Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptostocks - BTC,DVC,LTC denominated Stock Exchange/Crowdfunding Platform  (Read 46036 times)
Cryptostocks (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 05:43:34 AM

The server has gone unresponsive and and has been rebooted. It is currently running a file system check. More updates will follow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 06:19:08 AM

Service is back up and running.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:34:28 PM

New features released:

- Options: underwrite or buy options
 - additional tab on the legend to show all your received dividends
 - full trading API released for orders
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:04:27 PM

SWEET! Glad you guys are adding new toys. Smiley

RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:30:58 AM

Stupid question, I had a little trouble finding how to make an Announcement From an Asset?
I already looked in the help section, and under the asset/Announcement section.

Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:28:13 PM

You can only make announcements for your own security. You do this by selecting the "My projects" tab. You'll find a range of icons at the right hand side for the various actions you can perform on your security, one of them being "Announcements".  Its an icon in the form of an envelope.

Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 01:19:17 PM

Various changes released:
- now with the possibility to sort by the various columns on the project/security listing screen
- switching between tabs does not require a server round trip, thus faster response times
- added a total order amount on the trading screen
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:42:00 PM

Fixed it.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 01:54:51 PM

New features released:
  • Security issuer can now initiate a trade stop, purpose is to halt all trading activities before important news are being released. The issuer can set a trade stop any time, as well as cancel it anytime.
  • Trading surcharge fee for security issuer. Each security can have a security trading fee surcharge. As the name says, its a surcharge on top of the exchange's fee (additive). All proceedings from this fee surcharge go to the security issuer.  At this point in time the fee surcharge is capped at max. 0.2%.  Security issuers need to be aware that these collected fees should be considered income for the security and dealt with accordingly.
    Users can identify the surcharge via three means: a) the projects tab shows an additional column with the fee surcharge b) the details info screen of the security shows the surcharge c) the trading screen blends in an orange message showing the additional fee.

Bug fixes:
  • The release of the new project list interface accidentally dropped the trade-in as well as the share transfer icons. They have been added back in again.

As usual, the developer's log https://cryptostocks.com/developerlog and the help pages https://cryptostocks.com/welcome/help give more information.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 02:34:19 PM

New feature released:
 - Display your listed project's advertisement for free on the main page. If multiple ads are submitted, they will be auto rotated.
RandomQ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:53:24 AM

Wow those Ads are Huge, a big distraction because they rotate way too fast.

I feel that it makes the site look cheezy, unprofessional, and very gimmicky.

The ads need to be only on the login page, or much smaller with a much longer rotation period.

With the constant changing of the ads, when your trying to input trades, its very distracting and IMHO makes the site unusable.

Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 01:55:59 AM

Wow those Ads are Huge, a big distraction because they rotate way too fast.

The change is every 3 seconds, I'll increase it to 5 and see how it goes.

I feel that it makes the site look cheezy, unprofessional, and very gimmicky.

The ads are only for listed securities (with one or two exceptions for special cases, e.g. someone has contributed to the sites service), so it ads value to the sites service. We'll try to guide publishers to keep the ads look professional, though that of course is very much a personal choice. We'll monitor it and see how it goes and how the feedback of the rest of the community is.

The ads need to be only on the login page, or much smaller with a much longer rotation period.

With the constant changing of the ads, when your trying to input trades, its very distracting and IMHO makes the site unusable.

The ads only show up on the landing page (home page). No ads should be showing up on the project registger or the trading screen.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:43:40 AM

5 seconds?

Come on, don't be one of 'those sites'...

All of their constantly updating ads just irritate me to no end.

Tossing up a new ad on page load is plenty, and just leave it there.

-- Smoov
RandomQ

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:32:12 PM

anyone else noticing delays on emails from cryptostocks?
Dividend emails and purchase emails are arriving 5 days after happening?
the email account is question is on gmail
Kumala

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:00:06 PM

Listing fees reduced to:
 BTC denominated securities: 2 BTC
 LTC denominated securities: 200 LTC
 DVC denominated securities: 1,000,000 DVC

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:28:32 PM

I like your project - good job!

I am going to create new virtual company in next week or two. I am quite missing short term investments on established crypto coin crowdfunding projects so i am going to create such one:
- IPO would be < 3000 LTC
- invested coins should be returned during 6-12 months on dividents

Originally i was thinking about listing the project on litecoinglobal, but then i was shocked by 500LTC listing fee (too much for such low budget project - in comparsion with other projects) and i find reasonable Cryptostocks listing fee 200LTC. BUT i have some doubts about Cryptostocks project current health wich i will describe further.

As we can see trading volume (in time of writing this post) in last seven days is ~740 BTC, ~200 LTC, ~27*10^6 DVC which is imho very nice trading volume. Unfortunatelly it seems that almost all volume is made on trading issues of only 5 from total 26 projects! Yesterday (28. 3. 2013) a new project with ticker "ADMIN" was listed, but there is no trade during more than 24 hours since listing which makes me curious if a community using Cryptostocks like to invest to new projects or just to speculate on VCX and DVB shares :-( . Because i would rather invest 500 LTC for listing on litecoinglobal and have high possibility of emmiting all shares(they seem to have larger user comunity so far), than pay 200 LTC on Cryptostocks and pray to sell at least some shares.

That makes me to ask three questions:
- is there any way (or will be in near future) to see how many projects issued shares were actually bought by users of Cryptostocks so i could check if any shares of new "ADMIN" project were sold?
- what makes such big unsuccess of most of listed projects?
- (this question is for everyone reading) would you invest in new project with which can be risky as it didn't gain long durating trust(all of us already met some scammer, right?) or you like to invest only to older projects which seems to be "verified"(as a project on crypto coin investment platform can be) by the time?

Kumala

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:12:44 AM

Yes, there are several stocks that show very little trading volume. Whether this is due to a lack of willingness of investors to buy into these stocks or the unwillingness of existing shareholders to sell their shares is difficult to judge.

Ultimately anyone is free to list a project here on Cryptostocks, we do not filter or judge the projects listed. The investors need to do their homework and decide which projects are worthwhile investing in.

To come to your questions:
 - the actual number of shares sold are visible under the category "Shares held publicly" on the info tab of the security
 - Success of a listed project depends on many aspects:
     - a convincing business, a new business is always easier to sell than just another pass-through, mining farm, etc.
     - marketing, don't underestimate the efforts required to make your project known to the public

My personal opinion is that many just list a project and believe investors will come knocking on their doors. Reality is: you need to go out and seek your investors.

ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:51:45 PM

Thank you for your opinion! It certanly has a point.

I was wondering recently - do I have to pay listing fee at the time of listing project(with no investor guarantee) or there is possibility to lock first 200 LTC from IPO and pay it as listing fee?
Kumala

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:09:22 AM

The listing fee becomes applicable at the time of creating the project/listing.

Kumala

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:36:11 PM

March dividend of 0.01458807 BTC per elegible share paid out (total 125.63245884 BTC), which is an equivalent of 35% yearly yield at latest share trade price. Investor report will be posted on https://vircurex.com in the coming days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: