Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:56:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I talked with Amazon Live Support today...  (Read 18924 times)
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 09:30:23 AM

[...]
Alan:
If the payments are irreversible as far as I can see.
Interesting.
The official bitcoin site als says the process is experimental
http://bitcoin.org/
Either way I'll pass on your feedback, if it proves secure and convenient for customers it will be considered in due course.
Can I help with anything else?
Me:
the client is experimental, but the network itself is running and other merchants are using it
nothing else other than bitcoin - although would you be able to get whatever committee it is that you are passing it on to to respond to me after they have looked at it?
[...]
The client is the currency currently. There really are no alternatives to the official client.
The bitcoin.org page clearly says "Bitcoin is an experimental new digital currency [...]". Don't oversell it dude.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:52:53 AM

Expected this to be done late last month, but I'm assured we are getting very close. Smiley

This is awesome.  Anyway to get people to spend bitcoins is a good thing.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 10:32:55 AM

[...]
Alan:
Interesting.
Either way I'll pass on your feedback, if it proves secure and convenient for customers it will be considered in due course.
Me:
the client is experimental, but the network itself is running and other merchants are using it
nothing else other than bitcoin - although would you be able to get whatever committee it is that you are passing it on to to respond to me after they have looked at it?
[...]
The client is the currency currently. There really are no alternatives to the official client.
The bitcoin.org page clearly says "Bitcoin is an experimental new digital currency [...]". Don't oversell it dude.

I beg to differ. There's a lot of alternatives like the Electrum  and Armory present in the Alternative Client subforum.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 11:13:19 AM

I beg to differ. There's a lot of alternatives like the Electrum  and Armory present in the Alternative Client subforum.

I for one am pro-electrum. We're using it in a new product of ours.

Regular bitcoin client just isn't scalable, especially on mobile platforms.

Imagine 2,000,000 people downloading the blockchain but not serving it also. It would kill it.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 02:25:53 PM

These are sad times. See, about 20 years ago, I was able to call ATI and actually talked to one of their engineers at length about my problems with their card and they were able to identify the bug with their card (ATI Graphics Ultra Pro - I found a link). I had his extension number. When I did support myself for another unnamed PC component manufacturer, I was one phone call away from engineers, and was able find, identify, and resolve compatibility problems, and turn them over to QA and deployment. Nowadays, support is an outsourced cost center who's only goal is placating the customer by reading a script and hanging up on them as fast as possible. Of course, computer users on the whole are a lot dumber now, too.

Yes, but it also brings down the costs for everyone who doesn't require tech support Wink I'd rather have cheaper product + Google search than more expensive product + good customer support.
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 12:32:36 AM

[...]
Alan:
Interesting.
Me:
[...]

I beg to differ. There's a lot of alternatives like the Electrum  and Armory present in the Alternative Client subforum.
Neither Electrum nor Armory implement the full Bitcoin protocol. Ie. they don't keep a local copy of the block chain, and help other peers maintain a block chain (which is needed for the Bitcoin network to function). Armory is intended to become a full client (that doesn't depend on the Satoshi client), but isn't yet. Electrum is only intended to be a light weight client, ie. it doesn't support the network in any way, it just uses it. Without the Satoshi client there would be no usable Bitcoin currency at the moment.
vssa

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 02:34:48 PM

This is grate  Grin another reason to invest in bitcoin !! Roll Eyes

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 02:39:18 PM

old thread is old

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:58:22 PM

And our damned tool still hasn't come out! I saw an amazing update of it today though. I think it will be ready for at least Amazon US very very soon. Not sure what very very soon means in developer world though. Smiley

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 12:14:56 AM

I think it is more likely that Mr Jit there didn't know what you were talking about, and just gave you a standard "finish the discussion with client happy" answer.

+1 you got that right

Coinabul (OP)

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 07:42:43 AM

I've been checking bitcoin.amazon.com every day since I had that lovely conversation.

(Oh well Sad)

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: