I'd try my luck trading some Bitcoins for cash in the mail. I put up a listing, and Dank answered shortly after saying he would do it. Dank was still a marked scammer at this point because of the Squal loan, so I told him we could either escrow the Bitcoins or he could send to me first, so he elected to send the cash to me first. The exchange was 4.20 Bitcoins in exchange for $1420, $420 of which was to be paid to Squal as a monthly settlement they had agreed on a while ago to pay back his debt(which he did honor).

The next day Dank sends me a pm saying, sent it. I replied asking for a tracking number, and he said to me "just kidding" or something to that effect. I sort of thought he was high or trying to pull some sort of scam but my coins were safe so I didn't especially care, I just asked him to clarify. He told me he had mailed it out but didn't get a tracking number, he had sent it with faith. I asked him if he could send me a picture of the receipt so that I could figure out when the package would be here (really just looking for proof he had actually sent something) to which he responded that he had got a small flatrate box, put the $1420 in it, and covered it in $7 worth of standard letter stamps that he had purchased at Walgreens and jammed it in someone's mailbox. At this point I'm like, ok why would he even bother trying to scam me? He does know that if the package doesn't arrive, I'm just not going to send him the bitcoins right? Two days later, I open my mailbox and there is a small flatrate box half covered in stamps with the agreed on cash inside. I couldn't stop laughing...

Anyway, gave him his coins, he paid Squall, and I still have the box in my room nearly a year later.

Dank in my opinion is a good guy, just stoned out of his mind.

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 11:44:19 PM

I like Dank quite a bit. Hes a strange cat, but I think hes a good guy. Real doped up though. I'd like to share an amusing anecdote in Dank's memory.

A while ago (March I think?), I needed to convert some BTC to $ to make a trip. Having a bad relationship with Paypal, and my bank at the time for standard financial nonsense (freezing my account for months over a suspicious one time $500 payment from a well established financial institution outside of the US) so I figured I'd try my luck trading some Bitcoins for cash in the mail. I put up a listing, and Dank answered shortly after saying he would do it. Dank was still a marked scammer at this point because of the Squal loan, so I told him we could either escrow the Bitcoins or he could send to me first, so he elected to send the cash to me first. The exchange was 4.20 Bitcoins in exchange for $1420, $420 of which was to be paid to Squal as a monthly settlement they had agreed on a while ago to pay back his debt(which he did honor).

The next day Dank sends me a pm saying, sent it. I replied asking for a tracking number, and he said to me "just kidding" or something to that effect. I sort of thought he was high or trying to pull some sort of scam but my coins were safe so I didn't especially care, I just asked him to clarify. He told me he had mailed it out but didn't get a tracking number, he had sent it with faith. I asked him if he could send me a picture of the receipt so that I could figure out when the package would be here (really just looking for proof he had actually sent something) to which he responded that he had got a small flatrate box, put the $1420 in it, and covered it in $7 worth of standard letter stamps that he had purchased at Walgreens and jammed it in someone's mailbox. At this point I'm like, ok why would he even bother trying to scam me? He does know that if the package doesn't arrive, I'm just not going to send him the bitcoins right? Two days later, I open my mailbox and there is a small flatrate box half covered in stamps with the agreed on cash inside. I couldn't stop laughing...

Anyway, gave him his coins, he paid Squall, and I still have the box in my room nearly a year later.

Dank in my opinion is a good guy, just stoned out of his mind.

See give a man a chance to change and see what happens, he is making effort to pay him back.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:57:34 PM

See give a man a chance to change and see what happens, he is making effort to pay him back.

To be fair, Dank made a few payments to Squall, but then stopped. Either way, you don't get banned for being a scammer, whether you have good or bad intentions. I'm not sure why Dank got banned, my guess would be either spamming or posting things that made the admins worry about his mental state. He has been banned before, so I suppose he could have received a permanent ban for spamming, or he may have posted something that could have been considered a threat to himself or others. (just speculating I'm not entirely sure)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 03:25:03 AM

To be fair, Dank made a few payments to Squall, but then stopped. Either way, you don't get banned for being a scammer, whether you have good or bad intentions. I'm not sure why Dank got banned, my guess would be either spamming or posting things that made the admins worry about his mental state. He has been banned before, so I suppose he could have received a permanent ban for spamming, or he may have posted something that could have been considered a threat to himself or others. (just speculating I'm not entirely sure)

Are you able to see from any admin log (if such a thing exists...) as to who banned him? Not to witchhunt but so those that are interested can get a reason.

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:32:16 AM

Are you able to see from any admin log (if such a thing exists...) as to who banned him? Not to witchhunt but so those that are interested can get a reason.
BadBear said above that he derails every single thread that he posts on so I would assume that it was him.

It has also been noted that the actions by individual moderators/administrators are anon so the subject user will not harass them (in other words they are acting on behalf of the forum itself)

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:51:21 AM

It doesn't exist, not that I'd share that information without the person involved's permission. That said, permanent bans, especially to established members aren't given out lightly. If its a five post spammer not as much thought and careful consideration needs to be put in, but for someone who has been around for a while like Dank, it wouldn't have been done haphazardly. Only admins and global mods can ban people, and I would imagine that a global moderator would have consulted an admin before banning Dank.

I'm not trying to shift blame onto Badbear or Theymos, it might not have been them, I'm trying to emphasize that Dank wouldn't be banned for the BTC he owed Squal, and he wouldn't have been banned carelessly. I can guarantee there was a lot of thought  involved, and most probably at the very least consultation with an admin.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:05:08 AM

It doesn't exist, not that I'd share that information without the person involved's permission. That said, permanent bans, especially to established members aren't given out lightly. If its a five post spammer not as much thought and careful consideration needs to be put in, but for someone who has been around for a while like Dank, it wouldn't have been done haphazardly. Only admins and global mods can ban people, and I would imagine that a global moderator would have consulted an admin before banning Dank.

I'm not trying to shift blame onto Badbear or Theymos, it might not have been them, I'm trying to emphasize that Dank wouldn't be banned for the BTC he owed Squal, and he wouldn't have been banned carelessly. I can guarantee there was a lot of thought  involved, and most probably at the very least consultation with an admin.
Are bans like this ever reversed?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:10:23 AM

Yeah, permanent bans have been reversed from time to time. Mathew N Wright, Atlas, and Goat were permabanned and then unbanned at some point (If I'm not mistaken) I'm sure it has happened to others as well. I'm not sure what the process is, a few months and a reasonable doubt that the person has changed whatever behavior got them banned perhaps.
abyrnes81

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:00:27 AM

Yeah, permanent bans have been reversed from time to time. Mathew N Wright, Atlas, and Goat were permabanned and then unbanned at some point (If I'm not mistaken) I'm sure it has happened to others as well. I'm not sure what the process is, a few months and a reasonable doubt that the person has changed whatever behavior got them banned perhaps.

Maybe I think the admins will give to him a second (maybe third) chance , and he will be un-banned. How do you think, will it be possible?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 06:16:41 AM

Maybe I think the admins will give to him a second (maybe third) chance , and he will be un-banned. How do you think, will it be possible?

AFAIK, dank has already been given three chances on this forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 07:12:25 AM

I'm not trying to shift blame onto Badbear or Theymos, it might not have been them, I'm trying to emphasize that Dank wouldn't be banned for the BTC he owed Squal, and he wouldn't have been banned carelessly. I can guarantee there was a lot of thought  involved, and most probably at the very least consultation with an admin.
Are bans like this ever reversed?

Sure. Sometimes permanent bans can have an effect that temp bans won't, for example some think they just can't or won't be banned for more than a few days.  

I don't see.this being the case for dank though unfortunately.  

I posted the reason on page 2. Has nothing to do with his scam, that was like...over a year ago or something so a little late on the draw if it were.

Though I do notice that most of the ones who disagree with the banning spend no or little time in the sections dank posts in, so they aren't affected. Just saying  Wink.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
abyrnes81

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:56:17 PM

Then the ban  in this case is right, however can he still view & read the forum ?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 01:04:51 PM

Then the ban  in this case is right, however can he still view & read the forum ?

Yes, he can still login and whatnot, just can't post or pm.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:05:37 PM

I love dank, and I will miss him. I've had the privileged of being with salty when he received that box and we laughed our asses off.

hi
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: