Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weed / Realpolitik / Crypto / Civil Asset Forefeiture and Any Other Chosen Topic  (Read 18915 times)
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 01:11:34 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 01:39:27 AM by BitcoinCharlie

Ladies / Gentlemen,

I have begun this thread to continue our discussion that we discontinued in the main UNO thread today...BTW anyone is welcome to join in...

Go!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 01:38:44 AM

i really think that the dispensories would be well served by getting into crypto. It will help alleviate the hostile banking environment perpetuated by the federal regulators.  It is very dangerous for them to carry around / have on hand that much cash.

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:03:10 AM

I summed up what I had to add in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg9723182#msg9723182

I don't like these discussions, and if you must know, I am completely bullshit.  That's right folks.  Despite being damned accurate and now proveably correct on hundreds, if not thousands of conspiracy-fact related assertions over the years, and before it was remotely ok to present alternative thoughs, my mind just doesn't work so well for memory or references or Roger's Rules of Order discussions.

I don't waste my energy 'proving' anything to anyone, and I've been right on the critically-important points regarding Humanity over the years a whole lot more than I've been wrong.

/troll

(Psst, ...I've left the discussion - YOU WIN!)

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 02:07:41 AM

LOL, I agree, i don't try to prove anything either.

Somebody once said that there ain't no point in talking if there's nobody listening...

I have read that the pot dispenseries are unfairly targeted in jurisdictions where their activities are legal. It makes sense that owners of such legal establishments would be interested in crypto. Although it is interesting to find out that they are not versed on the subject.

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:46:59 AM

I liked that mention was made of no dispensaries accepting bitcoin. I think this is a real issue. Not quite sure why this is, other than it is difficult enough to try to go about with cash in a legal manner. If you throw something into the mix that can bring about money laundering charges as well as what ever else they are feeling like tossing into the mix.

Weed is just a plant, that is what i don't understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act is the best place to start i think. Leaves me scratching my head anyway. How archaic are we? Prescription meds where the side effects range from bleeding out of your ass, insomnia, depression, kidney and/or liver failure. I have been told that they need to list the possible side effects even if it has been just one person who has experienced the claimed effect. It makes sense that they warn you it could happen if you do such a thing. None of those things have ever happened as a result of me smoking. Maybe i get a little depressed when i am out ;P

It isn't that i need it to survive, or function. It adds a little sparkle back into life though. Makes things "fun" again. That child-like sense of wonder and adventure that often times seems to die as we grow older. It lets me feel that again. I am not out there raping men and women, eating babies, or anything crazy. Plenty of sober non-drug using individuals do tons of horrible things. I think people like to blame drugs because it makes coping with that dark side of humanity that much easier. It can't be that monsters truly exist, it has to be external influence that drives people to do horrible things to each other. Often times that may be the case, although it is usually how one internalizes things that leads to such drastic outbursts of emotions, or displays of lack of any emotion for that matter. Shooting people in movie theaters, shooting up schools, what ever, joining jihadists, eating people, pick your poison. If smoking marijuana made you any more susceptible to any of those things i could certainly understand why there was such a push to keep it illegal.

I don't doubt that excessively doing or using anything is good. It is all about moderation. I wonder often times how many people have brain issues, imbalances in chemicals and other psychotic issues, and that is what drives them to drug use to begin with. It is easier to demonize use and victimize the user than it is to try to put your self in the shoes of another. To see things from a perspective that is outside of your own. Instead of there being a war on what makes people use drugs to begin with (hint hint, usually mental illness, past traumas, or other horrific things) there is just a war on drugs and the users who seek solace in their effects. If the drugs aren't being used for recreational reasons and are being consumed daily then the individual is medicating. I think that is part of the issue in understanding drug abuse. All different types of people do drugs for all different types of reasons. The ones that receive the most focus are the habitual users, which while there may be nothing visibly wrong with them, something is most likely driving them towards daily drug use. At least this is what my self reflection has lead me to believe. Who doesn't have skeletons? The lucky ones... If they have found a drug that doesn't destroy their bodies and minds, doesn't hurt another, and allows them to cope with their issues, who the fuck is anyone to tell them they can't do that? Whole thing seems pretty shitty imo.

I was watching the news today, another sensationalized news story of course, but the topic is something to consider. Kids dying from "designer" drugs that are legally for sale online. Ya know what doesn't kill your kids, well it might give them heart problems if they wind up eating tons of doritos or other munchies. Good ol' mary jane.

There is no winning, there is no losing, there was no argument. It is just fucked up how easily manipulated people are.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:24:54 AM

I've just popped in to say that 'side threads' like this are a fine way both of dealing with touchy subjects, and of keeping the main thread from being cluttered.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu)
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:58:56 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 05:33:52 AM by BitcoinNational

"Will the USMS Bitcoin auction on Thurs. 4th push Btc down?"

Speaking of Asset Forfeiture ...  I don't think there has been any jury trail nor conviction.  "Nevermind the details or facts" say the feds.  They offer deals you can refuse, and have 98% conviction rates featuring life long convictions.

In other wonders, please do not consume illegal substances, they are bad m'kay, and if the US.gov find even a gram of the stuff then they take all your stuff;)  

Then you will spend time in a private 'for profit' correctional labor camp, learn the trades of hooligans and the age old craft of gang violence -- even though 50% plus enter the gates as 'non violent offenders' (read 'druggies').  

And you will be in a multimillion dollar 'top security' facility featuring watchtowers, electrified fences, cameras galore and everyone's favorite ... body cavity searches ... said substances that will get you in the slammer are sold there too.  

[okay cool we got a thread if we need a spot to rant and rave]

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Lol Woo, rant mode, on.  Cool

No! You mean they purposefully create laws that they know people are going to break as a means of incarcerating individuals for a means of cheap labor? Poppycock! Or is it  Shocked ! That is the fucked part. Not only were you doing nothing harmful, but now you work for pennies on the hour, as though you were in China or something. Which is another thing that is pretty awful. The rampant use of more or less "slave labor" to make products and goods for the rest of the world. I guess as long as we don't have to actually see the slaves, it is cool? Well maybe that is the wrong way of looking at it. It is bound to be true that in some cases the opportunity to make a wage has provided a better life style for some people than they would have had had no outsourcing occurred. There is no reason we can't outsource work but make sure it isn't a thinly veiled form of slavery. Not that outsourcing is helping anything but it is going to happen one way or another. There is no reason good shouldn't come from it. Instead the same thing takes place. People selfishly bleeding others for their own petty gains. Bah! To hell with these sinners and heathens! lol

vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:08:08 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 06:20:06 PM by vector.iso

[deleted]

felt good to write, but then i realize i'm arguing about weed on a bitcoin forum...

suffice to say i'm annoyed with some things said, but i'm really just here for the money.
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:38:44 PM

@vector You shouldn't delete. My point is that crypto is finally the great equalizer in all of these matters. So long as there is electricity, there will be the ability to trade without interference from any entity...

I don't smoke, but know lots of people who do.  Smoker or not, we all function just fine in our daily lives.  I have witnessed numerous examples of friends as you described that lived a more fulfilling life due to cannabis.

As for conspiracy theories, if you've ever been or know anyone that has been picked up on a charge of having a joint on his or her person, then you know first-hand how hard it is to get out of the penal system. The system seems almost designed to keep people in slavery. Between all of the check-ins (that you can't get to b/c you lost your license to drive), the drug tests, the court fees, the probation fees, etc., it's almost impossible not to make a mistake / miss a payment and wind up in more trouble for violating than you were in to begin with!

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:29:42 PM

Hi, just wanted to pop in here to get an important fact right. Benefector stated that "The pot of today is both much more potent in terms of *ucking up people's brain receptors permanently, many times more powerful than in the 60's, when the CIA started to make it a thing.".

For one, the CIA didn't make pot a big thing here, where 'here' is 'the Netherlands'. And second, and more importantly, having smoked grass on a daily basis for 20 years (stopped almost a year ago), I indeed have seen grass (some of it anyway, if you choose it) become much stronger. But it hasn't 'fucked anyones brain receptors up permanently" more then it used to. On rare occasions, adolescent males can become schizofrenic because of grass AND other factors. That has not increased, at least not here in Holland. There is good research being done here, as it is freely available and we're not as childishly afraid of grass here as elsewhere in the world.

So please accept this info from someone with good first-hand knowledge: stronger weed just makes you sleepier quicker if you choose to smoke the same amount, it does not fuck up any receptors any quicker that weed from 20 years ago.

=P
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

Hi, just wanted to pop in here to get an important fact right. Benefector stated that "The pot of today is both much more potent in terms of *ucking up people's brain receptors permanently, many times more powerful than in the 60's, when the CIA started to make it a thing.".

For one, the CIA didn't make pot a big thing here, where 'here' is 'the Netherlands'. And second, and more importantly, having smoked grass on a daily basis for 20 years (stopped almost a year ago), I indeed have seen grass (some of it anyway, if you choose it) become much stronger. But it hasn't 'fucked anyones brain receptors up permanently" more then it used to. On rare occasions, adolescent males can become schizofrenic because of grass AND other factors. That has not increased, at least not here in Holland. There is good research being done here, as it is freely available and we're not as childishly afraid of grass here as elsewhere in the world.

So please accept this info from someone with good first-hand knowledge: stronger weed just makes you sleepier quicker if you choose to smoke the same amount, it does not fuck up any receptors any quicker that weed from 20 years ago.
Good info, thanks for checking out this thread.

My friends always told me that stronger weed makes you hungrier for more pizza and snacks!

Grin

Also, are you a holder of $UNO?

julian071

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:50:40 PM

Yeah, I hold 350kg atm.

=P
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:11:22 PM

Nice, thanks for supporting the coin! What other cryptos do you keep in your stable?

julian071

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:26:10 PM

Well, NLG of course! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.0

THE best country coin! 50+ merchants accepting, including offline merchants. Fair distribution. 1.7 billion coins to be created. Android wallet, iOS in the making. Check guldencoin.com.

Unfortunately we are being raped by clevermining fo quite a while now. They get all the low diff blocks.

Our dev has made a simulator for cryptocoin algo's to be tested, we are working with that now to find a proper solution. When the simulator is fully finished it will be released for all cryptos to use.

Besides NLG  I have some BTC because of cloudmining. I don't think BTC has a bright future though, just like AOL and MySpace didn't have, at least not in the long run.

Thanks for asking!

What coins do you hold?

=P
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:52:58 PM

I've got quite a few different coins. The usual suspects like BTC, PPC, DOGE, XJO, LTC, etc.

However, I have been most involved with the UNO community. The coin is over a year old now and has had a steady climb in value during that time. It survived a pump and dump by a whale, etc. Most of the community are HODLrs who are looking five years down the line...

There are some really interesting in-house trading options. You can check them out at http://tinyurl.com/UNO-EX There are also some very bright minds there who are interested in a true store of value as opposed to the regular pump and dumps. We see UNO as used for a store of value as opposed to a daily transactional coin. A savings tool if you will.

I'll have to check of NLG.

Thanks again for your support of UNO!

julian071

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

Yeah I see UNO that way too. I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

NLG has a different target: it must be a coin for daily use. The team is working really hard on that. Check the timeline of the achievements so far: https://timeline.guldencoin.com/

=P
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:56:27 PM

Very impressive!

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:18:30 PM

I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

Lol now THAT is interesting to me! So without divulging too many of your trade secrets, how does that work? You play the swings on btc and wind up buying uno for longer periods of holding? I suck at trading, i am not looking to judge or criticize what and how you do it, just looking to gather as much info as i can from "real" people. Trying to learn!

BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

Lol now THAT is interesting to me! So without divulging too many of your trade secrets, how does that work? You play the swings on btc and wind up buying uno for longer periods of holding? I suck at trading, i am not looking to judge or criticize what and how you do it, just looking to gather as much info as i can from "real" people. Trying to learn!

Yeah, I'm interested to learn as well...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: