Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum criticisms, wish list  (Read 4618 times)
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 01:48:05 AM

I actually think that phpBB has more support, plugins, etc. than paid forums. There are more indie developers using free forums, such as phpBB, and thus more extensions.

As for phpBB being "bloated web 2.0 garbage", it's not this. It's just nicer on the eyes, and still a simple look.

It's up to you, as an admin of course, but personally I can't stand the look of SMF.

~lulz

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 02:11:36 AM

having personally run both phpbb and smf forums.. smf is way easier and works better..
you can always go to one of the smf theme sites and pick a new one, then ask an admin to add it :p or even modify one yourself..

ZOMG Moo!
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 10:02:03 AM

This forum, with its easy-on-the-eye theme, is so easy to read. Who wants glitz?
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 10:47:17 AM

Liking the new "New" button ...

how about we get the

"Show new replies to your posts."

link replicated at the bottom of the thread pages also? or put into the Jump To pull-down? (Scrolling back to top of page to get to new replies list and "New" button is lengthy)

This. I know it's possible to as other SMF forums I'm on have that whole section replicated at the bottom of the screen. It really does save a lot of scrolling.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: