Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betcoin.Tm scam?  (Read 2934 times)
gollum (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:09:45 AM

Betcoin.Tm want to give the impression that they are more popular than Satoshi Dice already, within a month from start.

Im sure the owners of that site play there with fake accounts and use their own coins (newly mined coins + "mixed" coins) to give the impression that their site is more popular than Satoshi Dice so they can attract real players eventually.

What do you guys think?
nicolazza

Activity: 240

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:25:44 AM

Betcoin.Tm want to give the impression that they are more popular than Satoshi Dice already, within a month from start.

Im sure the owners of that site play there with fake accounts and use their own coins (newly mined coins + "mixed" coins) to give the impression that their site is more popular than Satoshi Dice so they can attract real players eventually.

What do you guys think?

I think you are right.
Never trusted "My site is better then others. We have millions of players"

We'll see   Cheesy
gollum (OP)

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

I don't say they scam the players, but it could be a marketing scam to attract new players.
Why would people play so much from the first day on a completely new site otherwise?

Im sure their intention is to make a pump & dump and sell the site at 10 million+ dollars like Satoshi Dice
Its a shame how much greedy people bitcoin attracts...

They also pump a lot of bullshit press releases all the time bragging about their Satoshi Dice clone...
its very obvious that they wanna pump up the image of their site so they can dump it on some rich sucker
nicolazza

Activity: 240

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:33:02 AM

I don't say they scam the players, but it could be a marketing scam to attract new players.
Why would people play so much from the first day on a completely new site otherwise?

Im sure their intention is to make a pump & dump and sell the site at 10 million+ dollars like Satoshi Dice
Its a shame how much greedy people bitcoin attracts...

common thought "bitcoin = easy money"
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:35:31 AM

What do you guys think?

I just found this thread due to the banner ad that is now being run.

Don't worry, this is a safe site using the excellent marketing skills of Jeff Ownby, BF Labs Inc.'s co-founder.

#ASKFTC
cmw787

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:41:09 AM

this site is a total scam stay away . there is no support and you cannot withdraw your money !  STAY AWAY!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: