Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BTCXE

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:42:04 PM

hashcoin.com         ~1+2+3+4+7          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (user selectable pool requires fee, dc pictures show no miners, linkedin profile doctored, hardware sales very dubious,..)

I would ask you to reconsider Hashcoins - i'm sure they would be glad to hold a Skype call with you to show the office, miners and answer any queries or suspicions you may have

BTCXE.com  - The simple bitcoin converter
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:43:48 PM

hashcoin.com         ~1+2+3+4+7          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (user selectable pool requires fee, dc pictures show no miners, linkedin profile doctored, hardware sales very dubious,..)

I would ask you to reconsider Hashcoins - i'm sure they would be glad to hold a Skype call with you to show the office, miners and answer any queries or suspicions you may have

This should be publicly visible.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:45:15 PM

Any company is free to address the community concerns directly with the public and we will update our reporting shortly after. There is no need for private Skype calls, they should just be more transparent and post the information on their website or here directly.

Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:28:07 PM

I just did reconsider, and, actually changed their entry. It should be hashcoins.com not hashcoin Smiley
As for the actual score, Im pleased to see so many others are getting the hang of it. Indeed, I dont want private skype calls, I want public evidence that everyone can scrutinize. If they can show it to me on skype, surely they can upload it to youtube?
BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:55:56 PM

I just did reconsider, and, actually changed their entry. It should be hashcoins.com not hashcoin Smiley
As for the actual score, Im pleased to see so many others are getting the hang of it. Indeed, I dont want private skype calls, I want public evidence that everyone can scrutinize. If they can show it to me on skype, surely they can upload it to youtube?

absolutely fair point.

the only thing you can accuse them is being content poor, but their channel already shows demonstrates mining equipment, test and also how their developed control panel works.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC062LHKu8m84CZwCHNbGE0w

I was just referring in terms of cloud-mining in particular. Would you want to see the all the miners at work ?

I dont have any affiliation with Hashcoins, aside from my ex-classmate working for them and me doing some business with them in the past. However, they are a full-scale company and provide a full range of mining services from hardware orders to remote hosting to cloudmining

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:18:15 PM

I was just referring in terms of cloud-mining in particular. Would you want to see the all the miners at work ?

hashcoins.com         ~1+2+3+4+7          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (user selectable pool requires fee, dc pictures show no miners, linkedin profile doctored, hardware sales very dubious,..)

2 miners doesn't cut it, any kid in their mothers basement can have that. To remove number 3 above they need to have a least a few pictures of the datacenter with rows of miners or a video walk through of showing their complete capacity.

BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:42:15 PM

hashcoins.com         ~1+2+3+4+7          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (user selectable pool requires fee, dc pictures show no miners, linkedin profile doctored, hardware sales very dubious,..)

2 miners doesn't cut it, any kid in their mothers basement can have that. To remove number 3 above they need to have a least a few pictures of the datacenter with rows of miners or a video walk through of showing their complete capacity.

Considered. Valid point. Will pass on to relevant channels.
You have to understand though that any kid in their mothers basement would not create a business, brand, website in 2 languages, an office and write their own control panel and send order to at least ten customers who already received thei gear and posted about it here.

In your defence though, I think HashCoins management should welcome all skepticism and work to resolving it in a professional manner rather than stooping to the low level of trolling and arguing on boards.

Hence, I urge:

1) the community to express its concerns in a direct, non-accusational way
2) the HashCoins team to address those with proof demanded by the community (and put even more emphasis on developing trust)
and
3) the moderators to keep a lid on it and ensure that dialogue goes in a polite and efficient manner

inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:06:29 PM

You have to understand though that any kid in their mothers basement would not create a business, brand, website in 2 languages, an office and write their own control panel and send order to at least ten customers who already received thei gear and posted about it here.

Disagree. This has been done before and isn't hard to pull off. If anything Puppet and the rest of us should be stricter and add more tests of solvency.

Hence, I urge:
2) the HashCoins team to address those with proof demanded by the community (and put even more emphasis on developing trust)
and
3) the moderators to keep a lid on it and ensure that dialogue goes in a polite and efficient manner

Yes, except for that last part, there is no need for censorship. At this stage in the game with the amount of scandals, any company that comes forward that isn't immediately transparent is an insult to our community and deserves the criticism it gets. If they cannot handle healthy criticism professionally they are showing their immaturity and one should be careful.

BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:16:39 PM

Disagree. This has been done before and isn't hard to pull off. If anything Puppet and the rest of us should be stricter and add more tests of solvency.

Hence, I urge:
and

Yes, except for that last part, there is no need for censorship. At this stage in the game with the amount of scandals, any company that comes forward that isn't immediately transparent is an insult to our community and deserves the criticism it gets. If they cannot handle healthy criticism professionally they are showing their immaturity and one should be careful.

Thanks, im glad we agreed, and no I wasn't talking about censorship, I was just talking about a clear format of discussion with respect on both sides of the argument (Reddit-style AMA's come to mind)

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:29:55 PM

the only thing you can accuse them is being content poor, but their channel already shows demonstrates mining equipment, test and also how their developed control panel works.

Why do you think they made a video of a manipulated image which gives the impression that they have much more mining equipment than they really do? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg9867087#msg9867087

They are scammers, and it's a ponzi. There's no point in being polite about it.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:42:39 PM

Why do you think they made a video of a manipulated image which gives the impression that they have much more mining equipment than they really do? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg9867087#msg9867087

Hashprofit and Hashcoins are different companies.

Hashcoins is a reseller and system integrator of mining hardware who by all accounts has made and sold products. They posted up some impossible stats on a new miner (that no one has seen) and when questioned it posted a doctored cgminer screenshot. I would assume that is why Puppet has listed their hardware sales as questionable.

They also have a cloud mining operation, but have no provided any proof they have a significant amount of hardware to back it up.
BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Hashprofit and Hashcoins are different companies.

Hashcoins is a reseller and system integrator of mining hardware who by all accounts has made and sold products. They posted up some impossible stats on a new miner (that no one has seen) and when questioned it posted a doctored cgminer screenshot. I would assume that is why Puppet has listed their hardware sales as questionable.

They also have a cloud mining operation, but have no provided any proof they have a significant amount of hardware to back it up.

thank you for clearing it up before i would have lost it due to Grinder's ignorance. As i said, I will speak to the guys at HC and will persuade them to put more effort into delivering content that will prove just how serious a business they are.

In the meantime, keep constructive questions coming and keep unbased accusations quiet

and PS. ask the guys who received their orders about the gear. All these accusations yet NOT ONE person has ended up out of pocket

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:10:15 PM

Sorry about the confusion. I'll grant you that the price seems expensive enough that there's a chance they are legitimate. The drawback of that is that the rise in difficulty will most likely make it a losing investment.
BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:14:17 PM

Sorry about the confusion. I'll grant you that the price seems expensive enough that there's a chance they are legitimate. The drawback of that is that the rise in difficulty will most likely make it a losing investment.
no problem, just understand that is TOTALLY different from "Its a ponzi scheme, run away". Rising difficulty and dropping BTC price will make mining a losing investment for EVERYONE

Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:20:45 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 10:36:12 PM by Puppet

"Its a ponzi scheme, run away".

And yet thats exactly how you should treat any cloudmining service for as long as they have not proven their legitimacy.
There is no risk in avoiding a company that later turns out to be legit. The same cant be said from the opposite.
BTCXE

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:29:25 AM

"Its a ponzi scheme, run away".

And yet thats exactly how you should treat any cloudmining service for as long as they have not proven their legitimacy.
There is no risk in avoiding a company that later turns out to be legit. The same cant be said from the opposite.

Sorry, didnt see your profile read "scambuster", just thought you were belligerent for the hell of it.

This industry needs people like yourself to separate the fresh eggs from the rot, so credit to you for your forceful vigilance. In any case, HC will be launching cloudservice & all supporting materials / content soon enough.

KingTylerVVS

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:35:54 AM

great, I just lost my last .110 btc on c-cex. Their wallet now in "maintenance mode" just as I deposited. I think I am done with bitcoin after this. ALL scammers. Nothing but scammers, every fucking exchange and cloud mining company. They all deserve to die.

I earn 20¢ an hour... TWENTY FUCKING PENNIES AN HOUR.

I cannot and will not even try anymore to get a job. There are no jobs left in America. The economy is dead.

And im getting robbed by millionaires. Time to turn into a vigilante.
whitewhidow

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:19:19 AM

great, I just lost my last .110 btc on c-cex. Their wallet now in "maintenance mode" just as I deposited. I think I am done with bitcoin after this. ALL scammers. Nothing but scammers, every fucking exchange and cloud mining company. They all deserve to die.

I cannot and will not even try anymore to get a job. There are no jobs left in America. The economy is dead.

im not from the US.   but seriously. no more jobs?  hahaha

TO WHOEVER STOL MY ACCOUNT AND WAS NOW USING IT AS HIS OWN,   FCK OFF PLEASE   
 - The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
KingTylerVVS

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:14:28 PM

im not from the US.   but seriously. no more jobs?  hahaha

Look what our own military has planned for us: http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx they will kill about 240 million americans in the next 10 years. Our true employment ratio right now? 60% unemployment. USA is quickly being turned into a 3rd world country by the rich and powerful elite. Look up the georgia guidestones. They took out the wealth of the middle class, now they are setting up concentration camps for us all and it's going to be a blood bath. DO RESEARCH - USA is one of the worst countries in the world to live in right now save for a few others. High chance of being unemployed and just waiting for an impending doom. Fuck the new world order
whitewhidow

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:18:05 PM

im not from the US.   but seriously. no more jobs?  hahaha

Look what our own military has planned for us: http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx they will kill about 240 million americans in the next 10 years. Our true employment ratio right now? 60% unemployment. USA is quickly being turned into a 3rd world country by the rich and powerful elite. Look up the georgia guidestones. They took out the wealth of the middle class, now they are setting up concentration camps for us all and it's going to be a blood bath. DO RESEARCH - USA is one of the worst countries in the world to live in right now save for a few others. High chance of being unemployed and just waiting for an impending doom. Fuck the new world order

Im sure that all true what you say, but comon, if you WANT to get a job, there is SOMETHING to do, it might be a shitty job, and it might suck, but really there is SOMETHING to do for more then 20 pennies per hour ...   im sure theres alot of SHITTY jobs that are not getting filled, that actually pay pretty good aswell, or atleast more then 20cents per hour ..

EDIT, i removed the question mark on the end of this, lets not make this thread about something else ..

TO WHOEVER STOL MY ACCOUNT AND WAS NOW USING IT AS HIS OWN,   FCK OFF PLEASE   
 - The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: