Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW! - 4x 7970 --- [ 16x Sapphire Toxic 5850 + 1 x Intel Core i7-3960X ]  (Read 6251 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:27:04 PM

I smelled fish on 2 of those nicks when I first saw them posting, but I didn't bother investigating.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:34:58 PM

See the two lending threads for both of em.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88705.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88875.0

I see a similarity in the title, and the select capitalization.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 04:43:56 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2012, 04:55:49 PM by MrTeal

I am the one who purchased the 16 Toxic 5850s from Sylkyx. He sent me a picture of them along with a named and dated sign (or at least 15 of them, in the 3x5 array), and has provided a DHL tracking number. The tracking number is still not up on the DHL site, but there's still the possibility it will be soon.

I have noticed that HonorMe and Sylkyx log in and log off at the same time, so I've been careful with this transaction as everyone should be with big purchases from new users. I'll let everyone know when the shipment gets into the system and when/if I get the cards.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 05:19:08 PM

I am the one who purchased the 16 Toxic 5850s from Sylkyx. He sent me a picture of them along with a named and dated sign (or at least 15 of them, in the 3x5 array), and has provided a DHL tracking number. The tracking number is still not up on the DHL site, but there's still the possibility it will be soon.

I have noticed that HonorMe and Sylkyx log in and log off at the same time, so I've been careful with this transaction as everyone should be with big purchases from new users. I'll let everyone know when the shipment gets into the system and when/if I get the cards.

sounds good. I'm probably just being paranoid. And with the influx of new users over the past few months there are bound to be similarites in their locations, etc.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sylkyx (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

Hi there,
Sorry i am not subcribed to these threads otherwise i may have responded sooner. I am confused as who else you are referring to other than myself. I have others on this forum who can vouch for how genuine i actually am. Yes, that picture is same, as its the same rig, i never sold my entire rig, just the cpu, so why that would be brought up in this thread i do not know.

Besides, i shipped 16x 5850s to MrTeal yesterday morning, still waiting for the tracking to be updated with DHL. I provided a signed picture of all 16 cards and have been doing a fair number of genuine business on these forums over the last few days to raise money for my signature.

Please could you not try and give me a bad name on this forum when i am working very hard to do the opposite.  

Edit: Oh you are talking about HonorMe. The only thing i have in common with him is a sale we made a few days ago. Regarding login/logout times, i am not able to verify this.
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:07:46 PM

I smell fish. And not the eatible kind....

All this evidence is very circumstantial and imho you're wandering into the FUD zone. I politely ask you to not clutter up a sales thread unless you have something more concrete. As far as I can tell, sylkyx has been more than professional and demonstrates good faith that he wants to complete the transactions posted.

There is a separate Trading Discussion forum which might be more appropriate if you believe that he is attempting to scam people.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:45:07 PM

Hi there,
Sorry i am not subcribed to these threads otherwise i may have responded sooner. I am confused as who else you are referring to other than myself. I have others on this forum who can vouch for how genuine i actually am. Yes, that picture is same, as its the same rig, i never sold my entire rig, just the cpu, so why that would be brought up in this thread i do not know.

Besides, i shipped 16x 5850s to MrTeal yesterday morning, still waiting for the tracking to be updated with DHL. I provided a signed picture of all 16 cards and have been doing a fair number of genuine business on these forums over the last few days to raise money for my signature.

Please could you not try and give me a bad name on this forum when i am working very hard to do the opposite.  

Edit: Oh you are talking about HonorMe. The only thing i have in common with him is a sale we made a few days ago. Regarding login/logout times, i am not able to verify this.

No worries at all. If you are on the up and up then I am the only one who will be left with a bad name for jumping to conclusions too quickly.  And I never leave things hanging. If I am wrong I am more then willing to say so and clear up any issues if I cause them.

All this evidence is very circumstantial and imho you're wandering into the FUD zone. I politely ask you to not clutter up a sales thread unless you have something more concrete. As far as I can tell, sylkyx has been more than professional and demonstrates good faith that he wants to complete the transactions posted.

There is a separate Trading Discussion forum which might be more appropriate if you believe that he is attempting to scam people.

yea, I am aware of the available 'forums' here. And if I thought you were getting scammed I would have PMd you. I posted here instead of trade because anyone interested in the 16 cards would not have saw it in time. The parties invloved saw my posts, contacted me and have cleared some things up. Thanks for your useful input though.  I may be mistaken but one thing I do not do is spread FUD. If I bother to spend my personal time on something it is becaue it either has value to me or I belive it to be beneficial to others. In this case I am hopefully wrong but that does not change the info that I saw which is much more than the small bit of 'circumstantial' info I posted here.

Regards,
 Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:39:37 AM

Thanks Derek, I understand that people do have to be weary these days, however the 16 cards i have sent to MrTeal are now available for tracking, so i do hope this clears up any doubts about me and my sincerity.
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

Andrew Roost?

- GA

sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:21:27 PM

I feel members would like to know, the 16 cards shipped to MrTeal are confined to have arrived by DHL
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:12:13 PM

I feel members would like to know, the 16 cards shipped to MrTeal are confined to have arrived by DHL

confirmed by who? DHL shows the package stuck in customs.

- GA

sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:22:22 PM

11.   Processed for clearance at CALGARY - CANADA    CALGARY, AB - CANADA   16:06
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:24:03 PM

11 Clearance delay CALGARY, AB - CANADA  16:06   
10 Processed for clearance at CALGARY - CANADA CALGARY, AB - CANADA  16:06

- GA

sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:06:41 PM

May i ask what you have against me when i have been nothing but decent on these forums?
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:08:39 PM

May i ask what you have against me when i have been nothing but decent on these forums?

notthing at all. Just posting the correct information.

- GA

sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:15:22 PM

I copy and pasted that directly from the DHL website, so as far as i am concerned that is correct information.
sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:05:39 PM

Wednesday, June 27, 2012   Location   Time   Pieces
13   Processed at CALGARY - CANADA    CALGARY, AB - CANADA   12:35   

12   Clearance processing complete at CALGARY - CANADA    CALGARY, AB - CANADA   11:58

feel better now?
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:10:11 PM

I will take the 4x 7970's for 180 BTC, if we use "Cablez" as an escrow agent.  Only if he agress of course, but I am sure he will. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
sylkyx (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:29:24 PM

Yes, i would be willing to do this.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:26:08 PM

Got a SATA cable in the mail today, which isn't exactly what I ordered. Somehow there must have been a mixup in shipping. The phone number he gave me didn't seem to work, but I was able to find the right one and I gave him a call at home. He was very apologetic for the mistake, and agreed to fix it within 24 hours. I remain suspicious, but I will follow up in this for anyone else interested.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: