Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin debit cards - perfect for 'dropshipper businesses'  (Read 1582 times)
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 4332

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 12:54:46 PM

bitcoin->FIAT debit cards will be a great way for individuals to utilise drop shipper services. Thus reducing the costs and workload for bitcoin merchants.

excuse the explanation, this is more aimed at getting the young entrepreneur's wishing to start a business to realise they do not have to pre-buy stock and then resend to customers at extra costs/workload and to highlight to bitpay/bitinstant the importance for merchants to know/request the exact FIAT amount they will receive and let the bitcoin be the variable amount.

what would be required by bitcoin debit card providers:
an API system to allow individuals to send a fiat value they NEED to receive on the card, and the API reply gives a bitcoin value after all the card issuer fee's are added. ensuring the debit card receives the requested FIAT value if they advertise the received inflated bitcoin price, so that the fee's are deducted on the bitcoin side.

the individual sets up a website with product lists that their drop shipping supplier has, with prices in bitcoin which are adjusted at webpage loading(via api) to show a bitcoin value that is the suppliers FIAT price converted to a bitcoin value and a commission fee added(for the individuals profit)

the individual would inform the bitcoin debit card provider (bitpay/bitinstant) that they want to keep the 'commission' as bitcoin. and have the FIAT amount requested at the API put onto card as FIAT to ensure they can pay for the goods. this can be done by the individual adding a set % ontop of the API received bitcoin value and informing the card issuer that the same % should be kept as bitcoin. it gets more complicated to manage if different products have differing commissions.

the bitcoin transaction is done on individuals website. and they get the customers delivery address and product order list.

the individual goes to the suppliers site and simply inputs their customers delivery address and ordered products and pays with the fiat now received to card. and thats it..
the individual has just made some bitcoins (the commission) without having to worry about delivery or packaging or having storage to hold stock.

stage 2 would be to get their drop shippers to then accept bitcoins to help with the mass expansion 'movement' the bitcoin community needs and making transactions more automated not requiring the bitinstant/bitpay card. Simply passed onto the the drop shipper by the web server automatically and bitcoin transferred using a hot wallet that only holds funds for the 1 confirm needed. which would then decrease the bitcoin 'cost' as theirs less middle man fee's inbetween from card issuers

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 02:15:16 AM

Sounds like a solid plan.

I considered dropshipping items that were not available for bitcoin for a fee, but I could not find a solution to quickly turn my bitcoin into fiat.

It sounds like there are cards in the US that can be used like this, but is there a solution in Canada? It seems our pre-paid/reloadable debit/credit cards have different rules or something.
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:46:10 PM

Sounds like a solid plan.

I considered dropshipping items that were not available for bitcoin for a fee, but I could not find a solution to quickly turn my bitcoin into fiat.

It sounds like there are cards in the US that can be used like this, but is there a solution in Canada? It seems our pre-paid/reloadable debit/credit cards have different rules or something.

Bitpay or MTGox Auto-sell are just 2 options available to you for this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: