Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptostocks - BTC,DVC,LTC denominated Stock Exchange/Crowdfunding Platform  (Read 46043 times)
Cryptostocks (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:40:39 PM

First of all, teh Exchange does not vouch for any security listed. In order to support investors in their decision making on which security to invest in, we offer a verification level for each security issued. It is up to the security issuer to decide which verification level he wants to apply for.

Please review https://cryptostocks.com/verification on the various verification levels we offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:13:06 PM

Some new features released:
  - RSS Feed
  - Twitter Feed
  - Redmine plugin
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:31:53 PM

Hey Devs!  I'd like to suggest a feature, but I wanted to open it up for discussion just in case it's considered a bad idea by the community.

Could you implement a system that would allow users to "gift" stocks to other users.  The reason I ask is because I manage the MLAF security which purpose is to invest into the future Microcash currency.  Many users have contacted me asking/wanting to find a way to invest into the asset fund, but all they have are solidcoins.  The stock is sold in BTC, but they want to invest in it using SLC, which I would be willing to accept.

If there was a way that shares could be "gifted", the SLC holders could purchase stocks from someone holding shares that they had purchased in BTC and then the initial owner could "gift" them to the other user.

I would like to mention that I DO NOT believe that stocks that are being sold by the creator of the security should be giftable by the manager of the security.  In other words, since I created the MLAF, I can't gift them from my account.  Instead, someone must purchase them in BTC and then that individual can gift them to whomever they desire after the first purchase has taken place for the face value of the stock.

Also, I propose that you charge the gifter a flat fee (say, .1BTC).  That way Cryptostocks will get a fee for the transaction and this should prevent deals from being cut that try to skirt the exchange fees because the cost of the transaction would be kind of high.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 02:59:33 PM

Good idea, as we cant possibly be supporting all crypto currencies, this feature would allow for individual trades in other currency pairs. Things to consider though, and hence maybe a day or two of thinking this over:
- the participants have no guarantee that the off the book transfer of currencies is "secure", the payment between the two parties is something the two parties need to ensure, the exchange is not involved in that process and obviously not be held accountable.
- the price agreed for the "transfer" is not known publicly, we loose transparency on what price was used to trade those shares. But I guess this is similar to real live, you can hand over your stocks to anyone else at any price you deem fit.

My first thought is, yes, lets get it implemented, any thoughts from the community?

And while at it, another feature that I belive to be of interest is the transfer of shares from the share issuer to others during the initial IPO, e.g. if you list a new security and the condition is that 30% of the shares are held by a group of people whereas  the  70% are issued to the public. Then the question is, how do you move the 30% from the issuer to the initial owners?  So a share transfer during share issue (first share issue only?) would be a required feature. Question: Nice to have or a require feature?

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 04:26:43 PM

I would consider this a "nice to have", bordering "necessary" feature.  I understand that as a stock exchange you exist to both provide a service and generate profit.  That's why I recommend that each transfer have some form of fee structure, whether it be a flat fee or a fee based off of the value of the stock.

I specifically called this the ability to "gift" stock because the idea is that one individual is giving away a stock to another individual.  Cryptostocks should only transfer ownership and it shouldn't care about the terms of transfer that were accepted by either party.  This should be understood by both parties.

As far as the security issuer being able to gift stock, I that it could be acceptable.  However, I think the terms need to be specified before the security is created.  When the creator set's up the security, their should be a fixed, drop-down option that allows them to specify how many securities that will hold, as a percentage of the total. 

This could allow for a security to have "institution owned" shares and "public" shares.  The institutional shares would effectively be the same as the public, except they are both giftable and, possibly, they receive their portion of dividend payments.

This feature shouldn't be modifiable once the security is created.  Each time the security issuer, issues a new series of stock, the issuer should be automatically allocated their percentage of stock, as outlined by the security details when it was first created.

If this is implemented, I don't think this feature should be allowed for existing securities (which includes my own security, the MLAF).  This would be a bit unfair to existing share holders if the security manager had the ability to arbitrarily set how many stocks they own and can gift to whomever they desire.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:49:42 PM

It is done, share transfers are now available (for a fee ofcourse). Go to "My Shares" in the securities screen and click on that icon on the right hand side.

The transfer is immediately and irreversible.
fm1234

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:16:49 PM

@Cryptostocks

On your verification levels, wouldn't it make more sense for a postal address to be subordinate to an ID copy?   The former is generally a less valuable/reliable means of tracking someone down, yet it gets the submitter a higher level of verification. 

Frank
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:10:20 PM

This really needs a 2 Factor form of authentication, I won't trust any site with more than 1 BTC if they don't offer this function.

If you are going to spend 10 BTC to issue a new asset, you could have 100's of BTC worth of Assets in your account.
If your account password got hacked and someone sold off all your assets at bargain basement prices and then withdrew the BTC the Asset Issuer is screwed.

Please add Google Auth Or Yubikey 2-Factor

I already have (12) 2-factor accounts, and have not lost a single BTC due to hacking yet.
Kumala

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:54:32 PM

It's on our to-do lust. As interest in 2 factor authentication is increasing, we'll move it up our priority list.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
WITRcenter

Activity: 88

W Investment Technology Research Center

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:03:29 AM

It is fantastic exchange. I bet that the GLBSE won't be protect by the network effect for very long.

• 2 factor authentication
  • Download full trading history in CSV files.
  • It should be easier for people go to the trading interface for a certain assets from anywhere in the page. For example, when I have a GMP share and the GMP shows up at the right side after I log in, It should need only
  • a click on the "GMP" to jump to the trade interface of GMP.

WIT-2, a new equity investment opportunity offered by W Investment Technology Research Center.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=132035.msg1414857#msg1414857
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Cryptostocks are for ponzis that can't get verified.
Kumala

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:20:11 PM

A verification system has been build in, but it is the security issuer's choice whether or not and if yes, what level of verification he chooses. The investor on the other hand has the choice to invest or not invest into securities issued by unverified people.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:49:27 AM

Could you lower the withdraw fee, please? it's quite usual nowadays charge withdraw fee.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
RandomQ

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:11:16 AM

Could you lower the withdraw fee, please? it's quite usual nowadays charge withdraw fee.

And update the fee's page, because it does not list the withdraw fee on it.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:11:42 PM

Fees for withdrawal have been added to the fee information page.

We'll be eliminating withdrawal fees on the next code upgrade coming weekend, other features to look out for:
 - Yubikey support
 - Security rating

Features planned for the weeks after
 - Securities issuers can make announcements
 - Voting
 - Offline Shareownership Documents (will allow you to store your share certificates, i.e. take them out of the exchange, protecting them from possible account hacking, while still being entitled to all dividend payments)
 - Google OpenID
 - Google authenticator
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:24:37 PM

Fees for withdrawal have been added to the fee information page.

We'll be eliminating withdrawal fees on the next code upgrade coming weekend, other features to look out for:
 - Yubikey support
 - Security rating

Features planned for the weeks after
 - Securities issuers can make announcements
 - Voting
 - Offline Shareownership Documents (will allow you to store your share certificates, i.e. take them out of the exchange, protecting them from possible account hacking, while still being entitled to all dividend payments)
 - Google OpenID
 - Google authenticator

I am looking forward to this!

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
RandomQ

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:40:31 PM

Just a small question

Is Cryptostocks or the Parent company registered to do business in Germany? Or some other country?
I was going through old posts and it said you may register in Germany or china,etc (vircurex)

Also what do you feel is the current legal climate of offering Securities in that location?
I was just curious because of the SEC investigating Pirate40.(I'm not running a Ponzi)

Kumala

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:42:33 AM

Neither of them is incorporated at this point in time, its of rather low priority at the moment, given the current business volume we are making.

As to your question on "current legal climate offering securities":  Most likely it wont be possible to open a security exchange in any of the countries in this world, we'ld probably need to rephrease it as Project Financing, Micro-Credit Facilitation, etc. But even then, I doubt Germany is an option, looks as if that kind of business requires to be registerd with the BAFIN (http://www.bafin.de), so if the day comes were we must get incorporated, an offshore loction will probably be the way to go.

The Pirate default is ofcourse a most unfortunate event. The size of the default is putting even more scrutiny on the Bitcoin economy by government agencies than we had before and might even limit or hamper the future operations for crowd funding platforms. But the beauty of electronic exchanges and the nature of Bitcoins, it won't be difficult to relocate the hosting infrastructure to another county when necessary, knowing that it doesn't necessarily solve the problem about the US Wire Act.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:44:16 PM

Looking forward to the new features.

I guess we can have a further discussion on the legitimization of bitcoin equity exchanges after Nefario has tried. I don't believe that it is impossible all around the world. Even in China of dictatorship, the companies can find a way out to raise capital from the NYSE or NASDAQ market. With the help of the smart lawyers, we definitely will be able to find way out.

@Cryptostocks:

Nefario said that you're that interested in accept the GLBSE assets to list on your exchange, could you please tell us why here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112551.msg1219756#msg1219756

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Kumala

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:55:20 AM

New features released, the major ones being:

- Yubikey support
 - Security issuer can make announcements
 - Security issuer can initiate "Request for Vote"

Check the developer's log for the complete list: https://cryptostocks.com/developerlog

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: