Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets  (Read 40099 times)
yambub

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

Internet Freedom for African Communities

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:14:50 PM

It's not looking promising. What's going on with Paytoshi?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paytoshi (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

Paytoshi: Micropayments & Faucets

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 04:08:01 PM

Hello everyone,

Paytoshi started as a pet project in autumn 2014 and launched in december 2014. It was born in what appeared to be a profitable bubble left by Microwallet. In little less than two years we handled ~33 millions microtransactions exchanging ~85BTC. We always were runner-up in this market segment, but we are proud still of our continuous operations.

Paytoshi was never profitable because our transaction volume was just too low, but we loved cryptocurrencies and we decided to keep the project running nonetheless. We poured great effort to make a secure and reliable architecture and a good faucet script. We actively developed and honed our systems till this summer, when our company shifted focus on other projects.

We planned to make an announcement in a few days, but FaucetBox was always too fast for us: it launched a few weeks before us, gained more traction at the beginning, decided to close down sooner... Wink
So here's our announcement: Paytoshi stops operations on 14th December. If you want to get paid, please reach your payable threshold before that date. If you are a faucet owner you can transfer your deposits to an address.

It seems a good moment to be in our place: we can be the market leader for the first time with few or not competitors at all, but honestly we are not ready to start investing again on Paytoshi. We are not against selling Paytoshi to interested parties, but we wont close out just because we dont need it.

Thanks to all our users, it's been a pleasant ride!
Cheers

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 05:04:03 PM by mexicantarget

That's very sad news Sad
Can't believe it's that unprofitable to run.

Wish you good luck in your future projects.

You have a PM.
catcatcatcaty

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:16:26 PM

Hello everyone,

Paytoshi started as a pet project in autumn 2014 and launched in december 2014. It was born in what appeared to be a profitable bubble left by Microwallet. In little less than two years we handled ~33 millions microtransactions exchanging ~85BTC. We always were runner-up in this market segment, but we are proud still of our continuous operations.

Paytoshi was never profitable because our transaction volume was just too low, but we loved cryptocurrencies and we decided to keep the project running nonetheless. We poured great effort to make a secure and reliable architecture and a good faucet script. We actively developed and honed our systems till this summer, when our company shifted focus on other projects.

We planned to make an announcement in a few days, but FaucetBox was always too fast for us: it launched a few weeks before us, gained more traction at the beginning, decided to close down sooner... Wink
So here's our announcement: Paytoshi stops operations on 14th December. If you want to get paid, please reach your payable threshold before that date. If you are a faucet owner you can transfer your deposits to an address.

It seems a good moment to be in our place: we can be the market leader for the first time with few or not competitors at all, but honestly we are not ready to start investing again on Paytoshi. We are not against selling Paytoshi to interested parties, but we wont close out just because we dont need it.

Cheers

lol wtf.

faucets will be dropping like flies.
xyzabc

Activity: 210

★Spacey The Bird★ Android Game , Bitco

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:57:03 PM

Hello everyone,

Cheers

lol wtf.

faucets will be dropping like flies.

Lol! So much happening in faucet world !! Maybe a year later from now we would talking like ..

The time when faucetbox announced closing and next day paytoshi announced closing.. Every Faucet owner could see dark days ahead. Was this the end of many people's first intro to bitcoin.. The Faucets?
But then something happened to save it .. What ?  Smiley

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 07:34:59 PM

Another sad news in faucet business. I didn't used Paytoshi very often, but in general, it was good microtransactions service, second option after Faucetbox. I believed that Paytoshi will become alternative after Faucetbox will be closed.
I want to say thanks to Paytoshi team for providing us great service which didn't gained enough popularity.

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:40:05 PM

I want to say thanks to Paytoshi team for providing us great service which didn't gained enough popularity.

hmm i thnink its not a good service iam trying since moths now to register there !
its not possible allways getting this error:
Code:
"Unable to register".

and no answeres to support mails -.-

kind regards
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 08:13:50 PM

Paytoshi will close down soon!what happening in micro-transactions service proved world?

Its sad news in faucet business, second micro-transactions service proved make an announcement to close down they service !

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:32:10 PM

Paytoshi will close down soon!what happening in micro-transactions service proved world?

Its sad news in faucet business, second micro-transactions service proved make an announcement to close down they service !

I agree.. The faucet ecosystem is harmed today..

Bitcoin faucets are the first way for many people to get their first bitcoins and learn about the transactions system etc..

yambub

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 11:09:06 PM

Bitcoin faucets are the first way for many people to get their first bitcoins and learn about the transactions system etc..

That was the case for me. Started with interest in OpenBazaar then in testing there was a test coin faucet, so I found all the rest. First bitcoin transaction was a revelation, no going back after that, stupid banker currencies must die!

toecutter

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 04:11:56 AM

Hello everyone,

Cheers

What a sad day.

Your support was always excellent. Sorry for not generating more income for you.

Good luck in all future endeavors!

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 08:48:30 AM

Your site unprofitable to run!how came that your services unprofitable to run? we need to know the reason so any one

else will run such services come up with details,and he can avoid this on own service.   

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

██████████████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
yambub

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 02:01:49 PM

Your site unprofitable to run!how came that your services unprofitable to run? we need to know the reason so any one

else will run such services come up with details,and he can avoid this on own service.   

I think if they knew that, they would not be closing!

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:42:42 PM

Folks, I PMd you 15 minutes after you posted that you're shutting your service down, you still haven't replied.
I've also e-mailed you ;p

Are you interested selling your project or not?
Falkensten

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:25:09 AM

FaucetBox -  Ends their days in Janauary 2017
Paytoshi - Ends their days in December 2016

However, I kinda liked the overview at Paytoshi, and sad to see they also go. I can't understand it's not profitable.

Now when that said; Faucet owners and faucet users should go over to Xapo. I don't think they would mind be the only one on the market for faucets.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:29:34 PM

*CUT
Now when that said; Faucet owners and faucet users should go over to Xapo. I don't think they would mind be the only one on the market for faucets.

Why? They are not only one. Faucet owners can use Epay.info too. Or they can wait for mexicantarget to finish his work on faucethub and use his micro payment system, and i must say from what i have seen it is looking very good.

Falkensten

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:16:12 PM

*CUT

Why? They are not only one. Faucet owners can use Epay.info too. Or they can wait for mexicantarget to finish his work on faucethub and use his micro payment system, and i must say from what i have seen it is looking very good.

True. Forgot about Epay. Havent been there for over half a year as it was a mess in my eyes. But now looks much better. I have to take a look at faucethub, thanks for letting me know:)
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 07:27:42 PM

FaucetBox -  Ends their days in Janauary 2017
Paytoshi - Ends their days in December 2016

However, I kinda liked the overview at Paytoshi, and sad to see they also go. I can't understand it's not profitable.

FaucetHub.io is launching soon: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672870.0;topicseen

Additionally, Xapo is great, but does not appeal to the masses, as there are a TON of restrictions for a lot of regions. They ask for too much information and verification when you sign up for their service.

FacuetHub will be the next big FaucetBox. Go with them Smiley

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1223

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:52:04 PM

i'm really sad for this notice about paytoshi :-(
good luck and have a nice life

thank you for serving bitcoin community for long time

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
babo
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 4096

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 09:02:52 AM

i hope paytoshi release all source code like opensource.. because community give to paytoshi and now paytoshi need to give something at community
is important to release code like opensource

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: