Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will bitcoin reach $1000 ?  (Voting closed: January 07, 2016, 08:30:26 AM)
End of 2014 - 6 (5.3%)
January - March 2015 - 18 (15.8%)
April - June 2015 - 30 (26.3%)
July - September 2015 - 10 (8.8%)
October - December 2015 - 4 (3.5%)
After 2015 - 21 (18.4%)
That's never going to happen - 25 (21.9%)
Total Voters: 114

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will bitcoin reach $1000 ?  (Read 3733 times)
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:50:59 PM

We all don't know whether the prices are going up or down. If anybody would know, they would have been a millionere in a week.. Dont take it seriously when people say prices are going up or down, it's only a pure speculation

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:32:35 AM

people say there will be a rally next year, but not sure why they think that.
piike2323

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:16:21 AM

Guys, when will bitcoin reach $1000 again ?
A lot people said it will happen end of this year, but the reality bitcoin still stand at $380

And i think, when will it happen ?
Personally, i think that's going to happen at mid end of june 2015

What do you think ?

Um how about never. Its more likely that the bitcoin will be worth even less by this time next year. The bitcoin dropped in value due to several reasons; Banks wont support anybody using their account for transactions, the lose of the original silk road, the lose of very popular exchanges, and finally the significant increase of scams when the value was high. The bitcoin got beat-up in 2014 and at the same time the mining difficulty kept climbing at an exponential rate. Now we are looking at the fact that mining bitcoins is just simply unsustainable. Home mining is unprofitable and cloud mining the new hope. Cloud mining is a huge rip off. Its only a matter of time before mining bitcoins is just unprofitable for any body.  I think in the future electric companies wont support mining bitcoins. If they see electric usage skyrockets they may cut you off.
Gine.Unnta

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:03:26 AM

not the next one or two year anyways
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:43:42 AM

It happened just last year spiking to above $1000 November-December 2013, so it can happen fairly easily.

No one knows for sure when it will, whether it takes a major news event, just some major volume day on exchanges...I'm just going to throw my guess in there.

April - June 2015.  Book it!   Roll Eyes

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:52:14 AM

I think bitcoin will stay low in price with many of the the alts gaining popularity and market share. Long term bitcoin will need some changes to stay ahead and not become a dinosaur and go the way of the VCR. As more businesses accept bitcoin I also see dumping by businesses that accept it as payment for goods and services. This will lower the price even more. I think BTC is in the future will be lower than now. More and more it is accepted as a currency for goods and services. Traders will not want to buy it as it becomes a hurdle and a extra expense. (well if a currency falls maybe) but my thought

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:17:49 AM

A lot people said it will happen end of this year, but the reality bitcoin still stand at $380

What do you think ?

Um how about never. Its more likely that the bitcoin will be worth even less by this time next year. The bitcoin dropped in value due to several reasons; Banks wont support anybody using their account for transactions, the lose of the original silk road, the lose of very popular exchanges, and finally the significant increase of scams when the value was high. The bitcoin got beat-up in 2014 and at the same time the mining difficulty kept climbing at an exponential rate. Now we are looking at the fact that mining bitcoins is just simply unsustainable. Home mining is unprofitable and cloud mining the new hope. Cloud mining is a huge rip off. Its only a matter of time before mining bitcoins is just unprofitable for any body.  I think in the future electric companies wont support mining bitcoins. If they see electric usage skyrockets they may cut you off.

Electric companies only want profit and will sell to anyone who wants to buy. Why should they cut off bitcoin miners when there is profit to be made from them?
piike2323

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:26:32 AM

What do you think ?

Electric companies only want profit and will sell to anyone who wants to buy. Why should they cut off bitcoin miners when there is profit to be made from them?

You need to think about it. Its not just about profit. The electricity doesn't just come from no ware and its not without its cost and maintenance. We don't have unlimited electricity so the companies don't just simply think about profit. I'm not saying for sure that electric companies will cut people off but they will have a problem in the future if the number and size of mining farms keep growing. It will take its tole on the infrastructure. It can cause an energy crises. I do believe that electric companies will refuse to support the bitcoin or any-crypto currency mining because the amount of power consumption will become unsustainable to the infrastructure.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:34:35 AM

If it's anything like last year, it will come totally unexpected and for all the wrong reasons Smiley
Big0Bang

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:44:59 AM

It's hard to say.Maybe it will be hard to reach 1,000$ in recent few years,as we know,Chinese make this 1,000 happened ,so I don't think it will happen again,1,000 is also not reasonable for now. but 600$ or 500$ seems reasonable for now.

In short,I am not optimistic about price in recent time.  2014 is also the year about "DOWN DOWN DOWN", too bad.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:08:39 AM

It's going to take a while, IMO. An altcoin such as Peercoin will more likely be useful for low value, high velocity transfers, whereas Bitcoin might be more useful for high value, low-to-medium transfers, particularly due to blockchain constraints on size.

That said, we might see a movement back up once the Silk Road coins have been auctioned off.
bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:02:23 AM

It happened just last year spiking to above $1000 November-December 2013, so it can happen fairly easily.

No one knows for sure when it will, whether it takes a major news event, just some major volume day on exchanges...I'm just going to throw my guess in there.

April - June 2015.  Book it!   Roll Eyes

Lets hope your guess is right it would be perfect time for it.
First summer holiday are starting in that period (perfect time for parting)
Lots of location planing so good esteemed for price.

djokica

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:04:21 AM

I would like to go at least near 1000$ but reading here im not convinced that it will happen any time soon.

Hope im frong.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

When will bitcoin reach $1000 ?
This is never going to happen.

You heard it here first.
orsotheysaid

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:51:14 PM

people say there will be a rally next year, but not sure why they think that.
Anyone that has a functioning brain knows Bitcoin will explode in price eventually, so "next year" is a big period where things can happen. An entire year prediction makes it very realistically that we can even double ATH.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 09:08:56 PM

Very sad how these threads keeping coming out... Since people have been making this all year why not just have one giant perma bull $1,000 per coin $14BILLION dollar market cap thread that you can all dream in.

People are anxious! They are afraid. They need reassurance and need to know that they're not the only ones worrying! This is just how people work, to be honest! If everyone was just completely confident and didn't mind a falling price, everyone would just succeed in making a fortune holding their coins through hard and cold times!
@fewcoins, it all depends on the perspective of time. It must fall to the bottom, to be born again Wink If blood appears in the streets, there will be time to buy.

True, but there is much more blood to be shed. The problem is right now with the current system $1,000 per coin is literally IMPOSSIBLE
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:35:21 PM

This wont be happening this year at all.
This will be year when all start again hope to see it pump but not before next year.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 02:18:01 PM

For now all of us Bitcoin enthusiasts will probably be more realistic regarding any higher prices nowadays.

It's all dumping and selling pressure right now with no bounce backs.

There could be great news like Microsoft or Paypal, but no price spike to reflect this.  There could be new startups, new innovative apps, hardware, or consumer friendly sites, but BTC price don't give a F.

Right now the speculators and bear whale dumpers have taken over BTC.  The miners that are pulling out and dumping all their BTC on the exchange excaserbates this issue.

For now, we'll have to temper expectations, until something truly groundbreaking occurs.  Maybe it's the COIN ETF, maybe it's the Paypal launch, maybe Amazon or Google coming aboard, something has to give.

Until then, maybe knock off a zero off the Subject thread title... Sad

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:37:31 PM

When we still & keep believing on bitcoin, the price will raise again.

Let's hope that bitcoin will be accept more worldwide
and then it will keep more inovating it's technology for a better security so more people will leave trust on bitcoin
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:38:27 PM

Never  Roll Eyes Huh Angry
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: