Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Question of Vod and Depth 2 Trust List  (Read 2477 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:47:21 AM

I really hate the trust system. I avoid many conflicts and calling out scammers so I don't get random negatives. It keeps me quiet vs exposing people.
Of course Theymos doesn't moderate that unjust feedback, only when "trusted" people leave feedback for others. Funny, if he trusts them so much, I wonder, why does he have to resort to extortion using the default trust list in order to coerce people into following his dictates.  It seems like Theymos would rather have a revolving door system of new users to profit from rather than an actual long term community that actually builds real trust, not just ratings on a screen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

I really hate the trust system. I avoid many conflicts and calling out scammers so I don't get random negatives. It keeps me quiet vs exposing people.
Of course Theymos doesn't moderate that unjust feedback, only when "trusted" people leave feedback for others. Funny, if he trusts them so much, I wonder, why does he have to resort to extortion using the default trust list in order to coerce people into following his dictates.  It seems like Theymos would rather have a revolving door system of new users to profit from rather than an actual long term community that actually builds real trust, not just ratings on a screen.

Yeah I've been here a long time but I've been thinking about just leaving the account and using throwaways or just going to Reddit and closing my escrow service. A troll just lit up my feedback anyway I spent years keeping perfect. I'm over it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: