Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:08:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vacation tours in major tourist cities  (Read 1126 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:01:13 PM

I was in Budapest for the weekend and one of the first things I tried to do was go to a Bitcoin accepting restaurant. But when I got there it was closed. I wasn't really sure what their hours were so I went somewhere else.
It wasn't until Sunday night that I tried another Bitcoin place (that I wasn't sure if it was a bar or if they served food). Turns out it was a restaurant and bar but I already had dinner reservations so I just had a few drinks. But I saw that they had a Bitcoin burger for sale, I would have loved to pay for a meal in bitcoins (check out Anker Klub if you go).

It would have been great though if I could have had a full day that was a sort of tour where you have a few tourist things during the day that you can pay for with bitcoins and three different restaurants for breakfast/lunch/dinner that accept bitcoin.

There should be something in every major tourist city where you can spend a day on only bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:02:15 PM

I would sure appreciate to book an hotel room with BTC, but I'm not convinced BTC is the best solution for small expenses.
Still, it could be convenient when going to small countries like Hungary, if you could avoid changing any cash.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:56:11 AM

If you could avoid changing cash, it would be fine for all cities around the world! That's a good idea, thank you for reminding this. I really didn't think about that way of BTC, now it's time to think for thief banks  Cool
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:03:23 AM

I think that this is pretty amazing... I would love to go around and spend bitcoin everywhere I go. But instead I have to use USD, paper, taxable, U.S. dollars..

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:48:24 AM

Or at least have it to where it is all inclusive, and if there isn't enough places that accept bitcoin, the "tourist middle man" can pay with fiat and just charge you in bitcoin all at once. You just get coupons for the various places.

I'm not sure we are at the point yet where you can spend an entire day using bitcoin in a tourist location.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:08:40 AM

I would sure appreciate to book an hotel room with BTC,

I usually book my hotels through Expedia. They accept bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
stockkid

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Is there a website that aggregates information about businesses that accept Bitcoins around the world, or in local areas?
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:33:19 AM

I wrote that down thank you Elwar Smiley Expedia sounds like Wikipedia; but doesn't matter, they accept Bitcoin that's what we're looking for...
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 01:09:24 PM

Maybe not right now but in few more years to come there would be significant changes. What I would like to see is a complete tour package from accommodation to foods to sightseeing all in one. To think of it that gives me a business idea on creating one. Would certainly sell for bitcoin lovers

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:54:25 PM

I would sure appreciate to book an hotel room with BTC,

I usually book my hotels through Expedia. They accept bitcoins.

Thanks for the info. Actually, I knew it but I had forgotten it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:11:55 AM

This will happen eventually. Bitcoin payment processors have a ways to catch up with the major credit cards but there is money to be made in it so it will happen eventually.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 08:47:29 AM

Is there a website that aggregates information about businesses that accept Bitcoins around the world, or in local areas?

I use:
http://www.coinmap.org

This will do for now, I can do my own research but a day catering to Bitcoin users would be nice.

As much as these companies try to get the business of tourists, I would think this would be a no brainer.

I forgot to mention, Anker Klub gave me a 10% discount for using Bitcoin...so even better.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:00:56 AM

Maybe not right now but in few more years to come there would be significant changes. What I would like to see is a complete tour package from accommodation to foods to sightseeing all in one. To think of it that gives me a business idea on creating one. Would certainly sell for bitcoin lovers

Great idea but this depends of number of bitcoin users available in some country or place.
Local businessman will offer such tourist programs (or any other offer) for bitcoin users if they find financial interest, so everything depends on demand.
if just a few users, I don't think we will see such scenario soon.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀