Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:05:45 AM
Merited by tmfp (1)

LOL. Just checking in.
Almost 4 years later and after 348442 views, apparently this is still a thing.
And this forum is still using the same crappy software.

Some things never change I guess.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:30:41 AM

LOL. Just checking in.

Haha yeah, for sure.
We have a new "merit system" tho, please accept a point from me for starting this thread and, you never know, over the years saving some noobs some money that was burning a hole in their pockets.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

Brilliant. So instead of 1000 now I have 1001 merit on a forum I check once a year.. Woohoo  Grin
Id return the favor but I seem to have no merit to send. Im gonna guess one gets sendable merrit by donating to theymos  for a larger yacht the new forum software ?
Or is this actually a well thought out, trustless, immutable, blockchain based reputation system thats going to prevent any and all scams on this forum now ?

Grin
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

Brilliant. So instead of 1000 now I have 1001 merit on a forum I check once a year.. Woohoo  Grin
Id return the favor but I seem to have no merit to send. Im gonna guess one gets sendable merrit by donating to theymos  for a larger yacht the new forum software ?
Or is this actually a well thought out, trustless, immutable, blockchain based reputation system thats going to prevent any and all scams on this forum now ?

Grin

Of course. Smiley

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 04:32:24 PM

Grin

Here's some spendable merits for you... welcome back. Don't jelly theymos' yacht, I bet you can afford one too with all those bitcoins you didn't send to scammers Smiley
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:06:27 PM

Ha. A small used leaky one perhaps Smiley
I didnt lose anything in any scam, but my crystal ball didnt predict $10+K prices either so like so many early adopters, I sold most of my coins way too early.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:16:40 PM

LOL. Just checking in.

As long there are people who do feed up those scammers this system wont never end and it does still exist even up to now. Thread is really old and very informative but new people do jump to crypto do miss out these kind of precautions or guidelines.  Cheesy

Brilliant. So instead of 1000 now I have 1001 merit on a forum I check once a year.. Woohoo  Grin
Id return the favor but I seem to have no merit to send. Im gonna guess one gets sendable merrit by donating to theymos  for a larger yacht the new forum software ?

Grin
I believe that Legendary members do have default smerits of 200 (Correct me if im wrong).
Ha. A small used leaky one perhaps Smiley
I didnt lose anything in any scam, but my crystal ball didnt predict $10+K prices either so like so many early adopters, I sold most of my coins way too early.
What a regretful thing for early adopters who do sold out early but well past is past and theres no turning back into those mistakes.  Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:44:29 PM

As long there are people who do feed up those scammers this system wont never end and it does still exist even up to now. Thread is really old and very informative but new people do jump to crypto do miss out these kind of precautions or guidelines.  Cheesy

Browsing around on this forum, I have to wonder why one would bother with a mining ponzi these days. Seems like the hot new get rich quick scam is promoting nonsense ICOs by paying off shills to post fake reviews on reddit/telegram/facebook/twitter. Its so blatant and even institutionalized on this forum, that this is condoned just boggles my mind. It does remind me why I turned my back on this forum and it explains what Im seeing on the other places.
I believe that Legendary members do have default smerits of 200 (Correct me if im wrong).

Not me. Maybe because I hadnt logged in quite some time. Like a year or so.

What a regretful thing for early adopters who do sold out early but well past is past and theres no turning back into those mistakes.  Wink

Bof. I cant complain too hard. I never bought a single bitcoin, I mined them with a few GPUs and because at least I was smart enough to never sell everything and sell ever smaller slices, Im still tantalizingly close to being able to retire off what I have left. So its hard to feel sorry for myself, I dont need a big yacht Wink
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Browsing around on this forum, I have to wonder why one would bother with a mining ponzi these days. Seems like the hot new get rich quick scam is promoting nonsense ICOs by paying off shills to post fake reviews on reddit/telegram/facebook/twitter. Its so blatant and even institutionalized on this forum, that this is condoned just boggles my mind. It does remind me why I turned my back on this forum and it explains what Im seeing on the other places.

Yes, I had about a year away from here too, it gets to you after a while.
It was good timing, in hindsight, as I walked away from most everything else as well, then came back to "civilization" and my trusty paper wallet to find BTC was in five figures and the tabloid newspapers, so it was quite a logical thing to do to sell it. Didn't buy a yacht tho...

But yeah, I also came back to the tsunami of ICO's and airdrops and bounties and thought WTF?

futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:01:59 AM

is there an UP-TO-DATE list for NOV-DEC 2017 ?
Yeah, I'd like to see an up-to-date list as well.
If you do quick research, you will found out the OP hasn't active since late 2016 and the info can be found in OP's trust page. So, obviously the list of the websites status is outdated, but the criteria still useful.
I suggest you do your own research before invest in cloud mining or ask in this (or any) forum if you're still unsure.

Without any research about the cloud mining, people kept asking the same thing about cloud mining, recently we have seen many cloud mining websites getting into scamming the investors. I don't know how people are investing in cloud mining even though they have seen many scams happening daily.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:02:55 PM

It was good timing, in hindsight, as I walked away from most everything else as well, then came back to "civilization" and my trusty paper wallet to find BTC was in five figures and the tabloid newspapers, so it was quite a logical thing to do to sell it. Didn't buy a yacht tho...

But yeah, I also came back to the tsunami of ICO's and airdrops and bounties and thought WTF?

Wow! 5 figures, aren't you planning on selling out? It cant really be avoided for sometime on getting jealous for those people who do sit in earlier. Most of them are filthy rich just like you.
When it comes to tsunami of ICO and airdrops/bounty then time do change everything but most of them are trash as of now compared on last years.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:26:08 AM

Wow! 5 figures, aren't you planning on selling out? It cant really be avoided for sometime on getting jealous for those people who do sit in earlier. Most of them are filthy rich just like you.
When it comes to tsunami of ICO and airdrops/bounty then time do change everything but most of them are trash as of now compared on last years.
If you consider cloud mining a scam, or potentially harmful financial-wise, please continue reading!

Yes, you are absolutely right, there are "only" 20 million BTCs available for mining. But what about other altcoins whose potential skyrocketing growth is yet to occur?

Presently, mining requires strenuous time and effort, but also adept technical knowledge of mining hardware deployment and maintenance. That’s where MyHashing steps in with strong motivation to provide a simple yet secure cloud mining environment.

So far we have three mining facilities which are located across Georgia. Highly experienced teams of professionals ensure safety of the installation, testing, and maintenance of the equipment, and the delivery of the best results. We use hardware and other mining equipment from Bitfury and Bitmain.
We are constantly searching for low-cost electricity and machine friendly weather conditions to build new facilities.

When our platform launches we will be offering Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash mining contracts. Further down the line we may look into additional crypto currencies. All of our contracts will be signed for a 5 year period.
The packages on offer will be:

Gold – 100 USD – 1 TH/s

Platinum – 475 USD – 5 TH/s

Diamond – 1350 USD – 15 TH/s

Custom – Choose your desired hash rate between 1 TH/s and 1,000 TH/s

Naturally the more hash power you purchase from us, the cheaper the price per TH/s will be.
Our maintenance fee is 0.17 USD a day which will be deducted from your mined coins on a daily basis.

Security, stability and safety will be our main focus and something that we want our users to enjoy without having any concerns.

If you still that there are no legitimate cloud service providers out there, YOU ARE WRONG!

Our website is currently under construction, and will be available shortly.

In the meantime, you can check other interesting specifics via:

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/myhashingmining

TWITTER - https://twitter.com/myhashingmining

BITCOINTALK  -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5026621.msg46151121#msg46151121

1. This thread is dedicated to warn people about scams. Well it was, util it died... Smiley This is not the place to advertise your service. Just saying

2. Anyone with basic math skills can figure out there is no way to make money using your service. Your 1TH contract at $100 will make $0.06 per day (the maintenance fee is subtracted). It will make you $2.5 until the end of the year. I assumed a modest 5% diff increase. After that the maintenance fee will be greater than the mining earnings. So you basically get $2.5 for a $100 investment. Wow, just wow...

Even if we assume no difficulty increase (highly unlikely), you will just barely break even by the end of the 5 year contract. So only if the difficulty stays at the current levels (hint: it wont) you get $100 for a $100.

Much much better to spend $100 and just buy BTC and HODL.
Zoltan Almighty

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:13:14 PM

Recently my Cloud mining thread got deleted.
It is an informative one take a look on these links below
https://www.scribd.com/document/413987132/Cloud-Mining-Questions-Page-1
https://www.scribd.com/document/413987329/Cloud-Mining-Questions-Page-2
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 07:23:37 AM

It is an informative one take a look on these links below
https://www.scribd.com/document/413987132/Cloud-Mining-Questions-Page-1
https://www.scribd.com/document/413987329/Cloud-Mining-Questions-Page-2

Pretty sure it got deleted for a reason. 10/10 it was a scam... Wink
Zoltan Almighty

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 07:16:33 AM

I think so too that something is definitely going on.
I did continued my thread.
Have a look guys.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156844.0
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 10:18:53 AM

I don't see any reason to think that IQ Mining is legit.
They fail just about all the test criteria that this thread uses to establish whether or not a "cloud miner" is actually mining.

Zoltan Almighty

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 09:50:17 PM

I agree,it's fulfilling all the criteria:(
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:38:23 PM

Can you elaborate on what criteria's that you had able fulfilled? 

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 09:15:15 PM

Can you elaborate on what criteria's that you had able fulfilled? 

All the criteria are explained on the first post of the firts page of this thread....

Zoltan Almighty

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:38:30 AM

What’s next then guys?You gonna update the list?

I don't see any reason to think that IQ Mining is legit.
They fail just about all the test criteria that this thread uses to establish whether or not a "cloud miner" is actually mining.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: