Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW! - 4x 7970 --- [ 16x Sapphire Toxic 5850 + 1 x Intel Core i7-3960X ]  (Read 6251 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:47:37 PM

Did Azn atleast get his cpu?

Not yet. The shipping number is still invalid afaik too.

sorry to hear that. With your deal you've atleast got everything buttoned up in escrow right?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

Did Azn atleast get his cpu?

Not yet. The shipping number is still invalid afaik too.

sorry to hear that. With your deal you've atleast got everything buttoned up in escrow right?

Correct.

I'm a bit confused why he would try something like this since I insisted on escrow if he were actually intent on scamming me. Originally he wanted to send first and then when I got the package, I would send bitcoins and processor without dealing with escrow.

But I insisted on an escrow as protection for both parties since the sums involved were rathar large.

He still has my benefits of the doubt (maybe HonorMe is his roommate or something?), but anymore strikes would make me feel quite uncomfortable.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:06:06 AM

Correct.

I'm a bit confused why he would try something like this since I insisted on escrow if he were actually intent on scamming me. Originally he wanted to send first and then when I got the package, I would send bitcoins and processor without dealing with escrow.

But I insisted on an escrow as protection for both parties since the sums involved were rathar large.

He still has my benefits of the doubt (maybe HonorMe is his roommate or something?), but anymore strikes would make me feel quite uncomfortable.
I don't belive you guys were the intended targets. He was using the trades with you and MrTeal as credit towards some new loans on both accounts.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:10:08 AM

Yes, please pay your loan back before you raise money for your sister who has cancer.  Because that is more important.

Classy move, Znort.

Very classy.

You idiot.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 05:27:40 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 05:57:37 AM by BurtW

I do feel bad for MrTeal.  

At one point he/they may have actually intended to send the cards to MrTeal as a way of building rep because I do believe that us lenders were the real intended target.  I got to chat with him through PM several times and something just did not feel right to me.

What really pushed me to the scammer side was not anything he/they said in here (these forums) although suspicious, it was this:  http://www.indiegogo.com/p/122324

Which he linked to from this message:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88015.msg968353#msg968353

The whole "Cancer Sick Sister" page itself reeks of scam.  

My working theory is because that did not work, raised $0, and having spent all the time to write up that scam and not wanting to waste the effort he/they then came here to the Bitcoin forums.  The idea was to sell a few things, build some rep, then scam as many large loans as possible.

When the lenders became suspicious the fall back was to take what they could on the cards.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:47:43 PM

I am willing to bet this guy is 100% an alias of DoubleIcaras guy that scammed 200 BTC off the fools here ...

Not happy ... soon BTC will be used by Nigerians for 419 frauds too Angry
BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:28:53 PM

I am generally quite a sympathetic person but tbh this is just beyond ridiculous. All the glaring warning signs were there for literally months. Anyone who couldn't see the cancer sister page was a scam is an idiot. Look at the poor spelling and cheesy bullshit. If this guy isn't Nigerian I will eat my own toes..

And yes I have been scammed out of a couple of btc here and there from various business deals, but for this large a transaction there is no excuse for stupidity like this after receiving so many warning from other posters..

PS: this isn't hindsight bias I saw these threads weeks ago and laughed at this guys pathetic attempt at scamming. little did I know he'd actually be successful. doh!

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:22:35 PM

DAWCHS! DAWCHS!!!

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:45:06 PM

Given the non-response from PMs, the still invalid DHL tracking number, and recent developments here on this thread, I believe sylkyx actually was actually attempting to scam some loans and has no intention of actually sending me the processor and now want my bitcoins back so I can pay off the loan I put up for this trade.

I will PM hashking in a moment with my bitcoin address.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 12:03:55 AM

Given the non-response from PMs, the still invalid DHL tracking number, and recent developments here on this thread, I believe sylkyx actually was actually attempting to scam some loans and has no intention of actually sending me the processor and now want my bitcoins back so I can pay off the loan I put up for this trade.

I will PM hashking in a moment with my bitcoin address.

thank goodness for escrow. It may not prevent the hassles of a bad deal but atleast the bitcoins are preserved.

- GA

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:21:11 AM

Please do not post his dox. He may be a POS thief who has no qualm stealing from people, but we should respect his privacy.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:25:11 AM

Please do not post his dox. He may be a POS thief who has no qualm stealing from people, but we should respect his privacy.
A thief deserves privacy?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:32:34 AM

A thief deserves privacy?
Don't mind me. I'm just trying that reverse psychology thing I read about on teh internet.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 02:46:41 AM

The only reason I can think of not to dox him is that MrTeal might want to sell everything he has (and that appears to be a lot) to a collection agent in the thief's home area.  Possibly by talking to his parents some of the money may be recoverable.

A very long shot I know.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:19:09 AM

Aye, I would concur since only one party ended up being harmed in this case we should leave the doxing decision up to that party.

- GA

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 06:50:14 AM

didnt you guys find out where some of the other scammers live ?
just curious what has ever been done to them... besides bad mouth them on the forums ?

shameless plug..  I will buy bad debts / assist in collecting from scammers in Australia =)

So sylkyx = HonorMe = InterCoin?
Yes.

Unfortunately for him, we know where he lives, his
phone number and where he goes to school ... he's
likely going to have an interesting time in the coming
weeks.

bulanula

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:42:46 AM

just curious what has ever been done to them... besides bad mouth them on the forums ?

shameless plug..  I will buy bad debts / assist in collecting from scammers in Australia =)

So sylkyx = HonorMe = InterCoin?
Yes.

Unfortunately for him, we know where he lives, his
phone number and where he goes to school ... he's
likely going to have an interesting time in the coming
weeks.

A big fat NOTHING because you cannot do crap about stolen BTC.

BTC is the best tool for Nigerian scammers like me.

Too bad nobody in the community gets to practise the jailhouse mining techniques when they drop the soap Cheesy !

I am waiting for government enforced cryptocurrency, if that will ever exist Grin
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:57:47 AM

Some idiot from Germany got doxed and was about to get arrested before he suddenly decided to return all the BTC and blame everything on his roommate. Can't remember the thread though.

bulanula

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Some idiot from Germany got doxed and was about to get arrested before he suddenly decided to return all the BTC and blame everything on his roommate. Can't remember the thread though.

Arrested for WHAT ?

Surely not for the stolen BTC ... nobody recognizes them anyway.

"Crybaby : mom, he stole my imaginary money !
Police : Stop trolling noob !"
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 11:11:38 AM

Arrested for WHAT ?

Surely not for the stolen BTC ... nobody recognizes them anyway.

"Crybaby : mom, he stole my imaginary money !
Police : Stop trolling noob !"

Can't remember, but apparently it was serious enough for him ti do a 180 and return the money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: