Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My mining speed goes up and down like ayoyo  (Read 1760 times)
iamborg1of1 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

Hi I have been mining for about 6months now. I mine through BTC Guild  and for the last 5 months I have been using 12 Antminer S1 @ about 2200 GH/s, but about a month ago they started disconnecting and reconnecting then stopping for several hours, then starting again my speed drops to 500GH/s Then up to full speed then back down again. There is no pattern to what they are doing it happens day and night my charts of mining speed on BTC Guild is all over the place I've logged in to the machines and the are all running about 39-40 C no dead chips. I have virgin broad band (fibre optic ) running about 50Mb. Does any body know why this is happening.
Regards
Peter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OverHash

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

Hi I have been mining for about 6months now. I mine through BTC Guild  and for the last 5 months I have been using 12 Antminer S1 @ about 2200 GH/s, but about a month ago they started disconnecting and reconnecting then stopping for several hours, then starting again my speed drops to 500GH/s Then up to full speed then back down again. There is no pattern to what they are doing it happens day and night my charts of mining speed on BTC Guild is all over the place I've logged in to the machines and the are all running about 39-40 C no dead chips. I have virgin broad band (fibre optic ) running about 50Mb. Does any body know why this is happening.
Regards
Peter

Do you have any logs or anything with around the times you see the miner disconnecting/reconnecting as there maybe something in there that will give an insight to what is happening?

Also what is your Accepted/Rejected ratio like?
OrangeGator

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:11:24 PM

It could be many things.  Pool problems, local internet problems, local power problems (brownouts etc)  You can test another pool to see if that's the problem.  For internet and power, you would need monitor internet speed and power line voltage to see if there are drops.  Another possible problem could be the router you have the miners connected that to.  You should check that also.
NocTurNalFX

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

Try cleaning your S1's .   Get the dust out of fans and heat sinks.   Dust is probably not whats causing it,  but it will definitely wont hurt it. 

BTC Donations: 1MH1Si7eFToQDFcmEYsBgsAXEcochQe4Cg
iamborg1of1 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:12:16 PM

Hi thank you for your replies I was not notified via email about them ,
I have now sorted out the problem and it was to do with the way they were connect to the router I used a through the mains electric plug to connect to my router as soon as I hard wired the S1 and S2 to my router all my problems went away so for future info don't use them as soon as I was hashing at 2.5 TH it could not handle the data .

Also another warning I signed up with Igot And after 4 weeks of complaining I still had not received my money only when I said I am going to the police I received it. Stupidly I gave them another chance and now I have been waiting 4 weeks for my money to be transferred to my bank and nothing, What ever you do, do not use this company I'm pretty sure that what they are doing is bumping you because they have not got the funds to pay .

But once again thank you for your help
Peter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: