Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:22:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to help rebuild ColossusCoin? (ColossusCoin 2.0 Beta Live 03/01/2015)  (Read 5390 times)
tZKtdvt6

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Developer

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:52:25 PM

Hello,

I am only a begginer in this wonderful world of digital economy, as you must to know, but,...
when you say to me:
"If you have too high inflation (more than 10%) then the reward is too great and everyone sells."
Is it said as a negative result or what?
I ask you this because people in general wants be happy trading digital enormous quantities of coins in the markets,...
then,...what is the big problem?
I don't see any by anywhere, If we could modify the algorithm to get enormous quantities by staking and we could launch
to the markets the CV2 coin it would be very funny to all people, staking people, trading people, beginers people,...all people would be interested by your coin.
Until I know BTC has eight decimals actually in the main markets, hasn't it? If we could create or modify the algorithm to have enormous quantities of coins and we got launch
the CV2 coin into some markets trading with BTC. We would stimulate a big great market. It woul be very funny and incredibly useful for the economy.

I simply have given some generals ideas from my point of view. But you must be sure that the only thing that I wish is A BIG IMPORTANT DIGITAL COIN.

I don't have very sure as it is possible that digital coins, in general, can a good day be launched inside a platform of trading. Real Money vs digital coins, but it is something
that also want to know if it is possible. Because, if someone who knows this method get launch in the for example BTC/CV2 pair inside of some platform of trading, and he got
that the reward payments system of the coin will remunerate to the stakers high quantities of coins, for example numbers of 5 (five) ciphers or six, it would be unique.

I hope that you understand what I am trying to explain. Else ask to me. I will be lovely to answer your possible doubs.

Let's build history.

Thank you very much.

I have updated the Sourcecode with my changes I have outlined. I do not feel that it is good to have such high rewards because then too much selling causes the price to fall quickly. If there were 25% more Coins but the price only fell 10%, you would have still more profit than you begin with but then no one wants to buy a Coin that is continually falling in price.

The reward at 4000 Coins a block and 1.1 times fees at most would see a 10% increase in the total amount of Coins depending on how many transactions there are. Not everyone would Stake their Coins though, typically you might see about 50-60% of Coins active in Staking on any given network so the reward would then depend on how active you are in Staking and may end up with 20% over the year where as the moneysupply only grows at 8-10%

I think it would be very similar to POSV of ReddCoin.

Updated sucessfully, all works very well, thank you very much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:07:29 PM

Can anybody good, explain to me what is the real complete proccess to have a invented coin trading into markets, please?
I would like to know if is it completely definitive to invest real money at its starts, I have seen that there are too many coins that
launch an initial IPO, but I don't know If always it is mandatory.
Thank you very much.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:35:31 PM

Can anybody good, explain to me what is the real complete proccess to have a invented coin trading into markets, please?
I would like to know if is it completely definitive to invest real money at its starts, I have seen that there are too many coins that
launch an initial IPO, but I don't know If always it is mandatory.
Thank you very much.

I don't think a full IPO is necessary for a Coin to do well, often it is only the case when you need to pay people to do work on the Coin. This is a little different because we want to distribute it across all COL holders at a fixed rate and I will need to do the work on the wallet/protocol (since most people don't know how). What will be set for Swap will be held in Escrow, and approximately 25% of the Coins held for Costs, rewards and Bounties. I will need to sell a few percent of the Float to help with getting a Block explorer up and some hosting for seednodes and will need approximately 3 BTC to get listed on CCEDK as a CV2/NBT listing (ColossusCoin2/Nubits). I talked to the CCEDK exchange owner and he is interested but we must not assume anything but there is no rush to get it on an exchange right now.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:53:51 AM

Added in new Wallet Features

-Block explorer

-Statistics

-IRC chat

-Links to Facebook and Twitter

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:23:36 AM

Just a quick update

Hardfork went smoothly and rewards are what they are supposed to be now, ended up getting no real help with it (which is OK because I am capable to do it myself)

Added in the Prebuild Branches for use of sending using minimal Coinage, and refactoring for AcceptToMemorypool
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:54:11 PM

Fixed up some placeholder text, cleaned up some capitalization and changed Volume in the Statistics to "Total Money Supply".

Currently doing checks on the addition of use of minimal Coinage when sending transactions.

Also Promo video's are being updated for the full release.

I enjoy working on this Smiley
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:53:31 AM

Use of minimal Coinage has been merged with the master branch, cleaned up the QT Makefile a bit so it builds correctly.
m_j

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:28:20 PM

hello,

i noticed your discussion on the new client,

when is the offical announcement date of the finalised COL2.0 client?

we need a counter like this:

http://countdown.onlineclock.net/

http://s1.postimg.org/jtuibycj3/COLforum.png
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:36:36 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 01:23:58 AM by Crestington

hello,

i noticed your discussion on the new client,

when is the offical announcement date of the finalised COL2.0 client?

we need a counter like this:

http://countdown.onlineclock.net/

Just need to setup a couple DNS-seeders so that no one needs to use config files and to go back and fine tune the retargeting. I also have a few extra features I have my heart set on like the use of multiple wallets, Stake for charity and advanced node msg handling (improved sync performance).

Pretty much as soon as I am happy with all of it and it will run out of the box perfectly then we release the Krakken.
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:46:51 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 12:23:22 PM by tZKtdvt6

It sounds very good Crestington!.

I hope all be smooth and relaxing.

For the moment the miner is making money, thats really good.

Thank you a lot.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:56:15 PM

It sounds very good Crestington!.

I hope all be smooth and relaxing.

For the moment the miner is making money, thats really good.

Thank you a lot.

Awesome, I also have a new optional client that you can test as well and want to get a little feedback with.

New client comes with a fix to the IRC, links to relevant resources in the social tab and use of minimal Coinage when sending, couple changes to the look of the statistics, a few minor tweaks to the text to make it look nicer.

tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:33:43 PM

Are we going to be able to do trading inside the new wallet, for example to be connected to any exchange?

Where is the link to the new features wallet?

What exactly is going to be the kraken, (if it is possible to know it) that you have mentioned before?

Thank you very much.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:04:33 PM

Are we going to be able to do trading inside the new wallet, for example to be connected to any exchange?

We can do exchanges later on, the protocol is the most important part to work on in order to make sure the security is there. I want to work a bit more on use of multiple loadable wallets, Stake for Charity, advanced node messaging, quick sync functions, and protocol functions helping retargeting of difficulty and security. Exchanges are less of a priority right now, better to see work being done on improving how it works first, at the very least it would not be hard to just create a link to an exchange it's listed on.

Where is the link to the new features wallet?

I sent you a link for testing

What exactly is going to be the kraken, (if it is possible to know it) that you have mentioned before?

Thank you very much.

The Kraken was a joke meaning to release an all out marketing campaign

The Kraken is a giant sea monster that destroyed sailing ships http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken and was made popular by Kraken Rum's "Release the Kraken!" marketing campaign http://www.krakenrum.com/ and inspired a large trend of meme's
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:22:32 PM

Updated to the new CV2 wallet with all good characteristics.

Thank you very much by the information and the link to the new wallet.

The link was inside the masterthread, I haven't looked recently there, but now it is there.

I hope that you are very happy with all checks, and tests,...

Maybe you want to communicate us more things soon, in relation with the new characteristics already implemented or future ideas to
development.

I'll be happy of receiving them.

kubuminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:07:28 PM

And so guys wait start with our pool- http://cv2.binpool.com/

Pre-ann start!
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:55:38 AM

anything? anyone?

dead?

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:19:23 AM

anything? anyone?

dead?

Rebirth and final checks
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 03:44:49 AM

i will help with escrow to exchange old COL to new COL.

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:48:17 AM

Sorry but I need to go back and do some checks on the Proof of Stake rewards, there is a bug present that would make all the Blocks reward at the maximum subsidy rather than to reward at the proof of Stake reward or maximum subsidy (whichever is lower). It's not an easy task when pushing the boundaries of Proof of Stake.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:30:57 AM

UPDATE FEB 3, 2014

I am closing this thread since I don't want to have multiple threads cluttering up the forums and confusing everyone as we progress into the final version. All further discussion will be moved to our launch thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941433.0 but keeping this thread as reference to the active progression of the project.

I want to thank everyone for their support and patience with us and hope you understand that we want to provide only the best for the community.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: